Zornes out at Boyd Co.

Are they allowed to hire nonteachers over teachers? Did the school board change its policy? I had a friend tell me it was in the school board policy that the basketball and football head coach had to be a certified teacher. I looked all over the online manual and it says it plain as day under the heading of paraprofessionals that the football and basketball head coach have to be certified teachers employed by the school system as part of the regular faculty. From what I understand DW does not have a teaching degree nor is he a member of the regular teaching faculty at BC. I think DW is a good coach but I honestly don't understand why his name is even in the mix due to the stipulations adopted by the board. Just food for thought, who knows what Boyd Co. will do.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The principal's decision for coach has been made for some time now. The posting and any interviews will be moot, regardless of who might apply.:confused:

Instead of searching for the best qualified person, it comes down to the good ol boy system. This is a shame. However, Boyd Co is far from the only school in our area that utilizies this system.:sssh:

After watching Boyd play this summer, it wouldnt matter if John Wooden or Dean Smith were hired as coaches. There team will have to improve leap and bounds to compete in the 16th region

The principal's decision for coach has been made for some time now. The posting and any interviews will be moot, regardless of who might apply.:confused:

Instead of searching for the best qualified person, it comes down to the good ol boy system. This is a shame. However, Boyd Co is far from the only school in our area that utilizies this system.:sssh:

Can you give us a name? :confused:

I would hate to be the one making this coaching decision because they are a lot of deserving people who put in for this job. You know I hate for kids to read on here were some adult wrote that there is not alot of talent coming back. Please think of the kids when writing something like that. It could be your kid that someone is writing about one of these days. Kids hear a lot of bad stuff wrote and said about them these days that should not be said. Let them work hard and enjoy the sport.

I would hate to be the one making this coaching decision because they are a lot of deserving people who put in for this job. You know I hate for kids to read on here were some adult wrote that there is not alot of talent coming back. Please think of the kids when writing something like that. It could be your kid that someone is writing about one of these days. Kids hear a lot of bad stuff wrote and said about them these days that should not be said. Let them work hard and enjoy the sport.

I don't think anyone is on here to intentionally put a kid or team down. :rolleyes:

No one is begrudging them the ability to work hard and enjoy the sport. But they ain't exactly Scott Co..

I agree that postings should not degrade the players. I know several talented players whom have said "I'm not playing this year because we are predicted to be terrible." This is after reading comments implying such. Please remember kids do read these comments!

I agree that postings should not degrade the players. I know several talented players whom have said "I'm not playing this year because we are predicted to be terrible." This is after reading comments implying such. Please remember kids do read these comments!
If any student-athlete, chooses to not play a sport, because they read, heard, assumed or thought, they weren't going to be competitive or good, then they had little desire to play in the first place.

Like most programs, talent levels vary across the State. Some have more returning than others.

This is a good ending point, for this one.