Male 7 on 7

Pete W

Pretty good 7 on 7. My son plays for St. X and I was very impressed with the coaching staff from Western. They did a great job with their team and were very talented.
Especially considering Coach Boyd and the rest of his staff got hired in mid-May or later.

THSRocks - I did not know he was that new in the job. I love to see that kind of leadership and intensity. It is why I tell people all the time that Central was as well coached and organized as any team we played last year.

I want High School football in Louisville to be as good as possible and it seems that coaches getting support from their schools and being at those schools for an extended period is the way for that happen.

THSRocks - I did not know he was that new in the job. I love to see that kind of leadership and intensity. It is why I tell people all the time that Central was as well coached and organized as any team we played last year.

I want High School football in Louisville to be as good as possible and it seems that coaches getting support from their schools and being at those schools for an extended period is the way for that happen.

A big part of Central's success was that Coach Scroggins brought the discipline that was lacking in Central's program. Hopefully Coach Boyd and his staff can do the same at Western. Like Central, Western has the athletes to make a run in their class (4-A). They have won 10 games three times in the past five seasons, but IMO a lack of discipline has been a big cause to their early playoff exits. Western is also young, only three of the 14 seven on seven starters out there Saturday were seniors, two were freshmen.

thsrocks, anyone, did Hynes play at Male? I didn't make it out, if so how did he look?
He played, I only saw the Graves game though. Didn't look as good as advertised. several balls nosed into the ground in front of his WR's, could just be a bit rusty though. Did throw some nice ones as well, had some dropped too. Doesn't look like FC has as many quality skill players as last year. FC's D struggled with a less athletic Graves team. FC got a couple TD's by Hynes putting the ball up for grabs in the endzone and the FC players making plays. Graves was very percise, drove Bill White (FC's defensive coach) nuts. Looks like last year's FC team, can score points, but can't stop anyone either. He also played Friday, although I didn't see any of their games. Edited by thsrocks

How did the Lou. Central QB look? In comparison to leland Banks who started last year?
Believe it or not, Central might be overall MORE athletic than last year. QB throws just as good, if not better ball IMO than Banks, although in 7 on 7, that might be a bit skewed. He isn't bigger than Banks, but looks very patient in the pocket. Saw him last night at Central in a 7 on 7 as well. They got a little lazy/confused on defense vs. a good Doss team and Coach Scroggins got on them pretty good afterwards.

I don't know what they will have to go through out in the state to repeat, but they don't appear to be any less talented than last year. Noticed the linemen conditioning too, they still have some "rather large young men" up front.

Believe it or not, Central might be overall MORE athletic than last year. QB throws just as good, if not better ball IMO than Banks, although in 7 on 7, that might be a bit skewed. He isn't bigger than Banks, but looks very patient in the pocket. Saw him last night at Central in a 7 on 7 as well. They got a little lazy/confused on defense vs. a good Doss team and Coach Scroggins got on them pretty good afterwards.

I don't know what they will have to go through out in the state to repeat, but they don't appear to be any less talented than last year. Noticed the linemen conditioning too, they still have some "rather large young men" up front.

I was very impressed with Scorggins and how composed that team was... he seems to really be a fine young coach and has that program taking pride in themselves.

Belfry will definately be the early favorite in the East to return to Lousivlle, they return a ton of starters and more importantly playmakers.

I was very impressed with Scorggins and how composed that team was... he seems to really be a fine young coach and has that program taking pride in themselves.

Belfry will definately be the early favorite in the East to return to Lousivlle, they return a ton of starters and more importantly playmakers.

Their toughest trip last year in the playoffs was the long ride to Tilghman. If they happen to meet again this season, the game will be at "the Hive". Last year's Central/Belfry game really turned on that interception at the end of the half.

Their toughest trip last year in the playoffs was the long ride to Tilghman. If they happen to meet again this season, the game will be at "the Hive". Last year's Central/Belfry game really turned on that interception at the end of the half.

I have a feeling that under Scroggins lead, "the Hive" will soon become without a doubt one of the hardest areas in the state to go into and earn a victory. I also expect Central to build off last year's success and finally start receiving a sustained support from the community that ahd never been there before.

Central's crowd presence at the State Finals was large, loud, and proud.