Adidas 5 classic starts sunday in Cincy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was interesting to see the Shining Stars start the game with only five or six players. DS looked strong.

A late entry, the Kentucky Gators fared well against two of the top teams in the event including nationally touted Seattle Select which features UL commit Peyton Siva and top 100 player Josh Smith.

Against the Seattle Select team and in front of 50+ college coaches including coach Rick Pitino, the KY Gators led by 4 with 4 minutes to go before losing by 5. Jacob Jenkins finished with 24 point and hit 4 of 7 from long range. Seattle even had to utilize a box and 1 on Jenkins and stalled the last 2 minutes to hold on for the win. Jordan Hickman also added 23 or 24. In the earlier game against Carolina, Jenkins finished with 32 and was 7 of 10 from long range.

More hoops to be played. I like the DS Allstars to do some damage in this one. Kentucky is representing.

I'm sure Coach P was keeping a close eye on Mr. Jenkins.

DS U17 lost to Las Vegas by 2. Back and forth second half, DS had a few bad breaks or would have pulled this one out. Actually, other than the morning game time, it should work out better. Both teams advance in the championship bracket with DS playing the second place team from pool C while Las Vegas plays the 1st place team from pool C. (Don't know who that will be yet).

DS All Stars had a tough loss against the Las Vegas Prospects today, losing 69-67 in a game that could have gone either way. Evan Faulkner had quite a matchup against Anthony Marshall, who is the 29th rated 2 guard in the country and has offers from Miami, Gonzaga, Virginia and interest from even bigger schools like Kentucky and UCLA. Evan probally earned a d-1 scholarship today with his performance against Marshall. Outscoring him in the second half and picking his pocket twice. Evan went head to head with him the entire second half and more than held his own. Jon Ferguson also had a big game and made several big baskets. All the big schools are at this event and it is great exposure for all the kids. Leonard Macon, Richie Phares, and Andy Donovan are doing a solid job battling against some really talented post players.

DS All stars advance into the Gold Division of the tournament tomorrow at 9.20 against Club Ohio.

I'm sure Coach P was keeping a close eye on Mr. Jenkins.

Yes, along with another target, 2010 6-9 center Josh Smith. He was a beast for the Seattle Select team with a wide-body and was unstoppable once he got the ball down low.

The other game Jenkins was able to hit 7 treys and tally 32 against a backcourt that consisted of a Texas A&M and a pair of Clemson commits. Jenkins will likely add a few more options from this weekend.

The tourney is loaded with a ton of talented prospects as well as a big number college coaches. Coach Tom Crean of IU made an appreance at the event as well as coach Sean Miller of Xavier and coach Bob Huggins of WVU. Tomorrow should expect even more coaches to attend. Great event.

DS All Stars had a tough loss against the Las Vegas Prospects today, losing 69-67 in a game that could have gone either way. Evan Faulkner had quite a matchup against Anthony Marshall, who is the 29th rated 2 guard in the country and has offers from Miami, Gonzaga, Virginia and interest from even bigger schools like Kentucky and UCLA. Evan probally earned a d-1 scholarship today with his performance against Marshall. Outscoring him in the second half and picking his pocket twice. Evan went head to head with him the entire second half and more than held his own. Jon Ferguson also had a big game and made several big baskets. All the big schools are at this event and it is great exposure for all the kids. Leonard Macon, Richie Phares, and Andy Donovan are doing a solid job battling against some really talented post players.

DS All stars advance into the Gold Division of the tournament tomorrow at 9.20 against Club Ohio.

