Lloyd/Holy Cross Predictions

District Battle, So Who You Picking  

55 members have voted

1. 1. District Battle, So Who You Picking

I agree lets get back on the topic, but I still don't see how you can say that when I laid out the facts with them playing three subpar at best 1a teams but I guess we'll agree to disagree.

3 subpar 1a teams? who would that be? Lloyd has only played three 1a teams and the only one who is subpar would be Dayton. I know you are not talking about Beechwood the defending 1a state champions being subpar. Also I Know you can not be talking about LCA the defending state 1a runner-up being subpar. LCA averages 50+ points a game. (subpar?) So I don't know of 2 more 1a subpar teams that Lloyd has played.:lol:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 subpar 1a teams? who would that be? Lloyd has only played three 1a teams and the only one who is subpar would be Dayton. Because I know you are not talking about Beechwood defending 1a state champions. Also i Know you can not be talking about LCA the defending state 1a runner-up. LCA averages 50+ points a game. (subpar?) You might want to rethink the whole subpar comment cause it was completely wrong.:lol:

LCA averaging 50 points a game isn't as impressive as it sounds:

Week one they beat 2-4 Campbellsville 56-36.

Week two they beat 3-2 C.A.L 50-26

Week three they beat 1-5 Paris 67-20

Week four they beat 2-3 Lloyd 36-29

Week five they lost to 5-0 Raceland 37-35

Week six they lost to 6-0 Corbin 48-34.

LCA might be the defending state runner up but in no way are they as good this year as they were last year and won't even make it past the second round of the playoffs.

I've seen Holy Cross against Holmes, Ryle, and Newcath.

I've seen Lloyd against Beechwood and part of the Newport game.

It's too bad you didn't see the Dayton game. Lloyd played without their starting QB and still won easily. Yes it was Dayton, but not many teams could stay in a game without their QB, let alone dominate a game.

It's too bad you didn't see the Dayton game. Lloyd played without their starting QB and still won easily. Yes it was Dayton, but not many teams could stay in a game without their QB, let alone dominate a game.

Dayton isn't somethin to exactly phone home about. Lloyd is a 2A school and did what they SHOULD do to a struggling 1A school.

Also I spoke with several people at the game as well as saw film from it and Lloyd didn't dominate by any means but rather Dayton made mental mistakes which led to easy turnovers for Lloyd to capitalize on.

Dayton isn't somethin to exactly phone home about. Lloyd is a 2A school and did what they SHOULD do to a struggling 1A school.

Also I spoke with several people at the game as well as saw film from it and Lloyd didn't dominate by any means but rather Dayton made mental mistakes which led to easy turnovers for Lloyd to capitalize on.

I already said it was Dayton, and I know it's nothing spectacular... And how did they not dominate? Dayton had like 30 rushing yards and 100 passing.. Most of that hundred came from a 50 yd TD pass, and that was Dayton's only score.

LCA averaging 50 points a game isn't as impressive as it sounds:

Week one they beat 2-4 Campbellsville 56-36.

Week two they beat 3-2 C.A.L 50-26

Week three they beat 1-5 Paris 67-20

Week four they beat 2-3 Lloyd 36-29

Week five they lost to 5-0 Raceland 37-35

Week six they lost to 6-0 Corbin 48-34.

LCA might be the defending state runner up but in no way are they as good this year as they were last year and won't even make it past the second round of the playoffs.

Not to argue, but I have to disagree. LCA is virtually the same team as they were last year. I use the Raceland game as a measuring stick, both teams have virtually, the same team that they had last season. Last year LCA beat Raceland in the playoffs by two points, this year Raceland beat LCA by two points.

I, honestly, would be surprised if LCA does not make it to, at least the third round of the playoffs. Maybe all the way to the State Championship game again. I know they played some weaker teams in the early part of the season, but that does not diminish the fact, they are one of the top four teams in the state in 1A.

3 subpar 1a teams? who would that be? Lloyd has only played three 1a teams and the only one who is subpar would be Dayton. I know you are not talking about Beechwood the defending 1a state champions being subpar. Also I Know you can not be talking about LCA the defending state 1a runner-up being subpar. LCA averages 50+ points a game. (subpar?) So I don't know of 2 more 1a subpar teams that Lloyd has played.:lol:

Ok first off I guess you know nothing about Ryle and South Laurel. South Laurel's quarterback is going for the state passing record for touchdowns and a top 5a team, and Ryle has two losses to NCC and Highlands and are a 6a school. Also if you would look at your FULL schedule you would see that you play Ludlow and Bellevue later in the year which are two subpar 1a teams along with Dayton. The only game on Holy Cross's schedule that is "easy" would be Cooper. After that they only play 4a teams and up along with Beechwood.

:flame:

Edited by beleiveinblue54
Rule 13

Ok first off I guess you know nothing about Ryle and South Laurel. South Laurel's quarterback is going for the state passing record for touchdowns and a top 5a team, and Ryle has two losses to NCC and Highlands and are a 6a school. Also if you would look at your FULL schedule you would see that you play Ludlow and Bellevue later in the year which are two subpar 1a teams along with Dayton. The only game on Holy Cross's schedule that is "easy" would be Cooper. After that they only play 4a teams and up along with Beechwood.

:flame:

:flame::sssh::thumb::banana: These are all the feeling I have to go with Believeinblue's burn.

One word for you. DAYTON!

Lloyd should be able to defeat Dayton EASILY with their third string quarterback, they are a subpar 1A school.

It doesnt really matter who these two teams have played. What matters is friday night and who wins this HUGE game.

TRUE TRUE TRUE. But I can't go with out saying that if your arguement says you looked good aganist the local JV team(Dayton) then sure you played great. HC beat Cooper by 55 and Cooper has a win this year...that means absolutely nothing. I also will not believe it until I see it about the Llyod QB being out. I am siked for this game the Juggs are going to need their A game, as will HC to pull off pretty much each teams biggest regular season game. AM I starting to feel a nice little rivalry forming between these teams? :thumb: