What song are you spinning?

Jim Schue

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$33 is a little much, especially for the waterfront. Although with the ticketmaster costs I did pay $57 for STP...

See, I think their price is a bit jacked up because of the "hometown boys return" angle. Kind of the same way you'll pay premium price for baseball cards of Reds greats in Cincy, but get them on discount anywhere else. I'm of the opinion I could hit their show in Cincy, Lex or Nashville and get away for $20-$25.

Or maybe they've just reached the tipping point of stardom. Still, it exceeds my threshold for how much I'm willing to pay for a show. I vowed a long time ago that I would never again pay more than $30 for a single ticket for a regular concert (broken only once, to see Springsteen/E Street on the reunion tour). I'm a bit more flexible for festivals, but I gotta feel like I'm getting maximum bang for my buck.

See, I think their price is a bit jacked up because of the "hometown boys return" angle. Kind of the same way you'll pay premium price for baseball cards of Reds greats in Cincy, but get them on discount anywhere else. I'm of the opinion I could hit their show in Cincy, Lex or Nashville and get away for $20-$25.

Or maybe they've just reached the tipping point of stardom. Still, it exceeds my threshold for how much I'm willing to pay for a show. I vowed a long time ago that I would never again pay more than $30 for a single ticket for a regular concert (broken only once, to see Springsteen/E Street on the reunion tour). I'm a bit more flexible for festivals, but I gotta feel like I'm getting maximum bang for my buck.

Yeah, we thought about seeing them Friday night in Nashville and STP on Saturday but between the two tickets prices, gas, food etc. it would have added up far too quickly. I think the Nashville tickets are $29 if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, we thought about seeing them Friday night in Nashville and STP on Saturday but between the two tickets prices, gas, food etc. it would have added up far too quickly. I think the Nashville tickets are $29 if I'm not mistaken.

Judging from the dates on the Pollstar site, I can't help but think they'll be swinging back through for some indoor dates in mid-October leading up to their MSG show New Year's Eve.

Another Pete Yorn fan? Cool! :thumb:

Man I had his live album jamming tonight on the deck with a tall Captn and Diet. He rocks, I have seen him live 3 time and got backstage with him up in Indy. He is kinda nerdy but way cool and love the tunes. My favorites are the following.

All at Once

Life on a Chain

Strange Condition

Lose You

Burrito

Man I had his live album jamming tonight on the deck with a tall Captn and Diet. He rocks, I have seen him live 3 time and got backstage with him up in Indy. He is kinda nerdy but way cool and love the tunes. My favorites are the following.

All at Once

Life on a Chain

Strange Condition

Lose You

Burrito

I came across his stuff when doing a radio show down in the mountains and just loved his pop sensibilities. I've been a fan ever since. He does great covers, such as the stuff on the bonus disc that came with "Musicforthemorningafter," including a great version of Springsteen's "New York City Serenade."

His cover of "Suspicious Minds" on the live album is chillingly good, and even better in person.

Saw him do an free show at ear X-tacy in L'ville as well as later that night at Phx Hill Tavern. Both were outstanding.