Laid down my bike today

sportsfan41

Been riding for over a year now without any problems. Today was the first time I laid it down and I was lucky. Nothing major, just a sweet cut on my elbow. Was on a really narrow back road that was really steep. Person in front of me stopped, I had to stop on gravel near the top. Finally was able to go forward briefly just long enough make it hurt when I laid it down.

Luckily my friend was near by and was able to help me out. Hopefully this is my one and only incident, definitely would be ok with that.

What kind of bike do you own SF???

Kawasaki Vulcan, my parents ride and they bought another one so we could ride too if we wanted. My mom used to ride it but no longer does, step brother did before he messed up his back. Now it's just mine.

Would love to buy a Harley when I graduate college.

Kawasaki Vulcan, my parents ride and they bought another one so we could ride too if we wanted. My mom used to ride it but no longer does, step brother did before he messed up his back. Now it's just mine.

Would love to buy a Harley when I graduate college.

Ahhhh...your bike is motorized. Mine isn't. :lol:

I have witnessed 2 motorcycle wrecks first hand. The first guy died and the other one was flown out on a life copter to UK, but survived with 80% of his skin burnt off from the road. All I can say is, don't do anything stupid on your bike and wear the proper gear. After witnessing those two wrecks, I almost can't look at a bike anymore. I have been scarred for life from those two wrecks.

I have witnessed 2 motorcycle wrecks first hand. The first guy died and the other one was flown out on a life copter to UK, but survived with 80% of his skin burnt off from the road. All I can say is, don't do anything stupid on your bike and wear the proper gear. After witnessing those two wrecks, I almost can't look at a bike anymore. I have been scarred for life from those two wrecks.

I have witnessed my fair share of accidents as well, including one where I ltierally held the rider's intestines in for him.( he did survive). I can't seem to stay away from them, however.

Yea they can definitely be dangerous, I just ride because I enjoy the experience, I'm not a very agressive rider but love to ride.