Lloyd/Holy Cross Predictions

District Battle, So Who You Picking  

55 members have voted

1. 1. District Battle, So Who You Picking

O'brien looks good in the back field. I would like to see Lloyd run the ball alot more and not throw on first down so much. We have been 3 and out too much this year because of that. HC runs the ball a bunch and do not like to throw it Lloyd may have to go to 5-3 defense for more run support. :thumb:

I agree that Lloyd needs to run the ball more.I as well like the idea of the 5-3 D.Go Juggs!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for the Juggs to even up their record friday night. As I've said before, Lloyd's first 3 games helped set the tone for district play and a playoff run. They are toughened and ready to play. Good luck to the coaches and players. I hope all the injuries heal fast!!!! By the way, how bad is the injury to the QB?

Holy Cross's schedule is tougher than Lloyd's. Trust me the Holy Cross players will be ready for this game. They're tired of losing close games to much bigger schools and will be more than ready to step on the field on Friday night.

I agree that Lloyd needs to run the ball more.I as well like the idea of the 5-3 D.Go Juggs!

Yea, you have teams out there that rely on the run no matter what and HC does it well. Stop the run and force them to beat you in the air.

Holy Cross's schedule is tougher than Lloyd's. Trust me the Holy Cross players will be ready for this game. They're tired of losing close games to much bigger schools and will be more than ready to step on the field on Friday night.

I'm sure they are ready to play and looking for a win but I don't think their schedule has been any tougher than Lloyds. They have both had a tough road so far, that should make this a great game to go see.

What do you consider close? They have not been closer than 2 TD's in any of their loses. That is a pretty big margin in high school football. Ryle was able to score 34 with a Soph QB and a Freshman RB. I agree HC should be able to beat Lloyd, but don't think this is going to be a walk in the park like last year. Lloyd was dealing with some pretty serious coaching issues last year. I think they will suprise you.

What do you consider close? They have not been closer than 2 TD's in any of their loses. That is a pretty big margin in high school football. Ryle was able to score 34 with a Soph QB and a Freshman RB. I agree HC should be able to beat Lloyd, but don't think this is going to be a walk in the park like last year. Lloyd was dealing with some pretty serious coaching issues last year. I think they will suprise you.

It is not like this freshman running back is just another freshman. He could play just about anywhere in NKY.

Yes it is true, HC has lost by 14 in most of their loses. But for the exception of Holmes it has been anyones game in the third quarter. Look for HC doing a little more conditioning this week. If I were HC I would even change the years slogan to finish because it has seemed to be a little tough for them so far being 1-4. This record shows anything can help.

LLoyd's schedule is no where near what HC has faced. But as mentioned before the record is still ugly. HC has prepared and are a hard nosed team they are more than ready for the Juggs.

If HC has to run they will run, if we have to pass we will pass. One way another the leaders of this team realize the importance of the game and HC is going to come into Lloyd's staduium ready to lay the wood. Neither record indicates the talent either team has. Hc knows how good Lloyd can be on Offense, and is weary of there D. But HC is ready to have a huge day after two disappointing losses to NewCath and Ryle. This is going to be a great game to be at.

Wait hold the phones... Stop the press... HC schedule is harder haha You can't be serios! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wait hold the phones... Stop the press... HC schedule is harder haha You can't be serios! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

What are you talking about?? You obviously haven't looked at Holy Crosses schedule if you think Lloyd's is so much better. Lloyd has had a tougher schedule this year than in the past, but Holy Cross has still had a tougher one this year just compare the two.

I don't see why he couldn't be serious. I don't know if I'd say either schools' schedule is undoubtedly tougher than the others, but you can't say it's a joke to go with either one.

In fact, after looking at them, I think I'd have to go with HC's schedule as the tougher one.

Holy Cross Schedule

8/29/2008 6:00 PM @ South Laurel L 49-35

9/6/2008 1:30 PM Holmes L 33-7

9/13/2008 7:00 PM Cooper W 55-0

9/27/2008 1:30 PM Newport Catholic L 23-7

10/3/2008 7:30 PM @ Ryle L 34-21

Lloyd's Schedule

8/29/2008 9:00 PM @ Central Hardin L 24-0

9/5/2008 7:00 PM Beechwood L 34-12

9/19/2008 7:30 PM @ Lexington Christian L 36-29

9/26/2008 7:00 PM @ Newport W 27-13

10/3/2008 7:00 PM @ Dayton W 27-6