Laid down my bike today

sportsfan41

My father in law use to own a motorcycle shop and gave me the best advice ever when I started riding. "Always remember the power that is between your legs and treat it with the utmost respect"

The bike folks.

Been riding for over a year now without any problems. Today was the first time I laid it down and I was lucky. Nothing major, just a sweet cut on my elbow. Was on a really narrow back road that was really steep. Person in front of me stopped, I had to stop on gravel near the top. Finally was able to go forward briefly just long enough make it hurt when I laid it down.

Luckily my friend was near by and was able to help me out. Hopefully this is my one and only incident, definitely would be ok with that.

Something very similar happened to a guy I work with Saturday. A car backed out of a driveway on a narrow road and he had to lay it down to keep from hitting it. He was very lucky, he had a pretty good cut on his forehead and some road rash on his hands but nothing major. It tore the bike up pretty good but he said he didn't know if he would ever ride again anyway.