Where are all of the Mercer Co fans?

Labman

Their record is 3-2 (Loss to #3 6A Madison Central and a Tenn. team) Their Ranking #5 in Class 5A

We have them in a couple of weeks and this is a team that scares me right now. More so than Danville, Henry Clay and Lex Cath. did.

Their record is 3-2 (Loss to #3 6A Madison Central and a Tenn. team) Their Ranking #5 in Class 5A

We have them in a couple of weeks and this is a team that scares me right now. More so than Danville, Henry Clay and Lex Cath. did.

Hey rebel, haven't they beat you the last 2 years? I also think that Mercer has already clinched their 5a district title.

With all due respect, I am not the least bit scared of Mercer. I work in Mercer County and their fans are sitting at home waiting for the BC loss, the season ending playoff loss(they know they won't win state), and the departure of Marty Jaggers. There is a tremendous amount of speculation that he is leaving after this year. I only saw Mercer play in the scrimmage vs. Danville, but trust me on this, they will not beat Boyle County this year. They have absolutely no passing game and anyone who has watched Boyle County play knows you are not going to effectively run the ball against the Rebels. When they decide to throw the ball it will be an incompletion, interception, or a spectacular play. I truly am not disrespecting Mercer, just being honest with all of my input coming from fans of Mercer and from parents of players on the team. They are a very subdued group because they know that they are better than most of their competition which hasn't been that good. The South Laurel game could possibly be a loss as well. I was way more scared of Danville than Mercer because Danville could do what they wanted against Mercer. Mercer has some good young talent and they will be a much better team in the next year or so.

Should Mercer happen to beat Boyle(extremely doubtful) I will eat crow and apologize in person and on this board to every Mercer fan I know and don't know.

I am by no means trying to be disrespectful to Mercer. Like I said, I work in Mercer, my son plays sports in the Mercer Rec. League, and I know many families of kids on the football team and many Mercer supporters. Boyle will win and probably win big.

With all due respect, I am not the least bit scared of Mercer. I work in Mercer County and their fans are sitting at home waiting for the BC loss, the season ending playoff loss(they know they won't win state), and the departure of Marty Jaggers. There is a tremendous amount of speculation that he is leaving after this year. I only saw Mercer play in the scrimmage vs. Danville, but trust me on this, they will not beat Boyle County this year. They have absolutely no passing game and anyone who has watched Boyle County play knows you are not going to effectively run the ball against the Rebels. When they decide to throw the ball it will be an incompletion, interception, or a spectacular play. I truly am not disrespecting Mercer, just being honest with all of my input coming from fans of Mercer and from parents of players on the team. They are a very subdued group because they know that they are better than most of their competition which hasn't been that good. The South Laurel game could possibly be a loss as well. I was way more scared of Danville than Mercer because Danville could do what they wanted against Mercer. Mercer has some good young talent and they will be a much better team in the next year or so.

Should Mercer happen to beat Boyle(extremely doubtful) I will eat crow and apologize in person and on this board to every Mercer fan I know and don't know.

I am by no means trying to be disrespectful to Mercer. Like I said, I work in Mercer, my son plays sports in the Mercer Rec. League, and I know many families of kids on the football team and many Mercer supporters. Boyle will win and probably win big.

Don't know who you know, but I don't know of anyone who is waiting around for a Boyle loss.

You obviously don't know a lot about Mercer. This is not a young team, although they do have some young talent to go with their 27 seniors.

I find it difficult to believe that someone who has only seen a scrimmage, which means nothing, can be so certain that Mercer will get beaten so badly by Boyle.

We shall see. Boyle is a very good team, but we shall see. Mercer will not roll over for them that's for sure.

I expect a very good football game.

However, at the moment we're not concerned about Boyle. We don't play them for 3 weeks. I think we'll focus on Hopkinsville for now.

And, no matter how many times you say it. Making such bold statements about a team that you haven't seen play a real game. Is disrepectful.

I'd have to agree with PurplePride for the most part. Mercer won't be able to run the ball down Boyle's throat and the passing game just isn't there yet. There have been a few nice pass plays this year, but as a rule, Mercer will try to run the ball all night. I just don't see it working. Plus, all the drama and speculation about Jaggers leaving is somewhat of a distraction too.

