Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Ruling Based On Bylaws - By Wilson Sears

Featured Replies

I am pretty sure you meant 'eligible'. But wanted to verify.

 

You are correct. I mis-typed. Thanks for the correction.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might want to check the facts on these also. LC has voluntarily adopted the transfer rule for incoming freshmen. It has been in place for at least 3 years, maybe longer. So if a MS student does play in a varsity game for another high school they will have to sit out their freshmen year. I think this rule was formalized for all schools this year as an alternative to the insane prop 2.

 

It is a well known practice by the public schools in Fayette to 'taint' 7th and 8th grade students by playing them for only a short time in a varsity game during a season.

 

I don't know if the kid played varsity ball or not. I am pretty sure the 8th grader played JV. The other one did play varsity for Bryan Station I am pretty sure. I don't know if he will be able to get eligible or not. They may have to move to get him eligible like with Sanford.

He has both, sandwiched between thickly sliced bias bread This is classic Wilson Sears

Edited by KNIGHT RIDER
add on comment

He has both, sandwiched between thickly sliced bias bread This is classic Wilson Sears

 

Wilson retired over 6 months ago.....give it a rest.

Wilson retired over 6 months ago.....give it a rest.

 

He should probably give it a rest rather than taking up for the KHSAA who IMO continues to make 1 mistake after another.

He should probably give it a rest rather than taking up for the KHSAA who IMO continues to make 1 mistake after another.

 

He has given it a rest....he retired. This thread was started in June based on an article that Sears wote just before he retired.

With the rules being this fluid as is now it becomes a judgement call in a lot of situations and I think they are making the wrong judements too many times.

 

As for Lexington Catholic, they get transfers a lot and they are being ruled eligible. They got Sanford from Lafayette last year and Winston Guy after his sophomore year (I believe, thats what I had heard) and they got a good guard from Bryan Station coming this year. I don't know what his status is. I don't see anyone upset because these guys are getting to play. I sure am not upset about it.

 

I don't know how anybody from Bell Co can point fingers. How many kids from Tenn, Pineville, Middlesboro etc have moved in there over the years. What was Durell Whites deal? How did he end up there?

I don't know how anybody from Bell Co can point fingers. How many kids from Tenn, Pineville, Middlesboro etc have moved in there over the years. What was Durell Whites deal? How did he end up there?

 

:lol::lol:

 

Durrel White was born and raised in the county, not in Middlesboro. He was honestly not a very good athlete until he got to high school. When he was a senior he moved into Middlesboro and transferred. Durrel was a Bell Co. boy. Bell Co. have lost a lot of kids to Middlesboro. Jeremy Gordon, Dustin Cowan, and Justin Stewart who were all good athletes were in the Bell Co. school system throughout grade school and into middle school.

I don't know how anybody from Bell Co can point fingers. How many kids from Tenn, Pineville, Middlesboro etc have moved in there over the years. What was Durell Whites deal? How did he end up there?

 

My point has always been that they are inconsistent. The newspaper article in the Lexington Herald talked about several athletes who should be allowed to play ball. Another example I heard recently was Tate Cox transferred from June Buchanon to Knott Co. Cental without moving and became eligible. Now I am very happy for him. Hes a great player and deserves to play. Then I was talking to a friend who said that a kid named Tanner Shotwell who lives in Scott Co. transferred from LCA to Scott Co. without moving and he is not eligible. And the reason I heard was they could not sale their home and couldn't afford to travel back and forth everyday.

My point has always been that they are inconsistent. The newspaper article in the Lexington Herald talked about several athletes who should be allowed to play ball. Another example I heard recently was Tate Cox transferred from June Buchanon to Knott Co. Cental without moving and became eligible. Now I am very happy for him. Hes a great player and deserves to play. Then I was talking to a friend who said that a kid named Tanner Shotwell who lives in Scott Co. transferred from LCA to Scott Co. without moving and he is not eligible. And the reason I heard was they could not sale their home and couldn't afford to travel back and forth everyday.

 

What you "heard" or what you know? If you have been to their offices (the KHSAA) and reviewed the actual documents that the Commissioner, Hearing Officer or Board used to decide cases, then feel free to reach your conclusions. Unless you have copies of the documents in these cases (just like those that shoot at you and your Bell County cases), should you be posting information? Just because newspaper reports said it, doesn't make it fact. Especially from the news side of the papers. Again, I respect your facts and your rights to express them. But be sure they are facts. I have just seen too many times on sites like this where people express opinions as facts, and sooner or later, no one reads the retraction, but everyone read the original post as gospel.

What you "heard" or what you know? If you have been to their offices (the KHSAA) and reviewed the actual documents that the Commissioner, Hearing Officer or Board used to decide cases, then feel free to reach your conclusions. Unless you have copies of the documents in these cases (just like those that shoot at you and your Bell County cases), should you be posting information? Just because newspaper reports said it, doesn't make it fact. Especially from the news side of the papers. Again, I respect your facts and your rights to express them. But be sure they are facts. I have just seen too many times on sites like this where people express opinions as facts, and sooner or later, no one reads the retraction, but everyone read the original post as gospel.

 

I am pretty sure the June Buchanan/Tate Cox deal and the Tanner Shotwell deal is fact from what I have been told. There maybe more to the story, but thats what I had heard from someone close to the situation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.