Zornes out at Boyd Co.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Coach Zornes is ok. His physical health has to come first, but this is awfully late in the summer to step down. Is anyone on the current staff ready to take over or will Boyd have to search elsewhere?

You can leave Brock off, he is the new assistant principal at Blazer. I would hope that they would give Rick Griffith the chance. He has been the one with them this summer.

The article does not go into any detail, but first of all I would like to wish Coach Zornes the very best and pray that any health issues hinted at in the story are minor or are at least, easily remedied. He's been a fierce competitor, and is one of the top coaches in the 16th Region. :thumb:

Secondly, there's no way I dare comment on the list as posted other than to say Blazer's gain is definitely Boyd County's loss... Brock Walter is an outstanding person of character who will bring a lot to the front office in Building One. Congratulations all around on that selection. :thumb:

What was the reasoning? Just when you thought the Boyd - Ashland matchup was marquee with Biggs and Zornes going head to head.....so who are the front runners now

Could the lack of talent this year have weighed in on his decision. After watching them play this summer, this might be the weakest BC team in a long time. Good luck to Coach Zornes!!!

I'll throw some names out there but who knows:

1. Brock Walter

2. Dave Wooten

3. Brian Lemaster

4. Bill Bradley

5. Clay Euton

6. Jeff Hall

7. Randy Ward

8. Chris Barnes

9. Joda Burgess

10. Rick Griffith

Would his son be rule "eligible" for this type of move? :lol:

1. Brock Walter

2. Dave Wooten

3. Brian Lemaster

4. Bill Bradley

5. Clay Euton

6. Jeff Hall

7. Randy Ward

8. Chris Barnes

9. Joda Burgess

10. Rick Griffith

Well, perhaps if you had gone 11 deep on your list, you may have included the coach that Roger talked to about taking his place.:sssh: However, it wasn't supposed to transpire for another year or two, so Roger must be feeling poorly.

Best wishes to Coach Zornes.:thumb:

Also, this will be the weakest Boyd team in many years.

Well, perhaps if you had gone 11 deep on your list, you may have included the coach that Roger talked to about taking his place.:sssh: However, it wasn't supposed to transpire for another year or two, so Roger must be feeling poorly.

I don't think that Roger's pick will end up being the coach...

IMO, Roger is the 3rd Greatest Boys coach of all time in the 16th Region...

Not only is Boyd weak but this coming year might just be the weakest over all for the 16th Region. It will be another cake walk for Sandy Hook barring any injuries.

1. Brock Walter

2. Dave Wooten

3. Brian Lemaster

4. Bill Bradley

5. Clay Euton

6. Jeff Hall

7. Randy Ward

8. Chris Barnes

9. Joda Burgess

10. Rick Griffith

You have evryone but Ron Dixon.:banana:

And who might the 11th person be?