Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where was Dr. Joe Morgan last night?

Featured Replies

Morgan was noticably absent for Sandberg's HOF induction. He was noticably absent for this week's ASG pregame that featured other HOF members despite being at the HR Derby the night before. He also serves as the Vice-Chairman of the HOF Board of Directors. What else could be more important if he was already in town?

 

 

I have no idea, but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not to. I don't remember hearing or reading anything that Joe has said negatively about Ryne Sandberg, but I realize as a Cubs fan you automatically feel that Joe is purposely avoiding sharing the stage with him. I don't recall Red Schoendienst being in attendance.

  • Author

Joe Morgan never missed a HOF induction until the year Sandberg went in. If he had a good reason to miss, he never went public with it, only to say "previous commitment". If his daughter was getting married, son playing in a minor league all-star game, etc., wouldn't you just say that?

 

I am, however, ready to cut Joe a small amount of slack because there were many others not in attendence that could have been there.

Am I missing something, why would Morgan not like Sandberg? Frankly, who cares if Morgan and Bench weren't there. Maybe they were standing up for Pete...

 

Maybe they hate the Yankees, LOL

  • Author

Sandberg came out of retirement to break Morgan's career HR record for second basemen (which Jeff Kent now holds). He also broke of a couple of other records of Joe's and has been referred by some as the Best Second Baseman ever. That hasn't set well with Joe according to those close to him. When Joe didn't attend the HOF ceremoney where Sandberg was inducted, there was a big internet story about, chronicling interviews Morgan gave about how Sandberg wasn't better than him, how Sandberg wasn't even in the top five, and some on-air quotes when Morgan wasn't complimentary of Sandberg when he was calling games Sandberg played in. I am still searching for the link.

 

I wonder if it was more a silent protest for Rose. But he and Bench don't get along do they?

Sandberg came out of retirement to break Morgan's career HR record for second basemen (which Jeff Kent now holds). He also broke of a couple of other records of Joe's and has been referred by some as the Best Second Baseman ever. That hasn't set well with Joe according to those close to him. When Joe didn't attend the HOF ceremoney where Sandberg was inducted, there was a big internet story about, chronicling interviews Morgan gave about how Sandberg wasn't better than him, how Sandberg wasn't even in the top five, and some on-air quotes when Morgan wasn't complimentary of Sandberg when he was calling games Sandberg played in. I am still searching for the link.

 

I wonder if it was more a silent protest for Rose. But he and Bench don't get along do they?

 

 

 

I think Bench and Rose's relationship has improved since Pete admitted to betting on baseball.

Sandberg came out of retirement to break Morgan's career HR record for second basemen (which Jeff Kent now holds). He also broke of a couple of other records of Joe's and has been referred by some as the Best Second Baseman ever. That hasn't set well with Joe according to those close to him. When Joe didn't attend the HOF ceremoney where Sandberg was inducted, there was a big internet story about, chronicling interviews Morgan gave about how Sandberg wasn't better than him, how Sandberg wasn't even in the top five, and some on-air quotes when Morgan wasn't complimentary of Sandberg when he was calling games Sandberg played in. I am still searching for the link.

 

I wonder if it was more a silent protest for Rose. But he and Bench don't get along do they?

 

They seem to have a love/hate with Rose.

 

I don't doubt Morgan thinks he was better than Sandberg, I think he was too.:lol:

Ryne Sandberg is one of my all-time favorites, but Joe Morgan was a better player.

Careful using the Bench name on here. Isnt he known for law suits against websites that use his name?

  • Author

Ok then.

 

Where was the former Krylon spokesman who also doubled as a Major League catcher?

Heard Marty B say today that JB was at a charity golf tournament for a close friend.

You're not alone.

 

Count me in on that as well.

  • Author

Joe rode in the ASG parade earlier in the day in NYC

I think Bench and Rose's relationship has improved since Pete admitted to betting on baseball.

 

I don't know about that. Bench was in my area about a year or so ago. He spoke at a dinner for Boys and Girls Club and addressed the Rose and the hall of fame stuff.

 

Bench said: "When anyone asks me about it I always ask if they have kids. If they say yes then I tell them to go home and tell them that whatever rules you have for them are really suggestions. They can break anyone of them they want because it really doesn't matter. The rule was in every clubhouse I was ever in and we all knew the rule. Now we want to say that it's a rule for everyone but Pete."

 

It didn't sound too chummy to me. On another occasion he was speaking about blocking the plate. "You never block the plate if there is no chance of a play. If Pete's throwing one of his 7 hoppers from Left Field there's no way I'm standing in there and stopping that guy."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.