Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where does Plaxico Burress currently rank among NFL wide receivers?

Where would you currently rank Plaxico Burress? 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Where would you currently rank Plaxico Burress?

    • The Best
      0%
      0
    • Top 5
      7%
    • Top 10
      65%
    • Not in top 10
      26%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Without their running backs the Giants aren't in the playoffs last season, AND DEFINATELY aren't super bowl champs.

 

I'd say it was more the offensive line than it was the running backs. The Giants running backs are great, but you could plug in Ahmad Bradshaw, Jacobs or Ward and they will all succeed.

 

Still yet, most Giants fans consider Plaxico the teams MVP from last year. One Giants fan site creates a yearly trophy to give to players, and Plaxico was the recipient last year.

 

Still can't argue the numbers. I think it makes Plaxico's numbers more impressive if you consider the Giants a run dominated team, and he still puts up numbers with the best WR's in the league.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without their running backs the Giants aren't in the playoffs last season, AND DEFINATELY aren't super bowl champs.

 

Yeah, there are several players that the Giants aren't Super Bowl champs without...

 

David Tyree leaps immediately to my mind...:thumb:

 

Should we elevate him to the top 10? :lol:

My top 10...

 

1. Randy Moss

2. Terrell Owens

3. Brandon Marshall

4. Reggie Wayne

5. Larry Fitzgerald

6. Calvin Johnson

7. Plaxico Burress

8. Braylon Edwards

9. Greg Jennings

10. Andre Johnson

 

Just my opinion, based on a mix of potential, career results and 2008 results...I think Braylon Edwards had the potential to move up a few spots, but his season to date drops him.

 

I pretty much agree with your list. I'd have Plax right around 5-7 overall.

Yeah, there are several players that the Giants aren't Super Bowl champs without...

 

David Tyree leaps immediately to my mind...:thumb:

 

Should we elevate him to the top 10? :lol:

:lol: Without Eli, Tyree, Burress, the Giants D, Coughlin, Spagnuolo...

 

the list goes on. Without any of them they might not win it all.

:lol: Without Eli, Tyree, Burress, the Giants D, Coughlin, Spagnuolo...

 

the list goes on. Without any of them they might not win it all.

 

:thumb:

 

Thats what's great about football...in takes a team.

1) Terrell Owens

2) Larry Fitzgerald

3) Randy Moss

4) Reggie Wayne

5) Brandon Marshall

6) Steve Smith

7) Anquan Boldin

8) Calvin Johnson

9) Andre Johnson

10) Braylon Edwards

11) Chad Johnson

12) Greg Jennings

13) Plaxico Burress

14) TJ Houshmandzadeh

15) Marques Colston/Dwayne Bowe

I pretty much agree with your list. I'd have Plax right around 5-7 overall.

 

I had a hard time choosing between he and Calvin Johnson...I went with Johnson because of his potential and the fact that he seems to be living up to it so far this year, but Plax is definitely a more proven player. In hindsight, I'd probably switch those two and put Burress at #6. My top 5 is pretty much set in stone for now though, unless Braylon Edwards returns to his 2007 form.

I would say somewhere between 5-8. With a better attitude could be top 5. IMO.

I would say somewhere between 5-8. With a better attitude could be top 5. IMO.

 

With a better attitude DEFINATELY Top 5...

 

From a physical standpoint there are 4 receivers in the NFL who are just on a different level, Moss, Owens, Calvin Johnson, and Burress

Any list without Brandon Marshall is out of the discussion IMO. :lol:

My top 10...

 

1. Randy Moss

2. Terrell Owens

3. Brandon Marshall

4. Reggie Wayne

5. Larry Fitzgerald

6. Calvin Johnson

7. Plaxico Burress

8. Braylon Edwards

9. Greg Jennings

10. Andre Johnson

 

Just my opinion, based on a mix of potential, career results and 2008 results...I think Braylon Edwards had the potential to move up a few spots, but his season to date drops him.

 

Just to brag...I have #6,7, and 10 on my fantasy team. :D

I would say somewhere between 5-8. With a better attitude could be top 5. IMO.

 

One of the main reasons Steelers did not make much of an attempt to resign Plax.

Based on shear talent, consistency, and significance to their team, I say outside of the top ten:

 

1. T.O.

2. Steve Smith

3. Randy Moss

4. Braylon Edwards

5. Larry Fitzgerald

6. Anquan Boldin

7. Marques Colston

8. Reggie Wayne

9. TJ Houshmanzadeh

10. Andre Johnson

 

I'd put him in the 14-17 range with guys like Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Roy Williams, Bobby Engram, etc... the Giants are a run dominated team and they have numerous solid receivers, they will function just fine without him.

Really? You would have him that low.... I think he is an impact player and year in and year out he is one of the top recievers, talent wise anyways.

1. Randy Moss ( With Brady)

2. TO

3. Fitzgerald

4. Marshall

5. Tj

6. S. Smith

7. Edwards

8. Reggie Wayne

9. Colston

10. OK..I could see Burress right here.

 

This is pretty close for me. I might move some up or down.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.