Class A - District 4

CoachBuckett

Trimble suffers from some of the same things that all teams do. They graduated 12 seniors last year and have 5 seniors and 6 juniors this year. They also have problems with players not focusing on academics (being ineligible or nearly so), players being immature and getting in trouble at school, and most importantly parents who look at their kids and their ability through "rose colored" glasses, instead of insisting on performance in the classroom and behavior...or making sure their child is at practice.

As far as I can tell every teenager I have ever seen is immature and rose colored glasses please, have you ever stepped foot on a football field and strapped on pads if not dont ever accuse me of looking thru rose colored glasses again I see everything perfectly clear..;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell every teenager I have ever seen is immature and rose colored glasses please, have you ever stepped foot on a football field and strapped on pads if not dont ever accuse me of looking thru rose colored glasses again I see everything perfectly clear..;)

I spend quiet a bit of time around teenagers and I can tell you that there are all levels of immaturity.

I didn't realize that I was accusing you personally of wearing rose colored glasses. It all makes sense now, though.

Actually, I have strapped pads on a lot of kids. You don't had to have played football to understand the game and understand that sometimes people only see what they want to see.

Current Standings

Eminence 2-0

Frankfort 1-0

Gallatin 1-1

Bracken 0-1

Trimble 0-2

Important games up coming

09/26/08 Gallatin vs. Eminence - win by either team should lock up a home playoff game in the first round.

An Eminence win means they are a heavy favorite for the number 1 seed.

A Gallatin win with a Frankfort loss would give the Wildcats the number 1 seed.

I spend quiet a bit of time around teenagers and I can tell you that there are all levels of immaturity.

I didn't realize that I was accusing you personally of wearing rose colored glasses. It all makes sense now, though.

Actually, I have strapped pads on a lot of kids. You don't had to have played football to understand the game and understand that sometimes people only see what they want to see.

Let me explain why I had responded the way that I did to this comment, you TBaG have on several occasions responded to post's of mine using that same comment on each occasion, so I have to say that I have gotten sick of hearing it. Although I am a parent I do not have a son on any of the teams that I discuss. The Only son I have played both High School and Collegiate Football and Basketball D1, did you by any chance, I did play and Coach both at all levels of the game have you. So the rose colored glasses thing became insulting to me being a parent that is, and as a Coach. I have found that sometimes the parents see things better than even the Coaches do problem is most Coaches are too egotistical to listen, truely listen, to a parent.And some are so bad they wont even listen to their own peirs.NOT saying that anyone on here should listen to everything that is said by anyone on here.:thumb:

Let me explain why I had responded the way that I did to this comment, you TBaG have on several occasions responded to post's of mine using that same comment on each occasion, so I have to say that I have gotten sick of hearing it. Although I am a parent I do not have a son on any of the teams that I discuss. The Only son I have played both High School and Collegiate Football and Basketball D1, did you by any chance, I did play and Coach both at all levels of the game have you. So the rose colored glasses thing became insulting to me being a parent that is, and as a Coach. I have found that sometimes the parents see things better than even the Coaches do problem is most Coaches are too egotistical to listen, truely listen, to a parent.And some are so bad they wont even listen to their own peirs.NOT saying that anyone on here should listen to everything that is said by anyone on here.:thumb:

Wow... where did your child play D1 athletics at? And as for you 95% of coaches do not spend their time getting fired up over what someone says on the internet. They should know that is one person just putting their input on a situation... Now lets get back to the topic and quit attacking each other.

Probably some coaches are too egotistical. However, Coach Poynter is not one of them. I certainly am not a coach. I did not play college sports. I would, however, be happy to meet and discuss with you about your and your "one" son's experience any time that you want to. I have met many great people on here over the past couple of years from neighboring schools. Some that come to mind are Buttels, Big Country Boy, Teammomaholic, and Lunatic 1. Let me know when I can add you to the list. :thumb:

Wow... where did your child play D1 athletics at? And as for you 95% of coaches do not spend their time getting fired up over what someone says on the internet. They should know that is one person just putting their input on a situation... Now lets get back to the topic and quit attacking each other.

You are absolutely right and let me apologize if I offended anyone I was only defending my own statements.

And now:thumb: back to the topic.

I do still see Frankfort as being the team to beat having seen all of these teams play at least once this year, I would have to give a slite edge to Gallatin and Coach Browning but they will have to be careful of Eminence and their speed this week. Trimble I do believe will be the 4 in the district and the sleeper if they can come together and get back to believing in themselves and their Coach, They have lost 2 very close games and either of those should or could have been W's for them. Bracken is still very very young and learning.Good luck to all of your teams and see you soon.:thumb:

After 3 weeks of football and the first week of district play, what do you think about these teams and how they are performing?

Frankfort 3-0 1-0

Eminence 3-0 1-0

Branken Co. 0-2 0-0

Gallatin Co. 1-2 0-1

Trimble Co. 1-2 0-1

No offense towards any of the schools but other then Frankfort this is an incredibly weak district. 2 schools that just recently started their programs and 1 that in the past played 6 or 7 man football..

