Top Jr's in Northern Ky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well' date=' we know that the Bluebirds have a couple of nice players in Collingsworth, Alford and Roller. Who are some of the others in the area??[/quote']

The Bluebirds do have some talent in there Jr. class. What impact will those young men have on the varsity this year?

The Bluebirds do have some talent in there Jr. class. What impact will those young men have on the varsity this year?

Highlands has a very talented senior class returning in Conner, Guidugli, Dempsey, Laber, Frank, Head, Turner,Rosenhagen, Crawford, Martin, Bardgett and Newman (to name the ones that first come to mind). They are very talented and there are some natural leaders in that class. The juniors of Collinsworth, Roller, Bardo, Combs, Schlosser, Grubbs, Brown, Buten, Hogue, other Rosenhagen, Alford, Bankemper, Dierig, Fennell and Welz (to also name the ones that first come to mind) will supplement those seniors very, very well and I expect many of the juniors to have a major impact on the varsity this year and next. I think after some of the juniors get a little experience we will be very good this year and have a really good shot of winning No. 18 this year. When I was thinking of my response to your question, I couldn't help but remember Quinn and Mitch and think about how they would have also really helped this year's squad. Those two kids may be gone, but they are definitely not forgotten.

I couldn't help but remember Quinn and Mitch and think about how they would have also really helped this year's squad. Those two kids may be gone, but they are definitely not forgotten.

You are right LN, we will never forget them!

Brandon Roller IMO will be more of an impact player than Collinsworth at Highlands this season. That is not a shot at Austin because he is phenomenal it just says so much about Roller and his ability to impact a game. I thought he played like a Sr. last season as a soph. Both of these kids will definitely have their name called a ton on defense this season whether its Roller making a stop in the backfield or Austin picking a pass off across the middle and scampering for a TD.

Brandon Roller IMO will be more of an impact player than Collinsworth at Highlands this season. That is not a shot at Austin because he is phenomenal it just says so much about Roller and his ability to impact a game. I thought he played like a Sr. last season as a soph. Both of these kids will definitely have their name called a ton on defense this season whether its Roller making a stop in the backfield or Austin picking a pass off across the middle and scampering for a TD.

You MAY be right, but does it matter which one has more of an impact (and really in most cases it may be impossible to definitely measure anyway)? I'm just thrilled to pete to have them both on the team and I could care less which one has a greater impact. Heck, I can make the argument that if the juniors that are likely to start on the O line do a great job pass blocking for the qb and run blocking for the rb's, they might make a greater impact than either Brandon or Austin. No O line, no O; no O, big pressures on D. Keep the D on the field all night and you lose games against good football teams.

You MAY be right, but does it matter which one has more of an impact (and really in most cases it may be impossible to definitely measure anyway)? I'm just thrilled to pete to have them both on the team and I could care less which one has a greater impact. Heck, I can make the argument that if the juniors that are likely to start on the O line do a great job pass blocking for the qb and run blocking for the rb's, they might make a greater impact than either Brandon or Austin. No O line, no O; no O, big pressures on D. Keep the D on the field all night and you lose games against good football teams.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the season in a nutshell! The only other HUGE factor will be special teams. They will win/lose ~2 games a year!

Miles Simpson from Simon Kenton will be 1 of the top RB in Northern Kentucky.

This is so true. Miles has great size, speed and talent. He will be something to watch this season. Plus playing on a nice new turf field will enhance his talent even more.