Outrageous: Dems Block Drilling Plan

Guest Bluto

Guest Bluto

"House Subcommittee Rejects Plan to Open U.S. Waters to More Oil Exploration"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365627,00.html

"A House subcommittee has rejected a Republican-led effort to open up more U.S. coastal waters to oil exploration.

"Rep. John Peterson, R-Pa., spearheaded the effort. His proposal would open up U.S. waters between 50 and 200 miles off shore for drilling. The first 50 miles off shore would be left alone."

How high do these morons want oil prices to go before they allow us to start producing a greater supply of oil?????!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"House Subcommittee Rejects Plan to Open U.S. Waters to More Oil Exploration"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365627,00.html

"A House subcommittee has rejected a Republican-led effort to open up more U.S. coastal waters to oil exploration.

"Rep. John Peterson, R-Pa., spearheaded the effort. His proposal would open up U.S. waters between 50 and 200 miles off shore for drilling. The first 50 miles off shore would be left alone."

How high do these morons want oil prices to go before they allow us to start producing a greater supply of oil?????!!

How does it solve the problem to continue feeding the monster. The hunger will never be sated.

The question is how do we cut our dependence on oil period, not just foreign oil and . . .

New drilling in the US NOW will not bring down oil prices. Why drill if we are hoping to ween ourselves of our dependency

Guest Bluto
New drilling in the US NOW will not bring down oil prices. Why drill if we are hoping to ween ourselves of our dependency

I'm doing my best not to be sarcastic.

The BEST time to plant a tree: 15 years ago.

The NEXT BEST time to plant a tree: NOW.

The BEST time to start the process of drilling for oil: 15 years ago.

The NEXT BEST time to start the process of drilling for oil: NOW.

[bTW, 15 years ago was during Clinton's administration. A LITTLE BIT of foresight then would have helped right now.]

[bTW, 15 years ago was during Clinton's administration. A LITTLE BIT of foresight then would have helped right now.]

you are comparing drilling for oil to planting a tree???? oh irony . . .

Should we not be investing in alternative energy instead of "feeding the monster"

you are comparing drilling for oil to planting a tree???? oh irony . . .

Should we not be investing in alternative energy instead of "feeding the monster"

If you don't feed the monster, the monster will eat you.

Guest Bluto

How about........BOTH...?

:thumb::thumb: Well said my friend, well said.

How about........BOTH...?

What an idea Bluto :eek:, imagine that we could be doing both. But then, that would make way too much sense and people like Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, Boxer, Schumer, Feinstein, Kennedy just can't have that line of thought :p.

Besides, that might put Al Gore in some serious problems. I would had said would put him in the Insane Asylum but I am not so sure that he is not already a prime cantidate for that one.:sssh:

What an idea Bluto :eek:, imagine that we could be doing both. But then, that would make way too much sense and people like Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, Boxer, Schumer, Feinstein, Kennedy just can't have that line of thought :p.

Besides, that might put Al Gore in some serious problems. I would had said would put him in the Insane Asylum but I am not so sure that he is not already a prime cantidate for that one.:sssh:

Good to see you back around, OR! It's always good to debate with you. :thumb:

Who do we blame for term one of Pres. Bush's presidency, when republicans controlled both the presidency and the legislature?