What's the One Most Important Issue....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My, BGP P & R posters have a hard time following directions. Thread title has ONE most important issue. And we have people giving 3 or 4.:sssh:;):lol::p

For me,

1. Abortion

2. Supreme Court appointees that will fall to the favor of overturning Roe v Wade

My, BGP P & R posters have a hard time following directions. Thread title has ONE most important issue. And we have people giving 3 or 4.:sssh:;):lol::p

For me,

1. Abortion

2. Supreme Court appointees that will fall to the favor of overturning Roe v Wade

Is it a coincidence or irony that you put two in your post? :lol:

Would you be willing to elaborate on your top ranking?

We have created systems that are inherently unjust. There is a cycle of poverty in many areas that is perpetuated by the "invisible hand," and there are people who suffer BECAUSE of circumstances beyond their control.

I would love for us to live in a world where it is about "you" first and then me. I would love for us to live in a world where we are guided more by the sermon on the mount and less of the "man made" Protestant Work Ethic. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that, but it should never be an excuse for us to allow suffering in this world, REGARDLESS of the reason.

We have created systems that are inherently unjust. There is a cycle of poverty in many areas that is perpetuated by the "invisible hand," and there are people who suffer BECAUSE of circumstances beyond their control.

I would love for us to live in a world where it is about "you" first and then me. I would love for us to live in a world where we are guided more by the sermon on the mount and less of the "man made" Protestant Work Ethic. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that, but it should never be an excuse for us to allow suffering in this world, REGARDLESS of the reason.

I completely disagree, but that's a discussion for another thread.

The economy is always the number one issue. If the economy is going good people focus on other issues...

And that is sad that we put our wallets in front of people's lives, both born and unborn. I think this speaks greatly on why we are not as great of a country as we think we are.

The best country on the planet, no doubt, but not as great as we think we are.

Thanks to GWB, we are pretty much assured anything but stalemate over the next eight years, or longer. In addition to gaining the Oval Office, Democrats will make more gains in Congress as well.

The GOP ,whose reputation has been damaged by the Bush administration, is experiencing significant defections. Only 36% of Americans now say they are Republicans, compared to 55% who say they are Democrats.