Redskins 26 Cowboys 24

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Dallas abandon a very successful running game? Was it to keep TO happy??

I don't think so. I just think this is something that happens with explosive offenses like Dallas. Sometimes the OC gets caught up in the game, or situations dictate that the team passes more, things end up out of whack and when the games over everyone is left wondering why Marion Barber had less than 10 carries.

This seems to happen every now and then with teams with strong passing games. It usually turns out to be a good thing because they rededicate themselves to running the ball and the offense performs better as a result.

The interesting thing to me is that this happened after all the talk this week had been about getting Felix Jones more touches, and specifically more carries in the running game...the result was the exact opposite. Felix Jones didn't have a single touch and Barber had 8 carries and 2 receptions.

They'll get back to the ground game next week. I guarantee that.

I don't think so. I just think this is something that happens with explosive offenses like Dallas. Sometimes the OC gets caught up in the game, or situations dictate that the team passes more, things end up out of whack and when the games over everyone is left wondering why Marion Barber had less than 10 carries.

This seems to happen every now and then with teams with strong passing games. It usually turns out to be a good thing because they rededicate themselves to running the ball and the offense performs better as a result.

The interesting thing to me is that this happened after all the talk this week had been about getting Felix Jones more touches, and specifically more carries in the running game...the result was the exact opposite. Felix Jones didn't have a single touch and Barber had 8 carries and 2 receptions.

They'll get back to the ground game next week. I guarantee that.

Next week is gonna be ugly

Next week is gonna be ugly

Yeah, nothing like a game against the Bengals to right the ship. Felix Jones would be a good fantasy play next week...he'll probably get 20 carries in the second half alone.

A lot of it depends on Carson Palmer. If he plays, the Bengals at least have a chance to mount some offense and stay in a game. Without him, Dallas might beat them by 30.

Yeah, nothing like a game against the Bengals to right the ship. Felix Jones would be a good fantasy play next week...he'll probably get 20 carries in the second half alone.

A lot of it depends on Carson Palmer. If he plays, the Bengals at least have a chance to mount some offense and stay in a game. Without him, Dallas might beat them by 30.

If I were CP, I'd sit this one out. It's going to be chaos in the Bengals offensive backfield.

I don't think anyone thought the Cowboys were going to go undefeated, I know I didn't, too tough of a division. They played very lackluster and the Redskins played very good, they had a great game plan and executed well, big difference from how they performed in week 1. I know the Giants won't go undefeated either and I'm sure they'll lose a game or two to division rivals. I still expect the Cowboys to win the division. No doubt about it, the NFC East is by far the best in the NFL, should be a fun year.