Top Jr's in Northern Ky

Ryle has put in a much more pass oriented offense for this season he will have a good chance to get noticed.

Haven't we heard this every year from Ryle and Boone? I hope that they actually give it a chance to work, and don't scrap it after the first hiccup.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the season in a nutshell! The only other HUGE factor will be special teams. They will win/lose ~2 games a year!

I've been impressed with the kicking game so far in practice. I'll tell you what, that Cody Rosenhagen kid can kick a nice football. Weinel has looked more consistent but doesn't have quite the leg strength that Cody does. Hogue, Roller and Dempsey have looked pretty good punting the ball. I'm not as concerned as I once was with the kicking game. If the O line can continue to come together, I like our chances of getting no. 18.

I've yet to see the place-kicking game. Rosie always could bang the ball off a tee...but I believe he was "directionally challenged"? As for Dempsey punting...shouldn't he be working on the other end of the exchange? (lol). Just 2 examples of the athleticism at HHS that the linemen are also "skills" guys!! I've also heard that a "fun-bunch" penalty has been implemented for OL miscues. (bad snaps, jumps, total whiffs, etc...) and ALL OL run...not just the offender! That ought to tighten up the mental aspects a bit (lol). I hope to see a LOT more intensity at BW this week than what I saw last Friday night!