CoachBuckett

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

08-25-2008, 10:35 AM #2

CoachBuckett

All American

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Buckett

Gallatin - has to be favored. They return a bunch of kids. They have added some quality coaches to help improve.

Trimble Co. - is always tough under the direction of Coach Poynter. With him now running a wide open open offense they will be more difficult to beat.

Eminence-Will be in position to win the district. They have a ton skill kids. They have the best WR in the district.

Frankfort- Will struggle. They will miss 14 seniors they lost from last season. They have yet to practice with the same 5 offensive linemen. They should make it in at the #4 spot.

Bracken - Not sure they should be better than last year. But still has a ways to go.

Obviously, Coach B, Frankfort is doing better than you thought they would! And Gallatin County not so much! Nice game last night! The defense played great most of the game (gave up some passing yardage late that they probably shouldn't have). It seemed like a lot of the time Gallatin was 2nd, 3rd and 4th and long. Did FHS have one or two safeties?

As for the rest, it seems like Eminence is the only one that may challenge the Panthers. I'm glad we have Eminence at home this year (I think that is Homecoming; hope it's not a distraction).

Frankfort has got to be the best in the District! I saw first hand last night, FHS has a lot of kids dressing and from my past history playing @ Paris High School...FHS has tons of tradition!

Gallatin on the other hand is very young in experience! Only three years in so they should evolve...I hope they rebound from last nights pounding! Trimle is coming to OUR HOUSE this week...should be a good game.

As for the rest...time will tell..

08-25-2008, 10:35 AM #2

CoachBuckett

All American

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Buckett

Gallatin - has to be favored. They return a bunch of kids. They have added some quality coaches to help improve.

Trimble Co. - is always tough under the direction of Coach Poynter. With him now running a wide open open offense they will be more difficult to beat.

Eminence-Will be in position to win the district. They have a ton skill kids. They have the best WR in the district.

Frankfort- Will struggle. They will miss 14 seniors they lost from last season. They have yet to practice with the same 5 offensive linemen. They should make it in at the #4 spot.

Bracken - Not sure they should be better than last year. But still has a ways to go.

Obviously, Coach B, Frankfort is doing better than you thought they would! And Gallatin County not so much! Nice game last night! The defense played great most of the game (gave up some passing yardage late that they probably shouldn't have). It seemed like a lot of the time Gallatin was 2nd, 3rd and 4th and long. Did FHS have one or two safeties?

As for the rest, it seems like Eminence is the only one that may challenge the Panthers. I'm glad we have Eminence at home this year (I think that is Homecoming; hope it's not a distraction).

First, I don't think that anyone in the district will challenge Frankfort.

However, I really don't get the bolded part of your post. Eminence beat Trimble Co by only 2 points last night. Yes, they are 3-0, but if Trimble had played their schedule, they would likely be 2-1 (loss to Eminence) right now. Also, we will see how well Eminence holds up to Henry Co (#1 in 3A this week in the Lit ratings). That is Trimble's other loss, besides Eminence.

Let's not even talk about the 3 TDs that Trimble had called back last night and the lack of holding penalties given out against Eminence, that would have negated 2 of their touchdowns. A different set of officials might have made a difference in the outcome of the game. They won, but they did not win convincingly.

I have not seen Gallatin Co play this year, but they are always tough and well coached. I'll have more of an opinion on them after this week. :D

I haven't seen Bracken Co yet either, and as much as I hope that they have improved and are more competitive, I don't think that they will have a playoff game this year.

First, I don't think that anyone in the district will challenge Frankfort.

However, I really don't get the bolded part of your post. Eminence beat Trimble Co by only 2 points last night. Yes, they are 3-0, but if Trimble had played their schedule, they would likely be 2-1 (loss to Eminence) right now. Also, we will see how well Eminence holds up to Henry Co (#1 in 3A this week in the Lit ratings). That is Trimble's other loss, besides Eminence.

Let's not even talk about the 3 TDs that Trimble had called back last night and the lack of holding penalties given out against Eminence, that would have negated 2 of their touchdowns. A different set of officials might have made a difference in the outcome of the game. They won, but they did not win convincingly.

I have not seen Gallatin Co play this year, but they are always tough and well coached. I'll have more of an opinion on them after this week. :D

I haven't seen Bracken Co yet either, and as much as I hope that they have improved and are more competitive, I don't think that they will have a playoff game this year.

I humbly admit that I wrote too quickly. Trimble is always a well-coached, tough team, and they play Frankfort at home. I hope it doesn't rain like it did two years ago. I think their field does give them an edge. This will be a good game, so , yes Eminence and Trimble could challenge Frankfort.

I humbly admit that I wrote too quickly. Trimble is always a well-coached, tough team, and they play Frankfort at home. I hope it doesn't rain like it did two years ago. I think their field does give them an edge. This will be a good game, so , yes Eminence and Trimble could challenge Frankfort.

