Bracken Co. Loyalty?

Not gonna comment on this further because Breeze is the coach. Did not say Persinger had coached beyond middle,said middle wasn't in same league as varsity. Did he coach JV under Fisher and McKinney? If you say so then evidently he did, don't know why you would go from JV to middle school. If your gonna knock the AD and the hiring of someone you know nothing about,then be able to take criticism as well. You was the one saying he could do things like Coach Whitaker,that is the definition of comparing. If he is as good as you say he is and mad about being passed over, maybe he should start looking at other schools

The problem is that many of the students, parents,and community members want Coach Persinger to stay and coach at Bracken at the Varsity level.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Site bases ONLY legal role is to be consulted, which is a very vague requirement.

They have no actual voice in the decision except for the Principal coming in and saying, "this is who I am hiring." They can voice dissent but it means NOTHING.

Nor should they. IMO.

Nor should they. IMO.

So in your opinion, 1 person should make all the decisions concerning the education and development of your child and not consider any other options or wishes presented by well informed parents on the council and in the community.WOW!!!!

Coach Breeze's hiring is a solid hiring by Bracken County. Bracken has some talent and young talent who will be able to compete definitely on the All A circuit for the next few years. The kids will either share the same passion as Coach Breeze, or they won't be playing very long. This guy will work his tail off, young and has been around basketball all his life. Great family formerly from Mason County, its always great that people want to come home. :thumb: to BC!

Pretty sure alot of people said this exact same thing about the last 3 coaches we had.

I will stand up for 10th region fan as to the comparison he is trying to make. He is not comparing Persinger to Whitaker. He is comparing the fact that a 10th region coach has coached fast pitch and basketball and had success. In order to do this you must have great assistant coaches and that is what helps Whitaker.

As for Chad, he has shown he can develop a program. He has developed the fast pitch program incorporating middle and high school athletes and has developed basically a feeder system for his high school program. He would definitely be around to develop the basketball program from the elementary school up to the high school. Bracken needs someone who will develop the program for the future using what he has now. Chad would give the program some consistency and not use it as a stepping stone unlike others and I am sure Coach Breeze is using Bracken to begin his career, which happens all too often in Bracken Co. Guarantee Coach Breeze is here no longer than 3 years and he doesnt develop any kind of feeder program to help. Chad has proven he can win at the high school level and middle school level. He was a JV/Varsity assistant under Jon Wirth in the mid to late 90's in the girls program. My sources tell me Wirth was contacted Monday morning after Fite resigned about the job but turned it down. Wirth was also contacted by Kentucky Christian University about becoming their next head basketball coach. Perhaps if he took the Bracken job we wouldnt be having this discussion.

I could be wrong but something makes me think Mac is a baseball coach and not girls fastpitch.Did I dream this or is he not?:sleep:I guess technectly baseball is fast pitch.

Thanks for correcting me milfordflash. You are correct that Mac coaches baseball. Got in a hurry on that one. The big question to ask will be how will the new coach fit into the community. Coaches have been run out of small communities such as this when they are from out of town, because they just don't fit into the community according to those long time community citizens. As I read here, he will be run out soon.

Thanks for correcting me milfordflash. You are correct that Mac coaches baseball. Got in a hurry on that one. The big question to ask will be how will the new coach fit into the community. Coaches have been run out of small communities such as this when they are from out of town, because they just don't fit into the community according to those long time community citizens. As I read here, he will be run out soon.

I am going to disagree with this, as long as expectations are realistic. I think the adminisitration will be patient, and the results in the All A could be very positive. A man coming in from the outside will tend not to listen to that small community noise.

I am going to disagree with this, as long as expectations are realistic. I think the adminisitration will be patient, and the results in the All A could be very positive. A man coming in from the outside will tend not to listen to that small community noise.

I agree with you PR,did I just type that?Ha Ha.Someone with out any ties to the county is usually good for the program.The trouble is if you get someone and they turn out to be doing good,they won't stay long and you're back to needing a coach again.I think keeping things in house is sometimes good but generally if you want to turn a program around you need new blood to do that.I don't know how this guy will do but lets not run him out of town before he starts.:cool:

So in your opinion, 1 person should make all the decisions concerning the education and development of your child and not consider any other options or wishes presented by well informed parents on the council and in the community.WOW!!!!

No. IMO it should be the super, AD, and Principal making the decision on hiring a coach. A lot of people on site base council's don't have a clue about athletics.

So the five members of the SBDMC choose the principal, but they should have no say in any other hires?

They should have say in any thing but hiring coaches. I can deal with a bad principal or administrator but not a bad coach.:D