Gun control / assault weapons

coldweatherfan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's look at some more banning attempts.

Is banning assault rifles a desire to get rid of assault rifles?

Or is it the first step in an agenda to ban guns completely?

IMO the agenda of gun control people is to bans gun entirely.

I agree. Once guns are banned, then the same people will be vocally advocating banning machetes, swords, and regulating the length and types of blades allowed on kitchen utensils.

I don't know about RTS my vote is none. The NRA fights every type of ban with fury because they know what the ultimate goal of the opposition is. And they know that the opposition always approaches with something that seems reasonable. Once they get a foot in the door, then they will try to slowly push it all the way open.

RTS, I am interesting in learning about what types of regulations you are in favor of, as regards guns. Do you believe in any type of gun being banned? What other regulations do you see?
I believe we have enough on the books now, I can't see the need for more. They simply need to enforce what's already in place.

I'll give you some examples of why I say there are enough already.

Federal gun law in 2005:

271 numbered statutes.

Say you live in one of these five states, added to the Federal statutes, you have:

Arizona gun law in 2006:

183 numbered statutes

Virginia gun law in 2006:

191 numbered statutes

Texas gun law in 2005:

226 numbered statutes

California gun law in 1998:

541 numbered statutes

Florida gun law in 1998:

229 numbered statutes

The Supreme Court had heard 92 gun-related cases through 2002 and three more cases through 2005, making Heller, in 2008, the 96th gun-related case.

On top of 36 High Court cases that actually mention or quote the Second Amendment, Bloomfield Press found that guns are a bigger subject than just the Amendment itself. They kept discovering cases that addressed firearms from other perspectives - search and seizure, sentence enhancements, taxes, states' rights, double jeopardy, definitions, statutory interpretation, the war on drugs, due process and more.

I agree with you cwf, the agenda of all of the anti gun goons like Obama, Clinton, Kennedy, Schumer, Boxer, Feinstein and a whole host of others is to ban ALL guns completely. They want nothing less and will "sugar coat" it untill they get it. Their first step to achieveing it will be to get a couple more of their left wing extremist idiots on the supreme court.

They will also tax ammo so high that it will make it difficult to even buy ammo (of any type) untill they can get the complete bans achieved.

People like this imo have ONE agenda.......A complete and total Government Controlled Society and yes, that is exactly what it sounds like.

I'm gonna try to put RTS on the spot.

RTS, lets say that gun bans in general are considered unconstitutional as long as regulating gun ownership was allowed. What type of regulation would you be willing to agree to?

I believe we have enough on the books now, I can't see the need for more. They simply need to enforce what's already in place.

This says it all. Enforce the laws that are already in place and put NO probation, lighter sentences, etc.. on anyone convicted of a crime with a gun.

Gun laws are already in place.......get the weasel judges that are not enforcing them off the bench and replace those bleeding heart idiots with some strict judges that are not influenced by all of the "symathy"/they can be rehabilitated crap. Put the thugs commiting crimes with guns in prison for the max sentence, no chance of parole and then think about rehab after they get out, not a minute before.

I don't know about RTS my vote is none. The NRA fights every type of ban with fury because they know what the ultimate goal of the opposition is. And they know that the opposition always approaches with something that seems reasonable. Once they get a foot in the door, then they will try to slowly push it all the way open.

Exactly!! :thumb:

I'm gonna try to put RTS on the spot.

RTS, lets say that gun bans in general are considered unconstitutional as long as regulating gun ownership was allowed. What type of regulation would you be willing to agree to?

I believe any law-abiding citizen should have the right to own guns, anyone convicted of violent crimes should have their right to own a firearm revoked.

I have no problem with Class III licensing and permits.

I'm not sure what all you want an answer to here, but if you want to fire a few questions at me, I'd be more than willing to answer.