Is this the beginning of the end in Dallas?

5wide

TO Part III

Terrell Owens had two rushing attempts, seven receptions, and 17 passes thrown his way...and he complained about not getting the ball.

We've seen this song and dance before and we know how it ends. TO is always happy and always loves his QB early on...then he gets bored...then the team is left to pick up the pieces after he tears everything down.

Is this something that should scare Dallas fans or is this just a player talking out of frustration after a loss? In addition, if it starts to go bad, could it be even worse in Dallas with some of the questionable characters on their roster, namely Adam Jones and Tank Johnson? How do the Cowboys handle this? How should they handle it?

Assuming they stand pat and ignore it...what do they do if TO continues down this path, knowing the history of these situations with him?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas will get 12 or 13 wins just based on their talent alone.

Now winning in the playoffs, well we shall see how it plays out. This is what makes the NFL so great, one week and things can go from one extreme to the other. We all expected Owens to implode once they lost a game. Dallas will be fine, for now.

If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd be getting a little nervous right now.

It's not all about winning with TO...the Eagles were one of the best teams in the league when he went nuts and brought them down. He's been a model citizen for 2 years...that's a long time for Owens. This has the potential to get ugly...and the potential for TO to de-rail his second Super Bowl contender in four seasons.

Despite his rhetoric, winning is obviously not the top priority for Terrell Owens, so I don't think it's as simple as saying, "As long as Dallas wins, everything will be fine."

If Dallas were to implode and miss the playoffs, no one would be happier than me. But they will keep winning, take a look at the Cowboys schedule.

Their next four games they have Cincinnati at home, at Arizona, at Rams, Tampa at home.

They could win those 4 games without T.O. So that puts the Cowboys at 6-1 and everyone will start saying that they are on a roll and have "bounced back" from that Redskins loss.

Their next two games after that are on the road, at Giants and at Redskins. I doubt they would win them both, so let's say they go 1-1 in those two.

That now puts Dallas at 7-2

After that the Cowboys have San Francisco and Seattle at home. They win both of those and they now sit 9-2.

They close out the season at Pittsburgh, home against the Giants, home against the Ravens, at Philadelphia.

So let's say they go 2-2 in that stretch, they finish the season 11-4.

So 11 wins give or take, they likely win the division or get 1 of the 2 Wild Cards and then we go to the playoffs. Maybe it would be a good thing that this team wouldn't have home field.

Either way, I "hope" they implode and the season collapses, but it probably won't.

If Dallas were to implode and miss the playoffs, no one would be happier than me. But they will keep winning, take a look at the Cowboys schedule.

Their next four games they have Cincinnati at home, at Arizona, at Rams, Tampa at home.

They could win those 4 games without T.O. So that puts the Cowboys at 6-1 and everyone will start saying that they are on a roll and have "bounced back" from that Redskins loss.

Their next two games after that are on the road, at Giants and at Redskins. I doubt they would win them both, so let's say they go 1-1 in those two.

After that the Cowboys have San Francisco and Seattle at home. They win both of those and they now sit 9-2.

They close out the season at Pittsburgh, home against the Giants, home against the Ravens, at Philadelphia.

So 11 wins give or take, they likely win the division or get 1 of the 2 Wild Cards and then we go to the playoffs. Maybe it would be a good thing that this team wouldn't have home field.

Either way, I "hope" they implode and the season collapses, but it probably won't.

The thing is, as good as the NFC East is, they Cowboys wouldn't have to drop to a .500 team. If TO starts stirring the pot, getting this team out of whack and they slip in a game or two they shouldn't and then lose some of the tougher games, especially against divisional opponents, they could be fighting for a playoff berth simply because the division is so strong.

Cincinnati and St. Louis are gimmes and San Fran is close to a gimme, but there isn't a team left on their schedule other than those three that aren't capable of beating Dallas if they aren't focused and ready to play.

The could easily lose the rest of their divisional games...the Giants twice and Washington and Philly on the road. The Eagles were a fumble away from beating them in Dallas, then the Cowboys would be in last place with 3 divisional road games and a home game vs. the Giants left.

Dallas gets all the hype because they're explosive and flashy offensively and they have more talent than any team in the league on paper. However, they're not as good as the hype right now. Combine that with how tough the division is, the fact that the Redskins beat them at home and are playing better than expected, and this team isn't a lock to make the post-season, IMO. There's going to be a darn good football team sitting at home when the playoffs start. There's no guarantee it won't be Dallas. The other NFC East teams play schedules nearly identical to the Cowboys. Nothing is certain in that division. Any of the 4 could win it and any of the 4 could be left out.

After Philly this Sunday, the Skins have the Rams, Browns and Lions on tap. If they win this week, they're staring at a 7-1 start with wins @ Dallas and Philly and all their remaining division games in DC. I expect that division to ultimately be decided by the divisional showdowns in the second half of the season.

I cannot help but like TO. He absolutley cracks me up sometimes. With that said, he is an incredibly insecure person that is filled with drama.

The TO effect goes all through a locker room. You almost have to walk on egg shells with the guy because you have no idea what is going to happen. Romo, Phillips, Garret, are all weak personality types that have let TO does as he pleases... and the results have been good. But the constant attention he draws and hesitancy to disrupt his universe is always a concern for whatever team he is on. His presence dominates a locker room and over time it cannot be healthy for a team.

When did they shorten the season to 15 games?

I cannot help but like TO. He absolutley cracks me up sometimes. With that said, he is an incredibly insecure person that is filled with drama.

The TO effect goes all through a locker room. You almost have to walk on egg shells with the guy because you have no idea what is going to happen. Romo, Phillips, Garret, are all weak personality types that have let TO does as he pleases... and the results have been good. But the constant attention he draws and hesitancy to disrupt his universe is always a concern for whatever team he is on. His presence dominates a locker room and over time it cannot be healthy for a team.

I said it a few years ago when he was in Philly, and I'll say it now: Why in the heck doesn't one of the big linemen take the bull by the horns and smack him into line?

Jesus Christ, if I was one of those big dudes, watching the early parts of a downward spiral, I'd approach Mr. Jones and say, "Hey Jerry, if you want, we can take care of this internally." I have no doubt whatsoever that Jerry Jones, with his championship lust, would say, "Do what it takes; I've got your back."

I guarantee you if he played for Pittsburgh, TO would never utter a peep.