Bellevue v. Dayton (Battle for the Paddle II) predictions

Who will win?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did switch the playoff format to that of several years ago. This district will play another the first two rounds of the playoffs.

Wow didn't know that. I'm glad they did that, it was always fun to watch at least three teams from the district win and then play each other in the second round rather than the first round.

One understated fact in this argument is the Thursday night games for both Bellevue and Dayton. I know that most of the key players don't participate in these, but your back-ups do, which can sometimes decide games.. Who does Bellevue's JV have on Thur? Dayton has Walton at home, which should be a good game. Any thoughts?

Edited by bugatti

One understated fact in this argument is the Thursday night games for both bellevue and dayton. I know that most of the key players don't participate in these, but your back-ups do, which can sometimes decide games.. Who does Bellevue's JV have on Thur? Dayton has Walton at home, which should be a good game. Any thoughts?

Bellevue has about 50 players this year and very few if any players that would even have a chance to participate in a close game on a Friday night will get to play in Thursdays Freshman/Sophomore game. I understand what you are saying. Bellevue just so happens to have good numbers this year but this hasn't always been the case. How many players does Dayton have. Fr? Soph? Jr? Sr?

The schedule down at Gilligan field had Bellevue playing Ludlow Thursday night, but papa22320 is right, Bellevue has some great numbers this year and if you have been to a game you can see that by how many kids are dressed. However, I am not sure that many of the JV'ers play on Friday nights, unless it is a blowout win!

approximately 59 hrs to kickoff..........

From what I saw during the summer while watching under 471 and from what I have seen thus far this season, Bellevue is one the best conditioned teams in NKy. I have known Coach Eckstein for at least 15 yrs and the trade mark of all of his teams have been their conditioning.

If this game is close and conditioning becomes a factor Bellevue will definitely win.

From what I saw during the summer while watching under 471 and from what I have seen thus far this season, Bellevue is one the best conditioned teams in NKy. I have known Coach Eckstein for at least 15 yrs and the trade mark of all of his teams have been their conditioning.

If this game is close and conditioning becomes a factor Bellevue will definitely win.

Easily! :thumb:

Can't wait to hear this.

Cheer, cheer for Bellevue High,

Wake up the echoes cheering her name,

Send a volley cheer on high,

Shake down the thunder from the sky!

What though the odds be great or small,

Old Bellevue High will win over all,

While her loyal sons are marching

Onward to victory!

:ylsuper:

Can't wait to hear this.

Cheer, cheer for Bellevue High,

Wake up the echoes cheering her name,

Send a volley cheer on high,

Shake down the thunder from the sky!

What though the odds be great or small,

Old Bellevue High will win over all,

While her loyal sons are marching

Onward to victory!

:ylsuper:

I second that

How can one say that Bellevue has so much better conditioning than Dayton? They both play ironman football, and both coaches know this going into the season and both coaches condition for this amount of playing time each player has. Im sure Bellevue is in great condition, but believe me Dayton will run right along with them. This game will not come down to condition nor heart, it will come down to the team who gets the good breaks during the game.

How can one say that Bellevue has so much better conditioning than Dayton? They both play ironman football, and both coaches know this going into the season and both coaches condition for this amount of playing time each player has. Im sure Bellevue is in great condition, but believe me Dayton will run right along with them. This game will not come down to condition nor heart, it will come down to the team who gets the good breaks during the game.

How can you say this game doesn't come down to the players heart? Thats basically all that it is. Last year during the playoffs game Bellevue fumbled on the Dayton goal line, which was a big break for Dayton and yet the Tigers had the heart to overcome that and still win the game.

How can you say this game doesn't come down to the players heart? Thats basically all that it is. Last year during the playoffs game Bellevue fumbled on the Dayton goal line, which was a big break for Dayton and yet the Tigers had the heart to overcome that and still win the game.

I'm saying that both teams will have their entire heart into this game. Both teams will lay everything on the line. I'm saying that heart will not effect the outcome of the game because both teams will play with everything they have.:fight:

And then Bellevue got a big break when they threw the long pass at the end of the game to either score or set up the winning score. That is the kind of breaks both teams need.