Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Darius Miller - PT

Featured Replies

Where is Darius at on the pre-season depth chart or will he play?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will be a role player at best this year IMO...

I've read some reports that he isn't being nearly aggressive enough during the practices, typical of non-star freshman.

 

Darius is a good ball player and will be a solid contributor for UK during his career. I have a feeling that he will get some pt this year, but be very inconsistent. Great one game, average the next.

 

I'd be very happy if he just plays hard and makes good decisions when he does get a chance to play this season. Make a few passes, knock down a couple jumpers, I just hope he doesn't try to do too much but isn't too scared of making a mistake to contribute (Woo syndrome).

I've read some reports that he isn't being nearly aggressive enough during the practices, typical of non-star freshman.

Darius is a good ball player and will be a solid contributor for UK during his career. I have a feeling that he will get some pt this year, but be very inconsistent. Great one game, average the next.

 

I'd be very happy if he just plays hard and makes good decisions when he does get a chance to play this season. Make a few passes, knock down a couple jumpers, I just hope he doesn't try to do too much but isn't too scared of making a mistake to contribute (Woo syndrome).

 

That don't surprise me. The few times I seen him play in high school, he really wasn't the most aggresive guy. I know Hopson always had people say stuff about him being lazy, but Miller also was lazy a lot on the court. Even in the state tournament he was at times. However when he decided to turn it on, no one was able to stop him. So now in college he is going against people even bigger than him and now he has to learn how to go hard all the time and how to work against people bigger than him, and not smaller like in high school.

 

I think he will have a good 4 years at UK, but it will take some time. As I said before I see him being just a role player at best this year...

That don't surprise me. The few times I seen him play in high school, he really wasn't the most aggresive guy. I know Hopson always had people say stuff about him being lazy, but Miller also was lazy a lot on the court. Even in the state tournament he was at times. However when he decided to turn it on, no one was able to stop him. So now in college he is going against people even bigger than him and now he has to learn how to go hard all the time and how to work against people bigger than him, and not smaller like in high school.

 

I think he will have a good 4 years at UK, but it will take some time. As I said before I see him being just a role player at best this year...

 

That's what I'm thinking.

 

Most likely, he'll see time when a few people ahead of him get in foul trouble or we have injuries.

 

Coach G. did start Mark Coury last year, so ya never know, Darius might start and play buzzer to buzzer if he's a hard worker in practice :lol:

That don't surprise me. The few times I seen him play in high school, he really wasn't the most aggresive guy. I know Hopson always had people say stuff about him being lazy, but Miller also was lazy a lot on the court. Even in the state tournament he was at times. However when he decided to turn it on, no one was able to stop him. So now in college he is going against people even bigger than him and now he has to learn how to go hard all the time and how to work against people bigger than him, and not smaller like in high school.

 

I think he will have a good 4 years at UK, but it will take some time. As I said before I see him being just a role player at best this year...

 

That statement brings back memorys of how he turned it on against Lexington Catholic last year in the 4th quarter (Or was it OT?) Either way, he was unstoppable when he took the situation into his own hands! Can't wait to watch him over the next few years!

That statement brings back memorys of how he turned it on against Lexington Catholic last year in the 4th quarter (Or was it OT?) Either way, he was unstoppable when he took the situation into his own hands! Can't wait to watch him over the next few years!

 

Me either!:thumb:

I don't think he'll see the floor much this year...

How did Darius preform in AAU ball ?

 

I really don't remember much about his ratings as sad as that is to say. Stars, class ranking, position ranking, ect.

I don't think he'll see the floor much this year...

 

What's your opinion on him GT ?

 

Solid 4 year contributor ?

That statement brings back memorys of how he turned it on against Lexington Catholic last year in the 4th quarter (Or was it OT?) Either way, he was unstoppable when he took the situation into his own hands! Can't wait to watch him over the next few years!

 

Can't wait!! But I see him as the 3rd or 4th guy off the bench.

What's your opinion on him GT ?

 

Solid 4 year contributor ?

Solid 4 year guy that will see his role increase every year. I think it will do him very well to play behind Harris...

I don't see him playing much this year, or helping this team out very much..

I am like GT, solid 4 year player and playing behind Harris this year. Probably avg. 10-15 minutes a game.

Solid 4 year guy that will see his role increase every year. I think it will do him very well to play behind Harris...

 

Good point, and something that I hadn't thought of. Harris & Miller are both very similar players. Miller is a little more talented offensively, though.

 

Harris brings tenacity to the floor on the defensive end, and I think it'll rub off on Miller in a very positive way.

 

I don't think Miller will contribute much this year. He may have his moments, but other guys are going to be called upon before Miller. With that said, I think he has a bright future and will be able to contribute down the road in a big way. In the day & age of the "1 & done" player, Miller is a "must have" to achieve long-term success.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.