Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Redskins 26 Cowboys 24

Featured Replies

Why would Dallas abandon a very successful running game? Was it to keep TO happy??

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would Dallas abandon a very successful running game? Was it to keep TO happy??
Sadly there is probably a lot of truth to your statement.

Tough loss for the Cowboys at home, turnovers were the difference in the game.

Why would Dallas abandon a very successful running game? Was it to keep TO happy??

 

I don't think so. I just think this is something that happens with explosive offenses like Dallas. Sometimes the OC gets caught up in the game, or situations dictate that the team passes more, things end up out of whack and when the games over everyone is left wondering why Marion Barber had less than 10 carries.

 

This seems to happen every now and then with teams with strong passing games. It usually turns out to be a good thing because they rededicate themselves to running the ball and the offense performs better as a result.

 

The interesting thing to me is that this happened after all the talk this week had been about getting Felix Jones more touches, and specifically more carries in the running game...the result was the exact opposite. Felix Jones didn't have a single touch and Barber had 8 carries and 2 receptions.

 

They'll get back to the ground game next week. I guarantee that.

I don't think so. I just think this is something that happens with explosive offenses like Dallas. Sometimes the OC gets caught up in the game, or situations dictate that the team passes more, things end up out of whack and when the games over everyone is left wondering why Marion Barber had less than 10 carries.

 

This seems to happen every now and then with teams with strong passing games. It usually turns out to be a good thing because they rededicate themselves to running the ball and the offense performs better as a result.

 

The interesting thing to me is that this happened after all the talk this week had been about getting Felix Jones more touches, and specifically more carries in the running game...the result was the exact opposite. Felix Jones didn't have a single touch and Barber had 8 carries and 2 receptions.

 

They'll get back to the ground game next week. I guarantee that.

 

 

Next week is gonna be ugly

Next week is gonna be ugly

 

Yeah, nothing like a game against the Bengals to right the ship. Felix Jones would be a good fantasy play next week...he'll probably get 20 carries in the second half alone.

 

A lot of it depends on Carson Palmer. If he plays, the Bengals at least have a chance to mount some offense and stay in a game. Without him, Dallas might beat them by 30.

:dancingpa

:dancingpa"Hail to the Redskins":dancingpa

 

:dancingpa

Yeah, nothing like a game against the Bengals to right the ship. Felix Jones would be a good fantasy play next week...he'll probably get 20 carries in the second half alone.

 

A lot of it depends on Carson Palmer. If he plays, the Bengals at least have a chance to mount some offense and stay in a game. Without him, Dallas might beat them by 30.

 

If I were CP, I'd sit this one out. It's going to be chaos in the Bengals offensive backfield.

If I were CP, I'd sit this one out. It's going to be chaos in the Bengals offensive backfield.

 

Might be a blessing in disguise if he has to miss some time...:lol:

If I were CP, I'd sit this one out. It's going to be chaos in the Bengals offensive backfield.

He would have to sit the whole season then,it's always that way.:lol:

I don't understand what T.O. is basing his comments on, Romo threw him the ball... HE dropped a lot of passes.

:thumb:

Really? :lol:

 

The NFL is all about the cliche.

Most people do...don't worry. Theres nothing wrong with you...there's something wrong with the Cowboys :lol:.

 

I just had a Chapelle show flashback, you know the one about Will and Grace. Did you have that in mind?

  • Author
I just had a Chapelle show flashback, you know the one about Will and Grace. Did you have that in mind?

 

:lol: I couldn't remember where I had heard that...but now I do...thanks! :thumb:

I don't think anyone thought the Cowboys were going to go undefeated, I know I didn't, too tough of a division. They played very lackluster and the Redskins played very good, they had a great game plan and executed well, big difference from how they performed in week 1. I know the Giants won't go undefeated either and I'm sure they'll lose a game or two to division rivals. I still expect the Cowboys to win the division. No doubt about it, the NFC East is by far the best in the NFL, should be a fun year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.