Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Reds

Featured Replies

Will the reds make a move before the trade deadline? If so who will it be? What does everyone think?

I think they will make a move, and I'm guessing it will involve the bullpen.

I think they will make a move, and I'm guessing it will involve the bullpen.

 

 

What kind of move? Do you feel they will trade someone from their bullpen to a contending team?

I think they will make a move, and I'm guessing it will involve the bullpen.

You are probably right,the reds bullpen is pretty good now so they will screw it up and trade some good players.:irked:

What kind of move? Do you feel they will trade someone from their bullpen to a contending team?

 

I can see Weathers being moved. I can also see Burton as the closer of the future, which means Cordero (and his salalry) could be unloaded. Just one mans opinion.;)

I think they will shop Weathers, Dunn, Griffey, Arroyo, and Freel. They might get some bidders for Arroyo, Freel, and Weathers, but I can't see anyone wanting Griffey or Dunn.

Bidders for Freel, LOL

I think they will shop Weathers, Dunn, Griffey, Arroyo, and Freel. They might get some bidders for Arroyo, Freel, and Weathers, but I can't see anyone wanting Griffey or Dunn.

 

I'd add Affeldt & Fogg to that list as well. Arroyo makes alot of $$$ it'd be hard to get rid of him.

I don't think that the Reds have a shot at the playoffs so imo they may "shop" Dunn to see who they can get for him. One of the bullpen guys like Weathers is a possibility to a contending team as well, maybe for top prospects to further build for the future. Griffey could very well also be gone but he will name that move as to where to.

One guy that I hope they don't trade is Keppinger, just have a feeling that they might, I really like Kepp. Harriston is another that imo should stay and imo Bruce, BP, Valquez,Queto, (Harrang?) and Votto are non negotiable as far as trades go.

We may be able to get a case of sunflower seeds out of Coffey and some pine tar out of Patterson, not sure.:D

 

I have said it before and I know that the Reds have other needs as well but I want a quality catcher.

Bidders for Freel, LOL

 

Someone might offer a low A-ball player for some services in the Outfield. The Rays need a right handed bat, a Right Fielder, and probably some veteran presence. Who knows, they might offer a Low-A ball player.

I'd add Affeldt & Fogg to that list as well. Arroyo makes alot of $$$ it'd be hard to get rid of him.

 

I forgot about them, I would add Fogg to that, and if Affeldt is only signed 1 year do that too. Affeldt has been very very good this year.

I can see Weathers being moved. I can also see Burton as the closer of the future, which means Cordero (and his salalry) could be unloaded.
If you know a team willing to trade anything of value for a closer making $12M a season, you better let Walt know about it.
Someone might offer a low A-ball player for some services in the Outfield. The Rays need a right handed bat, a Right Fielder, and probably some veteran presence. Who knows, they might offer a Low-A ball player.

 

I'd take it, I would take anything. He is over paid, and too injury prone. I thought he was out for the season though?

If you know a team willing to trade anything of value for a closer making $12M a season, you better let Walt know about it.

 

I said it was just an opinion. I would really like to see Burton in the closer role, but he has been great as the setup guy too. I agree with you in regards to Cordero's salary, but there's alot of stupid spending that goes on in MLB.

I said it was just an opinion. I would really like to see Burton in the closer role, but he has been great as the setup guy too. I agree with you in regards to Cordero's salary, but there's alot of stupid spending that goes on in MLB.
Some of it in Cincinnati ... the Reds are stuck with Cordero's contract, unless they agree to eat some of it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.