The Elliott County trio of Ethan Faulkner, Evan Faulkner, and Jon Ferguson can play with anybody in the country. These three have proven this the last 3 years since their freshman years and have impressed everyone this summer playing against the top competetion in the country. They are all in the 6'1" range, but know how to get up and down the court, score in traffic, can all shoot the ball from way deep, rebound like forwards, have hearts of LIONS, defend like whirlwinds, and can JUST FLAT OUT PLAY THE GAME. These 3 along with the Knipp brothers give Elliott County probably the best team in their history next year. This group will shatter all kinds of Elliott County basketball records and firsts next year as long as they stick together and no one gets injured. Everyone knows my bias toward the LIONS, but as many know I live 125 miles from Elliott County and didn't even know where Sandy Hook was just two years ago. I now can drive the route blind-folded and with gas prices soaring will have to take out a $5K loan to watch all the games next year. Thank God I have good credit because it is worth every penny to watch these guys play the game!!!!

The Elliott County trio of Ethan Faulkner, Evan Faulkner, and Jon Ferguson can play with anybody in the country. These three have proven this the last 3 years since their freshman years and have impressed everyone this summer playing against the top competetion in the country. They are all in the 6'1" range, but know how to get up and down the court, score in traffic, can all shoot the ball from way deep, rebound like forwards, have hearts of LIONS, defend like whirlwinds, and can JUST FLAT OUT PLAY THE GAME. These 3 along with the Knipp brothers give Elliott County probably the best team in their history next year. This group will shatter all kinds of Elliott County basketball records and firsts next year as long as they stick together and no one gets injured. Everyone knows my bias toward the LIONS, but as many know I live 125 miles from Elliott County and didn't even know where Sandy Hook was just two years ago. I now can drive the route blind-folded and with gas prices soaring will have to take out a $5K loan to watch all the games next year. Thank God I have good credit because it is worth every penny to watch these guys play the game!!!!

I have heard the Knipps are on the move? Presently in Bowling Green area.

I know for a fact they tried to gauge a few schools interest and were told "no thanks".

I know for a fact they tried to gauge a few schools interest and were told "no thanks".

No shocker. Somehow I think that the folks in the area will look upon it differently than the Rose Hill transfers for what it's worth.

I wish all the KY kids luck as the championship bracket play starts.:ylsuper:

Yes, along with another target, 2010 6-9 center Josh Smith. He was a beast for the Seattle Select team with a wide-body and was unstoppable once he got the ball down low.

The other game Jenkins was able to hit 7 treys and tally 32 against a backcourt that consisted of a Texas A&M and a pair of Clemson commits. Jenkins will likely add a few more options from this weekend.

The tourney is loaded with a ton of talented prospects as well as a big number college coaches. Coach Tom Crean of IU made an appreance at the event as well as coach Sean Miller of Xavier and coach Bob Huggins of WVU. Tomorrow should expect even more coaches to attend. Great event.

UK is one of the favorites for Smith...favorites in being that he mentions them prominently at this stage and is not against moving across the country.

DS 17's just beat the Michigan Mustangs 73-61.

Ferguson had 28 and hit 5 or 6 3 Point shots and played very well on Defense. Ethan and Evan also played well. It was a Total team effort. They play again Tuesday Morning.

DS 17's just beat the Michigan Mustangs 73-61.

Ferguson had 28 and hit 5 or 6 3 Point shots and played very well on Defense. Ethan and Evan also played well. It was a Total team effort. They play again Tuesday Morning.

Just talked with my source in Cincy (at the game) and Ferg indeed had a big time game with many college coaches around including Billy G. DS All-Stars are really clicking and Ferg is averaging 19.5ppg and the team is 3-1 in the classic. Faulkners, Macon, and entire team playing great basketball.

I have said it before and will say it again. The Elliott trio can just flat out play and play with anyone in the country no matter how big, fast, strong, or quick. These boys just know how to run, score, defend, and play the game. They have been playing together since they were knee high to a grasshopper.

I don't want to get into the internals of this, but the Knipps will be back playing for Elliott County next year. We have all heard these conversations and know the dynamics, but again won't discuss here. Maybe will hear of more conversations, but again they will be back in Sandy Hook. After Chris and the other seniors graduate then will Tim move on?? He sure won't have a supporting cast but that is speculation and just that--in the future.