No offense towards any of the schools but other then Frankfort this is an incredibly weak district. 2 schools that just recently started their programs and 1 that in the past played 6 or 7 man football..

Not to start a new fued but this District is a 1A District right and Eminence competed in 8 man and where State Champions in 8 man, they have some superb talent this year. Gallatin is only 2 years old in Varsity but have a phenomenal Coach and some exceptional athletes as well. Bracken again only 2 years old but you have to start somewhere, would you suggest they be competeing against NCC and the likes, give them time to grow. Trimble is a tiny county school and has lost football and brought it back again, Poynter turned a 0-30 school into a district playoff team but that did not happen overnight the program had to be developed, and it is nice to see actual competitive games again. Frankfort yes is the dominant team here but again big city, small enrollment, but great gene pool.This year is looking like it truely could be any one of the top 4,s turn to take the District.The records I think stand now at.

1.Frankfort 3-1 1-0

2.Eminence 4-0 2-0

3.Gallatin 2-2 1-1

4.Trimble 1-3 0-2

5.Bracken 0-4 0-1

An Eminence win wouldnt that make them #1 and then the Frankfort vs. Eminence game would decide the #1 and I have to say that I have personnally enjoyed watching all of these teams play the last few years.:thumb:

Not to start a new fued but this District is a 1A District right and Eminence competed in 8 man and where State Champions in 8 man, they have some superb talent this year. Gallatin is only 2 years old in Varsity but have a phenomenal Coach and some exceptional athletes as well. Bracken again only 2 years old but you have to start somewhere, would you suggest they be competeing against NCC and the likes, give them time to grow. Trimble is a tiny county school and has lost football and brought it back again, Poynter turned a 0-30 school into a district playoff team but that did not happen overnight the program had to be developed, and it is nice to see actual competitive games again. Frankfort yes is the dominant team here but again big city, small enrollment, but great gene pool.This year is looking like it truely could be any one of the top 4,s turn to take the District.The records I think stand now at.

1.Frankfort 3-1 1-0

2.Eminence 4-0 2-0

3.Gallatin 2-2 1-1

4.Trimble 1-3 0-2

5.Bracken 0-4 0-1

An Eminence win wouldnt that make them #1 and then the Frankfort vs. Eminence game would decide the #1 and I have to say that I have personnally enjoyed watching all of these teams play the last few years.:thumb:

:thumb:Thanks for the info. With the exception of possibly Frankfort I will go on record as saying that the numbers 2, 3 and 4 seed will all lose their 1st round playoff games. Only Frankfort would have the possible chance of making the playoffs if they were in the district with Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton or Ludlow. I stand by my original post. This is a weak district..

You are absolutely right and let me apologize if I offended anyone I was only defending my own statements.

And now:thumb: back to the topic.

I do still see Frankfort as being the team to beat having seen all of these teams play at least once this year, I would have to give a slite edge to Gallatin and Coach Browning but they will have to be careful of Eminence and their speed this week. Trimble I do believe will be the 4 in the district and the sleeper if they can come together and get back to believing in themselves and their Coach, They have lost 2 very close games and either of those should or could have been W's for them. Bracken is still very very young and learning.Good luck to all of your teams and see you soon.:thumb:

Coach Poynter has been in this business for 17 years and has had alot of success (Even being part of a state championship team) when he got to Trimble they had ZERO. I would bet that he has not forgotten how to coach football. :lol:

Coach Poynter has been in this business for 17 years and has had alot of success (Even being part of a state championship team) when he got to Trimble they had ZERO. I would bet that he has not forgotten how to coach football. :lol:

Let me go on record here, I know exactly how long Coach Poynter has been in the buisness and how much success he has had especially since his arrival at Trimble County if I am not mistaken I think I even stated this in an earlier post of mine. But hey thanks for the reminder.;)

Probably some coaches are too egotistical. However, Coach Poynter is not one of them. I certainly am not a coach. I did not play college sports. I would, however, be happy to meet and discuss with you about your and your "one" son's experience any time that you want to. I have met many great people on here over the past couple of years from neighboring schools. Some that come to mind are Buttels, Big Country Boy, Teammomaholic, and Lunatic 1. Let me know when I can add you to the list. :thumb:

Right back at you TB&G!!!!:thumb:

In thinking about it, there really from what I have seen, in the area around Trimble County (Carroll, Gallatin, Owen, Henry), I can't see any of the coaches having an "ego". In Northern Kentucky, (Boone, Kenton & Campbell) sure, there are those.............The coaches in the first group have one thing in mind......their kids. Not only on the field, but off the field as well. If there is an issue, they deal with it. End of story.

I watched a game last year when a parent came up to a coach after the game and complained to a coach about playing time. The coach layed it out on the line to the parent and what the kid was doing. I wish more coaches took that type of stand against the complainers. More and more, the parents complain to the coach, AD or whoever and get their way. GOOD coaches have left programs due to the parents. I get tired of seeing that stuff on the field, in the gym, etc. Off of my soapbox.....again.

Frankfort looks strong, from what I have read and not seeing them...yet. Gallatin/Eminence will be a big game in Warsaw on Friday.

This group of coaches do it right!!!!!