Mercer does have talent, but I'm afraid Boyle Co. will be too much for the Titans. In fact, it may be a little early, but I'll go on record and say I believe Boyle Co. to win a state title this year.

Good luck to both teams!:thumb:

I'm not seeing much from the Mercer Co. fans. There was a time when they were all over BGP. What is there record this year?

Labman. Most of the folks that were so vocal in the past, no longer have sons playing, so unfortunately, they have kind of disappeared. There are a few of us that are still here and active.

Alot of folks choose to just read and keep up with whats going on around the state. For a long time it became virtually impossible to have a Mercer thread without a whole bunch of 2A or 5A attacks.

Mercer has a good (but not great) team this year. They have a championship caliber defense, but a very average offense. They have already clinched the district. I like their chances to win the region.

If they get that far, they would host (most likely) Highlands or Johnson Central. Anything can happen in a home game, but IMO Mercer will have to improve quite a bit on offense to beat either of those teams. But who knows, sometimes senior dominated teams dig deep and make things happen. I haven't given up on them.

I'd have to agree with PurplePride for the most part. Mercer won't be able to run the ball down Boyle's throat and the passing game just isn't there yet. There have been a few nice pass plays this year, but as a rule, Mercer will try to run the ball all night. I just don't see it working. Plus, all the drama and speculation about Jaggers leaving is somewhat of a distraction too.

Mercer does have talent, but I'm afraid Boyle Co. will be too much for the Titans. In fact, it may be a little early, but I'll go on record and say I believe Boyle Co. to win a state title this year.

Good luck to both teams!:thumb:

So where is Coach Jaggers supposedly going?

Don't know who you know, but I don't know of anyone who is waiting around for a Boyle loss.

You obviously don't know a lot about Mercer. This is not a young team, although they do have some young talent to go with their 27 seniors.

I find it difficult to believe that someone who has only seen a scrimmage, which means nothing, can be so certain that Mercer will get beaten so badly by Boyle.

We shall see. Boyle is a very good team, but we shall see. Mercer will not roll over for them that's for sure.

I expect a very good football game.

However, at the moment we're not concerned about Boyle. We don't play them for 3 weeks. I think we'll focus on Hopkinsville for now.

And, no matter how many times you say it. Making such bold statements about a team that you haven't seen play a real game. Is disrepectful.

I know Mercer has a lot of seniors, I never said they were a young team, but their young talent is very impressive. Their freshman are just going to get bigger and bigger and I really like Andrew Cornish as he gets older as well. I am hopeful he continues to mature because his athleticism is off the charts.

If you want to take bold statements as disrespectful, then so be it, I continue to stress I like all the people I know who support the Mercer program and those are the people I form my opinion from, people who have seen Boyle and Mercer play. I am not meaning to be disrespectful, just honest. I know Mercer didn't run the wishbone in the scrimmage also because Jaggers and Harp agreed to not run the wishbone before the game. Danville also still started the scrimmage off with an 82 yard run, which is 82 yards more than they could gain against Boyle on the ground. I also know that out of all the people I know who support Mercer they are still torn on who should be the quarterback as well. I am just being realistic, not disrespectful, and no, I don't expect a good game, even though I have not seen a "real Mercer game" yet.

Good luck vs. Hoptown.

See you Oct. 17.

So where is Coach Jaggers supposedly going?

He has told various people on many different occassions he is retiring after this year. I've heard he's going to Lindsey Wilson to get a program started there. Then I've heard he is going to Tennessee (high school somewhere) to coach. He has made it no secret he is leaving, so it has just sparked alot of conversation around town.

Who knows?... very unpredictable!!

I can't wait for the Boyle County/Mercer County match-up. I am looking forward to this game more than any game on the schedule! I know Boyle County still has West Jessamine to worry about before the Mercer game but I am really excited for October 17th! I agree with alot of what PurplePride said and I will go on to say this, Mercer is going to have to find some other ways to score(such as special teams or defense) because running the ball will be very difficult against Boyle. We already established that Mercer County struggles passing the ball so like I said, other ways to score and great defense is the only way to beat Boyle County.