Perry Central vs Whitley Co

taz74

Whitley is a much tougher team than Perry Co, and should be able to run the ball all over them.

Whitley-38

Perry-12

I don't believe anyone thought Perry would have beat Letcher or it would take Hazard a last second hail marry to beat us either. Hazard may be a small school, but they did return most there starters from a one loss team last year. Like I said, I'm not making a prediction since I've not seen Whitley play but I don't believe this is going to be a blowout either way.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe anyone thought Perry would have beat Letcher or it would take Hazard a last second hail marry to beat us either. Hazard may be a small school, but they did return most there starters from a one loss team last year. Like I said, I'm not making a prediction since I've not seen Whitley play but I don't believe this is going to be a blowout either way.

I do not mean any disrespect to Hazard. Hazard is a fine single a team. I am just believe in the running game of Whitley, and it also helps their defense out a bunch. I just really expect a big game from Whitley.

I do not mean any disrespect to Hazard. Hazard is a fine single a team. I am just believe in the running game of Whitley, and it also helps their defense out a bunch. I just really expect a big game from Whitley.

It's good you didn't mean to disrespect Hazard... I'd favor them in a matchup against Whitley Co.. The Colonels wouldn't match up well with them at all.

;)

I have watched Whitley and they have more than a fullback. Perry just got beat by a single a school last week. I will have to go with Whitley County and it probably will not be close. :fire:

I cant understand why people think because schools are in 1A that you are a weaker team. This blows me away when ever i hear that. The division does not say a thing about what kind of players a team has. I can sit back and think about some awful good 1A, 2A an 3A in the past that have beat your bigger schools. So if you now anything about sports, you know that any team can only be as good as their talent allows, along with their coaching staff. Granted, usually 1A, 2A, or 3A don't have as many kids to choose from as your 4A, 5A, or 6A but the smaller schools will usually have more talented athletic kids who play because they are more familiar with the kids and go after them. Whereas your bigger schools have a harder time pinpointing them out unless they have at least given the middle or high school level a chance and played where the coaches can go after them to play and not drop out as well.

Without being familiar with these two teams and knowing the talent that both consist of, you cannot judge based on the resulting score. I think both will have winning seasons and I hope they both go far in the playoffs.

I cant understand why people think because schools are in 1A that you are a weaker team. This blows me away when ever i hear that. The division does not say a thing about what kind of players a team has. I can sit back and think about some awful good 1A, 2A an 3A in the past that have beat your bigger schools. So if you now anything about sports, you know that any team can only be as good as their talent allows, along with their coaching staff. Granted, usually 1A, 2A, or 3A don't have as many kids to choose from as your 4A, 5A, or 6A but the smaller schools will usually have more talented athletic kids who play because they are more familiar with the kids and go after them. Whereas your bigger schools have a harder time pinpointing them out unless they have at least given the middle or high school level a chance and played where the coaches can go after them to play and not drop out as well.

Without being familiar with these two teams and knowing the talent that both consist of, you cannot judge based on the resulting score. I think both will have winning seasons and I hope they both go far in the playoffs.

Ok, I agree with most of that. But, a good 5A team should have more talent than a good 1A team. Talent and Coaching wins games. More kids to choose from equals more talent or at least it should).

Thats what I have been trying to tell people on here!:thumb:

Ok, I agree with most of that. But, a good 5A team should have more talent than a good 1A team. Talent and Coaching wins games. More kids to choose from equals more talent or at least it should).

McCreary is a 4A school and should have 80-100 players but the interests of the kids here are things like hunting, fishing, riding ATV's or even working as a volunteer fireman. It's crazy I know but that is the culture they grew up in. It has slowly changed and when there is enough players who has grown up, had kids of their own, and stay in this community then we will have those kinds of numbers. Look at the mountain schools and their player and tell me how many of their dads played football at the school they are playing at. I would say you will find that the percentage is very high. Out of 48 players on the Mccreary roster i would say there are maybe 10 kids that has dad's who played football in high school. History and tradition makes a huge difference in the numbers at the mountain or rural schools. McCreary will get there someday, I'm just not sure when or how long it will take. I just hope it is in my life time!:ylsuper:

I would still take 1A Beechwood to win over any of the good 5A teams in this area.

Less kids but better athletes across what is there.

I would still take 1A Beechwood to win over any of the good 5A teams in this area.

Less kids but better athletes across what is there.

Beechwood is a different animal. It's a magnet football school. The kids from the larger schools, except a couple, migrate to Bwood for the chance to win a state title.

I would say over the last 30 years if there was only 1 state champion crowned its unlikely a 1A school would have ever won it.