Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rudi cut

Featured Replies

Even though he returned to practice last week, the Bengals apparently decided they hadn't seen enough of the new and improved Rudi Johnson this summer and cut the man once projected to be their bell-cow running back.

 

Bengals.com

  • Author

I don't see an issue with this decision.

I don't see an issue with this decision.

 

No? Except a guy that was a main contributor in 06 is gone with no proven replacement. I'd say that's an issue.

No one was going to trade for him since they knew there was a good chance the Bengals would likely cut him loose.

 

We all know what running back the Bengals might be considering bringing in, now would be the time to do that.

No? Except a guy that was a main contributor in 06 is gone with no proven replacement. I'd say that's an issue.

 

He was a main contributor 2 years ago. Last year, he was terrible. This year, he hasn't even practiced, has he?

 

Apparently we tried to trade him and nobody wanted him. Or, at least nobody was willing to give anything up for him.

 

I'm a big Rudi Johnson fan, but this may actually be a good move by the Bengals. My only concern is that we're losing a "leader". But then again, with the way this team has acted, maybe losing a "leader" is an addition by subtraction.

Not really surprised at this move. I'm sure there will be some more big cuts around the league today.

 

I do believe we will see Rudi in the league though.

He was a main contributor 2 years ago. Last year, he was terrible. This year, he hasn't even practiced, has he?

 

Apparently we tried to trade him and nobody wanted him. Or, at least nobody was willing to give anything up for him.

 

I'm a big Rudi Johnson fan, but this may actually be a good move by the Bengals. My only concern is that we're losing a "leader". But then again, with the way this team has acted, maybe losing a "leader" is an addition by subtraction.

 

Yeah, I get all that. The fact is they have no proven RB, a QB that hasn't improved in 3 years, an O Line that is shaky, and a perenially bad defense. Rudi's failure tp perform is not what I see as the issue. The issue is that this should have been foreseen and addressed earlier. The issues continue to mount with no real solutions. The Bengals are dangerously close to slipping from mediocrity to putrid.:irked:

There is also rumors that Anderson will be cut if he does not take a pay cut. My only concern is that the Bengals should use this money to better the team (re-sign current players or sign new ones) rather than Mike Brown just fattening his wallet.

Shaun Alexander?

 

No. How about Chris Perry and Kenny Watson

No. How about Chris Perry and Kenny Watson

 

How much has Perry played in live NFL action?

How much has Perry played in live NFL action?

 

He was the third down back in '05... He was very effective. I think he'll have a very solid year...

The year he played we won the dvision. If he doesn't get hurt I think we will be fine!! WHO DEY

If Perry proves to be fragile like he has in the past then maybe they will pull the trigger on Alexander but for now I am with Newcath84 in saying that its the Perry/Watson show.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.