Mason Co 2008/2009

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason Co will need to find a true go to guy this season with Miller gone.

We didn't have a sure fire/go to guy in the early 90's.............still walked away with 3 region titles and top 5 rankings through out the state !:dancingpa

But, I don't think the Royals will be that well respected after D-Miller.

Mason County has tradition on its side and just like Lexington Catholic, Scott County, Ballard, Male, and others just keeps re-loading year after year. They are just like a UCLA or North Carolina of college basketball. They can lose the whole starting line-up and still make the Saturday morning session at Rupp the next March. Everybody seems to favor a talented but young Clark County team, but I say at year's end you still have to go through Mason County to get to Rupp. Until someone beats them I keep them up there at least at a tie for #1 with Clark County in the 10th Region until someone proves different during the season next year. I saw Middleton play Summer AAU ball and he is a terrific player. Just the fact that he is back along with the other young talent will still keep them right at the top of the region.

One other note, Mason travel to Elliott on Feb. 10, 2009 and that should be a fun game to watch. Just don't know how you get several thousand fans into a gym that holds maybe 700 at tops. Probably have to get there at 4:00PM and stand in line to get a seat.

OK Mason Nation, I'm prepared to get my socks handed to me, but if Mason Co. is relying on Russ to carry this team, there will be disappointment in the Royal kingdom. Russ, though a very good player, does not have the ability to carry this team. He will only be a pre-season consideration for Mr. BB due to his program. Now that he will be relied upon, he will show the weakenesses in his game. He is a Scotty Pippen, not an MJ. He needed to be in the shadow in order to shine. I know, let's wait and see, but watching this young man for several years, the loss of leadership will be displayed front and center.

OK Mason Nation, I'm prepared to get my socks handed to me, but if Mason Co. is relying on Russ to carry this team, there will be disappointment in the Royal kingdom. Russ, though a very good player, does not have the ability to carry this team. He will only be a pre-season consideration for Mr. BB due to his program. Now that he will be relied upon, he will show the weakenesses in his game. He is a Scotty Pippen, not an MJ. He needed to be in the shadow in order to shine. I know, let's wait and see, but watching this young man for several years, the loss of leadership will be displayed front and center.

Leadership comes in many forms. One of the reasons Mason County has been successful is that all the players bring something to the table. The leading scorer is often not the leader of the team. Let's watch what the TEAM does - because Mason County does TEAM very well.

Wow!!!!!All im saying lets guess your a talent scout.:laugh::rolleyes:But this is a public message board and you are entitled to your opinion.

Leadership comes in many forms. One of the reasons Mason County has been successful is that all the players bring something to the table. The leading scorer is often not the leader of the team. Let's watch what the TEAM does - because Mason County does TEAM very well.

Agree with you 100%. But look at the posting trail and all leads to Russ as the leader. Mason will be very good, and will be the likely candidate to get beaten by Clarke County this year. But let's face it, for the last 8 years, Mason has had a true go-to guy (Lofton & Miller). All expectations are that Russ will be the guy. I'm just saying that Russ is not best suited to be the guy. Will Mason be good, ABSOLUTELY. I'm not questioning that, but this trail has this team being lead by Russ, and Russ is not the player best suited for the job. Pawsatt is probably better suited to take the reigns, even though he is a sophmore, he has the leadership qualities that a team can rally around.

Agree with you 100%. But look at the posting trail and all leads to Russ as the leader. Mason will be very good, and will be the likely candidate to get beaten by Clarke County this year. But let's face it, for the last 8 years, Mason has had a true go-to guy (Lofton & Miller). All expectations are that Russ will be the guy. I'm just saying that Russ is not best suited to be the guy. Will Mason be good, ABSOLUTELY. I'm not questioning that, but this trail has this team being lead by Russ, and Russ is not the player best suited for the job. Pawsatt is probably better suited to take the reigns, even though he is a sophomore, he has the leadership qualities that a team can rally around.

There will be plenty of leaders on this team. The '09 class at Mason County is a very good class filled with many players that have played together since they were in 2nd Grade. Downing will be a vocal leader for this team and Ryan Hamm will lead as well. This team has a chance to win their region if some of their players live up to their capabilities. Saying this team will lack leadership is just untrue.

I think it will be an interesting year for Mason Co. and different then the past. Im anxious to see how Phil Barner plays since there was a lot of hype of him coming to Mason. He will have his opportunity to shine, and we'll have to see if he takes advantage of it.