Obama articulate?

John McCain has said himself that he doesn't know a lot about economics so what makes you think he will help the economy more than Obama?

Because nearly every economist in America is a conservative, and as liberal as Senator McCain is, Senator Obama makes him look conservative.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't articulate a "closet" racist comment? Do you ever hear it said in referring to a non-African American? You do here is mentioned when discussing J.C. Watts, Obama, Colin Powell and other African American leaders but rarely is that word ever used to describe a Caucasian American. Bill Clinton, one of the most revered speakers of our time wasn't called articulate neither was Ronald Reagan or any other President for that matter.

Google "Is articulate a racist word", and you will find that a lot of people feel that way.

I have just always thought the use of that word and the non use of it was interesting, in the way the press and public use it to describe only certain candidates.

BTW, I am not calling anyone on BGP a racist. Just making a commentary on the use of this word.

How does Mr. Webster define the word? He does not mention racism.

Reagan was accused of using his acting skills, how evil of him.

Because nearly every economist in America is a conservative, and as liberal as Senator McCain is, Senator Obama makes him look conservative.

John McCains voting record shows that he isn't as liberal as some claim. And the same can be said for Obama. Is they some economic standard or study that shows all of them are conservative?

John McCains voting record shows that he isn't as liberal as some claim. And the same can be said for Obama. Is they some economic standard or study that shows all of them are conservative?

I misspoke. What I meant to say is that most economists prefer to vote for the more conservative candidate because, based on economic theory, low taxes, less restrictions on trade, etc. are better for the economy.

Anyone who bases their vote on a few verbal faux pas should have their voting priviledges revoked.

Could not agree more. Both of these men (Obama and McCain) are very capable of leading the country. The campaign trail is a long and arduous path. Speaking errors will be made. No big deal.

We've agreed more often than you know. I just post more often when I disagree with someone. Agreeing is boring. :D

I personally think you are excellent poster in the political forum--very balanced. You offer nice political insight and maintain credibility without being hindered by undue bias.

I misspoke. What I meant to say is that most economists prefer to vote for the more conservative candidate because, based on economic theory, low taxes, less restrictions on trade, etc. are better for the economy.

Low taxes for whom? Millionaires?

I personally think you are excellent poster in the political forum--very balanced. You offer nice political insight and maintain credibility without being hindered by undue bias.

Thanks but I know a lot of people who would disagree with you, I live with 5 of them. :D I do much better when it's not tax season.

I was listening to XM radio (152) the other day and they played a snippet from a Micheal Dukakis (sp??) speech, then played a snippet from BHO (Brurrack Hussien Oh!!!bama) and low and behold they sounded almost the same. Maybe it is easy to sound smart when you are using somebody else's words.

And this guy is talking about CHANGE..........he can't even come up with fresh horses to run, he has to beat the old dead ones.

The problem is that we have no true "Statesmen" as we did in the past. There are no JFKs, FDRs, or even any Nixons out there. Oh how I long for the days of true political debates.

Originally Posted by The Scribe

Anyone who bases their vote on a few verbal faux pas should have their voting priviledges revoked.

Remember in 1960 many people thought that election may have been decided by the poor image Nixon had in the televised debate, while JFK looked much more relaxed and comfortable and the makeup did not hurt either, Nixon looked stiff and washed out. Also, in my mind, if you can't think on your feet and make sensible statements then you have some real problems, and the man with his finger on the trigger better be able to think on his feet.

I was listening to XM radio (152) the other day and they played a snippet from a Micheal Dukakis (sp??) speech, then played a snippet from BHO (Brurrack Hussien Oh!!!bama) and low and behold they sounded almost the same. Maybe it is easy to sound smart when you are using somebody else's words.And this guy is talking about CHANGE..........he can't even come up with fresh horses to run, he has to beat the old dead ones.

:rolleyes:

Why would he(Barack Hussein Obama) plagiarize Mike Dukakis?