Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill Transfer Kennedy Ruled Eligible

Featured Replies

From a very reliable source; 6'7" 210lb. Sophomore Collin Kennedy ruled eligible by KHSAA for the 08/09 season. Former East Carter Raider should make a difference for the Royals right away.

What were his circumstances for moving? This is the first I had heard about this kid.

  • Author
What were his circumstances for moving? This is the first I had heard about this kid.

I have no clue.

It's getting to be quite a revolving door at Rose Hill ... three starters have left the program since the spring. Are there others that have transferred in?

From a very reliable source; 6'7" 210lb. Sophomore Collin Kennedy ruled eligible by KHSAA for the 08/09 season. Former East Carter Raider should make a difference for the Royals right away.

 

It is good he gets the opportunity to play and enjoy his high school experience. I wish him the best.

With his size, combined with a determined work ethic on the court and in the classroom, he could have a bright future ahead.

  • Author
Did he play last year?

He played at East last year. I don't know at what levels, JV, freshman ???.

16th62nd probably could give more insight.:thumb:

He played JV ball and dressed varsity ball last year. He is one great kid and from a very good family. With hard work and a chance to play more at Rose Hill he could become a very good ball player before graduating. He is also a very talented pitcher in baseball. A very good catch for the Rose HILL PROGRAM. I hate seeing him leaving th East Carter program. Best wishes to him and his family.

Forgot to mention that his mom graduated from Boyd Co. Sure would liked to had him at Boyd.

Has any school in the area had such a turnover ratio of players in Basketball? I just dont understand why parents cant make a decision to be part of a Program from start to finish. Too much glory out there to have I guess. Not many team Players/Parents anymore.

 

I am not making a personal jab to this player or this family, because I am not familiar with them at all.

 

I just wish families would decide to stick it out all the way thru high school and finish their career with some meaning and have a little pride for their Program where they started, whether at Rose Hill or anywhere.

You may not have been taking a jab at this family but you hit the nail squarely on the head. This move had absolutely nothing to do with what was in the best interest of the kid. Colin is a good kid that in no way wanted to make this move. He would have saw a lot playing time at East Carter this year but that is just not good enough for some people.

You may not have been taking a jab at this family but you hit the nail squarely on the head. This move had absolutely nothing to do with what was in the best interest of the kid. Colin is a good kid that in no way wanted to make this move. He would have saw a lot playing time at East Carter this year but that is just not good enough for some people.

 

Once again, I do not know the family nor this situation, but you seem to have a point and maybe an insight. With your comment I agree that too many parents want to live their dream and their Life thru their children, whether thru sports or other activities. It is definetly a shame if the young man did not want to leave East Carter.

 

Could he had transferred to any other school in the 16th Region and been eligible? Not sure how all that works.

Why does this happen at Rose Hill? The first I heard about Rose Hill was when OJ Mayo transferred in, played for them, then transferred out. Quite alot, I hear of big time players transferring into Rose Hill and transferring back out. Is there something about Rose Hill that I don't know about?

Why does this happen at Rose Hill? The first I heard about Rose Hill was when OJ Mayo transferred in, played for them, then transferred out. Quite alot, I hear of big time players transferring into Rose Hill and transferring back out. Is there something about Rose Hill that I don't know about?

 

Roots,

This happens everywhere not just at Rose Hill.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.