Rockcastle County 35 Lincoln County 13

I didn't get to listen to the game with the exception of the last 90 seconds plus the post-season.

Rockcastle County was leading 35-0 at one point and Casey Hayes had right around 25 carries for a little over 140 yards and 2TDs. Rockcastle County's first score of the game came on a 46 yard fumble recovery.

Coach Parkey called off the dogs early in the second half and allowed several JV and freshman players playing time. The entire fourth quarter was JV offense and mostly JV defense. One Lincoln score was around the end against the JV and the other was an interception returned for a touchdown against the varsity. Coach showed some class by not padding stats. Congrats to the Rock!

:thumb::thumb::pI agree Congratulations Rock

Coach Parkey called off the dogs early in the second half and allowed several JV and freshman players playing time. The entire fourth quarter was JV offense and mostly JV defense. One Lincoln score was around the end against the JV and the other was an interception returned for a touchdown against the varsity. Coach showed some class by not padding stats. Congrats to the Rock!

Congratulations to the ROCK!!!! See I knew they would get their groove back!!!

Im not sure I would count this as a quality win, Lincoln is not good. I know a win is a win and they took care of business but I would not look to far into this as a big step.

Congrats Rock, I want to apologize to the entire Rock Nation. I made several post over the winter and summer saying that I didn't think Rock would be very good this year. I based that on what I saw last year, which was one of the least impressive Rock teams I can remember seeing. Well when I'm wrong I'll admit it. Rock is back and playing with a lot of pride and aggressiveness, congrats again and good luck the rest of the way.

Congrats Rock, I want to apologize to the entire Rock Nation. I made several post over the winter and summer saying that I didn't think Rock would be very good this year. I based that on what I saw last year, which was one of the least impressive Rock teams I can remember seeing. Well when I'm wrong I'll admit it. Rock is back and playing with a lot of pride and aggressiveness, congrats again and good luck the rest of the way.

No need to apologize for being right.

No need to apologize for being right.

You are not part of Rock so that apology was not meant for you. However Rock may not have beaten Bell but that does not mean they are not a good team. Seems to me that last year Bell lost a few but no one said they were not good. ANY team can be beaten at a given time if the right break happens. I think any team that is playing and doing their best is a good team whether they win or lose.

You are not part of Rock so that apology was not meant for you. However Rock may not have beaten Bell but that does not mean they are not a good team. Seems to me that last year Bell lost a few but no one said they were not good. ANY team can be beaten at a given time if the right break happens. I think any team that is playing and doing their best is a good team whether they win or lose.
Tater Bell just lost 1 last year and it was not to the Rock.:lol:

Lincoln lost a lot of talent, that is the first problem. Secondly, the numbers are way down. They are dressing less than 30 kids a game. The lack of a feeder program has caught up to them, they didn't even play JV last year.

Injuries are preventing the team from at least being a competitive squad. Tre Edwards QB/MLB (regarded by most as the teams best player) did not play. His back-up Austin Hinds, was hurt in the first quarter. The third string QB is a senior who has never took a snap in a varsity game before. Honestly, I don't remember the kid ever playing football before this year. The line was suppose to be the strength of the team, and has been a huge weakness. Mainly due to injury. One of their top lineman has not seen the field all year due to injury.

At the end of the day, injuries and lack of depth are killing the team. The positive thing, is that a lot of young kids are getting a lot of valuable varisty experience.