I think it would be tough for either Eminence or Trimble Co to challenge Frankfort, regardless of the weather. Additionally, Trimble Co is a passing team this year, so a wet field would hurt them just as badly as Frankfort.

BTW, welcome to the site!

I think it would be tough for either Eminence or Trimble Co to challenge Frankfort, regardless of the weather. Additionally, Trimble Co is a passing team this year, so a wet field would hurt them just as badly as Frankfort.

BTW, welcome to the site!

Thanks; good to be here!

I admit I am very suprised to how Frankfort has played this season. They don't practice how they play. The last 2 weeks they have dressed only 23 players. They have a bunch of kids out do to lack of dedication elsewhere.

Last night they came out ready to play and wanted to get off to a good start in the district. The coaches at Frankfort do a great job of focusing on important games and we all know how important district games are.

To answer SAD FHS defense plays with one safety. But they play multiple coverages. The entire defense is designed to create pressure. It is not taught like most defenses are taught. It goes against traditional teachings. But it works when you are able to put kids on the field that can run.

I personnally beleive after seeing Frankfort and Gallatin play and Trimble and Eminence play that the only 2 teams that should challenge Frankfort this year are Eminence and then Trimble they played each other tooth and nail penalties hurt Trimble eliminating 2 Touchdowns from TC score it will Be

1. Frankfort

2. Eminence

3. Trimble

4. Gallatin

5. Bracken

See you in Nov.

I admit I am very suprised to how Frankfort has played this season. They don't practice how they play. The last 2 weeks they have dressed only 23 players. They have a bunch of kids out do to lack of dedication elsewhere.

Last night they came out ready to play and wanted to get off to a good start in the district. The coaches at Frankfort do a great job of focusing on important games and we all know how important district games are.

To answer SAD FHS defense plays with one safety. But they play multiple coverages. The entire defense is designed to create pressure. It is not taught like most defenses are taught. It goes against traditional teachings. But it works when you are able to put kids on the field that can run.

AND Frankfort has always had kids to put on the field that can run! I have followed them since the mid 60's (through the Ollie Leathers and Raymond Webb days) and they ALWAYS have some kids that are faster than greased lightning, usually on the small size, although E.J. Fields and Quan Weaver have broken the mold (not smashed it, just broken it; they are not tiny kids, like Mico Wells)

There were a couple of times where it looked like the safety didn't know where the ball was; maybe lack of communication?

Also, in your opinion, is Weaver good enough to play high D-1 ball? He seems to have the body, the strenghth and the speed. Seems to have a good attitude as well.

AND Frankfort has always had kids to put on the field that can run! I have followed them since the mid 60's (through the Ollie Leathers and Raymond Webb days) and they ALWAYS have some kids that are faster than greased lightning, usually on the small size, although E.J. Fields and Quan Weaver have broken the mold (not smashed it, just broken it; they are not tiny kids, like Mico Wells)

There were a couple of times where it looked like the safety didn't know where the ball was; maybe lack of communication?

Also, in your opinion, is Weaver good enough to play high D-1 ball? He seems to have the body, the strenghth and the speed. Seems to have a good attitude as well.

Quan has the talent too. He must work harder in the weight room and realize that football is year round if you want to play at a D-1 level.

As for the safety play, I would guess he wasn't reading his keys and got caught up watching the backfield action.

I personnally beleive after seeing Frankfort and Gallatin play and Trimble and Eminence play that the only 2 teams that should challenge Frankfort this year are Eminence and then Trimble they played each other tooth and nail penalties hurt Trimble eliminating 2 Touchdowns from TC score it will Be

1. Frankfort

2. Eminence

3. Trimble

4. Gallatin

5. Bracken

See you in Nov.

Boy did I get this one wrong I guess I had to much faith in TC and Coach P they have not found a leader or their focus and that more than anything can beat a team (sometimes stripes to). Right now it is what

1.Frankfort

2.Gallatin/Eminence

4.Trimble

5.Bracken

Well we are all allowed 1 mistake :lol: Good luck to GC and Eminence next week its heating up:fight:

Boy did I get this one wrong I guess I had to much faith in TC and Coach P they have not found a leader or their focus and that more than anything can beat a team (sometimes stripes to). Right now it is what

1.Frankfort

2.Gallatin/Eminence

4.Trimble

5.Bracken

Well we are all allowed 1 mistake :lol: Good luck to GC and Eminence next week its heating up:fight:

Trimble suffers from some of the same things that all teams do. They graduated 12 seniors last year and have 5 seniors and 6 juniors this year. They also have problems with players not focusing on academics (being ineligible or nearly so), players being immature and getting in trouble at school, and most importantly parents who look at their kids and their ability through "rose colored" glasses, instead of insisting on performance in the classroom and behavior...or making sure their child is at practice.