Another transfer from Newport?

Your right Eagle therr is a lot of talented athletes at Newport that only play one sport and could contribute in others. There are also kids that don't play at all when they enter high school and have participated is sports all there life.The Ilg brothers will hurt Newport more because they were both a big part of the wrestling team, Housley was a contributer to the basketball team and when kids like that leave it hurts.
Where did Housley go this time Didn't he leave and go to HC before

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who thinks they are to good for Newport the student or the parent? They should remember that an education is the most important part of school, and you can get that at Newport.

Good question. I'd say the parents are a big part of it but I'd imagine some of it is the student as well.

They are eligible to play. Though both will benefit from the Camels wrestling program, Jacob is already making a siginificant impact in early practices with the Camels. He has potential to be in the top 5 rankings for OL in NKY this year. Quite a stretch from his days in Newport, but does speak to his work ethic. He has broke into the starting line-up that was already set prior to summer practice. He is one of the best pulling linemen that the Camels have had in some time.

Jacob is a hard working individual. I wish him all the best with football and wrestling.

Yeah, I heard about Ilg brothers leaving--not sure what impact they made in football, but I know they were an integral part of the wrestling team. Unfortunately, another big loss for Newport. I didn't hear their reason for leaving. Hopefully, they weren't "shopping" for another school and their transfer is due to a legitimate change of address. I'm sure the KHSAA will make sure of this before declaring them eligible for the upcoming seasons.

Just to validate, the Ilg's did move into the county, thus it wasn't a matter of shopping for a better school. Both have adjusted extremely well and have fit in with all.

Arkansas had missed some practices without calling and when he returned he was asked to leave.

I believe that he was given a choice to either run during practice or he was done. From what I heard he chose to leave. Now, big question is this, since he didn't complete the season last year is he eligible to play somewhere else?

I believe that he was given a choice to either run during practice or he was done. From what I heard he chose to leave. Now, big question is this, since he didn't complete the season last year is he eligible to play somewhere else?

If he played one play, it counts as a season.

Here's my take.

Bottom line - anyone who speaks badly about any kid leaving his current school district for another with better educational or athletic opportunity needs to take a hard look in the mirror. My kids will always go to the schools that provide them with the best opportunity for success in the future that I can afford. Whether that opportunity for success is academic, athletic or both is irrelevant. There is no glory in holding onto a sinking ship for loyalty sake when your future prosperity is at stake.

If there exists a logic that disputes this reasoning, I am unaware of it.

Edited by Ram
Rule 2

Here's my take.

Bottom line - anyone who speaks badly about any kid leaving his current school district for another with better educational or athletic opportunity needs to take a hard look in the mirror. My kids will always go to the schools that provide them with the best opportunity for success in the future that I can afford. Whether that opportunity for success is academic, athletic or both is irrelevant. There is no glory in holding onto a sinking ship for loyalty sake when your future prosperity is at stake.

If there exists a logic that disputes this reasoning, I am unaware of it.

First of all - let me be the first to welcome you to BGP. I understand what you are saying and if someone wants to improve the overall benefit for their children then why not.

Another example of a kid with so much talent and no respect for his teammates or coaches. Im going to go out on a limb here and probably guess this kid doesnt have a very good support system at home.

Kudos to the Newport Staff for standing strong. Hopefully its a lesson learned for this young man.