Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bell Co. Kicker Merrick Closing in on Some Records

Featured Replies

Monte Merrick kicked his 173rd PAT of his career Friday night. This puts him in sixth place...only 10 behind Taylor Begley of Boyle Co....old record...and 28 PAT's needed to tie the record set in 2002 by Trinity's Karl Heinz Williams with 201. Also Merrick has the range to extend the FG distance record set by Aaron Petrey of 58 yds. Merrick had the fourth longest kick, 56 yds. last year against Rockcastle Co. Middlesboro paper said that his attempt on a near national mark Friday night of 67 yds. was online but just short. Those I talked to who were at game said it would have easily cleared from 60! Hopefully we will see these two records fall soon on Log Mountain....since Bell will be there for every game down the stretch until the State Final....and then on to Louisville if they keep winning.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monte Merrick kicked his 173rd PAT of his career Friday night. This puts him in sixth place...only 10 behind Taylor Begley of Boyle Co....old record...and 28 PAT's needed to tie the record set in 2002 by Trinity's Karl Heinz Williams with 201. Also Merrick has the range to extend the FG distance record set by Aaron Petrey of 58 yds. Merrick had the fourth longest kick, 56 yds. last year against Rockcastle Co. Middlesboro paper said that his attempt on a near national mark Friday night of 67 yds. was online but just short. Those I talked to who were at game said it would have easily cleared from 60! Hopefully we will see these two records fall soon on Log Mountain....since Bell will be there for every game down the stretch until the State Final....and then on to Louisville if they keep winning.

 

:walk:

Where will he being playing on Saturdays???

  • Author
Where will he being playing on Saturdays???

 

Most of us would like to seem him stay in "blue and white!!", but I think he has been to Louisville, Lexington, and Knoxville...to name a few....don't think he has any solid offers yet. Kickers are the last to get the "leftovers" but coaches sure have to pay for that kind of attitude on game days!

Monte Merrick kicked his 173rd PAT of his career Friday night. This puts him in sixth place...only 10 behind Taylor Begley of Boyle Co....old record...and 28 PAT's needed to tie the record set in 2002 by Trinity's Karl Heinz Williams with 201. Also Merrick has the range to extend the FG distance record set by Aaron Petrey of 58 yds. Merrick had the fourth longest kick, 56 yds. last year against Rockcastle Co. Middlesboro paper said that his attempt on a near national mark Friday night of 67 yds. was online but just short. Those I talked to who were at game said it would have easily cleared from 60! Hopefully we will see these two records fall soon on Log Mountain....since Bell will be there for every game down the stretch until the State Final....and then on to Louisville if they keep winning.

 

Sorry to dissappoint you Tom Landry but IF Bell does keep winning they won't play at home during the regional final they will be on the road to the District 8 winner. They only way that they can play at home is if a lower seed comes out of that side of the bracket.

Where will he being playing on Saturdays???

 

The last I heard, he didn't even have an offer from UK and UK wasn't on his list any longer. I remember reading an article where he had said "that if UK offered, I would commit". It would be horrible to have to watch this young man from the mountains be kicking on Saturdays for our enemy to the south!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Sorry to dissappoint you Tom Landry but IF Bell does keep winning they won't play at home during the regional final they will be on the road to the District 8 winner. They only way that they can play at home is if a lower seed comes out of that side of the bracket.

 

True.

 

I think the prevailing thought is that either Knox or Rockcastle (whomever finishes 2nd in D7) will win that side of the bracket against Boyd, Greenup, etc.

 

Like you said, if that happens, round 3 will be on Log Mtn.

The last i heard, he didn't even have an offer from UK and UK wasn't on his list any longer. I remember reading an article where he had said "that if UK offered, i would commit". It would be horrible to have to watch this young man from the mountains be kicking on Saturdays for our enemy to the south!!!!!!!!!!

 

I think UK has had second thoughts and are now back recruiting him according to Cats Pause.

 

But yes I agree seeing a Ky kid in Orange and white would be hard on the eyes.

I think UK has had second thoughts and are now back recruiting him according to Cats Pause.

 

But yes I agree seeing a Ky kid in Orange and white would be hard on the eyes.

 

:thumb:

I wonder if UK and Bell Co could work out a trade? Lones Seiber for Merrick, right now. Seiber could use another year of high school eligibility and Merrick could get a jump start on his college training. :D

I wonder if UK and Bell Co could work out a trade? Lones Seiber for Merrick, right now. Seiber could use another year of high school eligibility and Merrick could get a jump start on his college training. :D

 

:laugh:I think UK would get the better end of the deal.

:thumb:

:laugh:I think UK would get the better end of the deal.

I agree UK will be sorry if they pass MM up.

:thumb:

I agree UK will be sorry if they pass MM up.

They passed the person who holds the record he is chasing up. Didn't make since then either. Now, he's kicking for Ohio State.

They passed the person who holds the record he is chasing up. Didn't make since then either. Now, he's kicking for Ohio State.

 

You beat me to it, Ram…that is precisely what I was getting ready to post.

They passed the person who holds the record he is chasing up. Didn't make since then either. Now, he's kicking for Ohio State.

 

Well anyone else would probably learn from their mistake. Maybe UK will wake up before it is to late.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.