Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood field

Featured Replies

Anyone know if the million dollar renovation has began at Beechwood yet?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Million Dollar Renovation? Wow!! That sounds pretty exciting. What all are they planning to do out there.?

Million Dollar Renovation? Wow!! That sounds pretty exciting. What all are they planning to do out there.?

 

From what I've heard they are going to put in a grass or possibly turf infield.

  • Author
Isn't it going to be called NovaCare Park..lol..jk

 

 

Got me there HJ:thumb: The school could be renamed when it is all said and done.

 

The plans call to move home plate into LF and hit towards the interstate w/the softball home plate in LF of the baseball field, inground dugouts, new bldg for storage, restrooms and concessions. Heard talk of turf, for 1.3 mill it better be turf on both fields.

Got me there HJ:thumb: The school could be renamed when it is all said and done.

 

The plans call to move home plate into LF and hit towards the interstate w/the softball home plate in LF of the baseball field, inground dugouts, new bldg for storage, restrooms and concessions. Heard talk of turf, for 1.3 mill it better be turf on both fields.

 

Just out of curiosity, how was this funded? Big donation from someone? Sounds like it is going to be impressive to say the least.

Just out of curiosity, how was this funded? Big donation from someone? Sounds like it is going to be impressive to say the least.

 

 

This post hints that it was funded by a certain Dr that has ties to Beechwood. I could be wrong. Am I close HJ?

 

 

Isn't it going to be called NovaCare Park..lol..jk

It's pretty obvious who it is...

Oh...gotcha now. Guess I was a little slow on the take with the Novacare comment. Wow, a million plus donation. Somebody's business must be doing real well . . . .

Just curious here.

 

Does it really matter on where the money came from? Beechwood is probably going to have one of the best fields in the area which they have not had in a sometime. How much money did Beechwood schools have to put up? If the answer is a big fat zero than why does it matter where the money came from? Also, didn't the majority of the money come from a fundraiser?

Just curious here.

 

Does it really matter on where the money came from? Beechwood is probably going to have one of the best fields in the area which they have not had in a sometime. How much money did Beechwood schools have to put up? If the answer is a big fat zero than why does it matter where the money came from? Also, didn't the majority of the money come from a fundraiser?

 

Just curious, sport. Take a breath. Anytime some school does a million dollar sports renovation project, I think people are naturally curious how it came about. I'm glad for Beechwood. Sounds like they are going to have the premier facility in NKY.

Now if they could only do something about the gym situation. 13 grades using 1 gym, come on now!

Now if they could only do something about the gym situation. 13 grades using 1 gym, come on now!

 

That school building has bigger issue than just a gym. They've got crumbling walls and teachers in closets.

Just curious, sport. Take a breath. Anytime some school does a million dollar sports renovation project, I think people are naturally curious how it came about. I'm glad for Beechwood. Sounds like they are going to have the premier facility in NKY.

 

I am fine.

 

I just do not understand why it makes a difference where the money comes from. I have a feeling if this was a couple of other schools school in NKY no one would have been "curious" like you say where the money comes from.

I am fine.

 

I just do not understand why it makes a difference where the money comes from. I have a feeling if this was a couple of other schools school in NKY no one would have been "curious" like you say where the money comes from.

 

And I couldn't disagree more. There's been numerous threads over the past few concerning schools who added/upgraded new facilities and one of the common issues discussed is how they were able to accomplish/afford what they did.

 

There is a big difference between wondering how a school got something like this accomplished and begrudging that school for getting such a facility. I certainly don't begrudge BHS, or any other school, for getting whatever they can. Heck, my son will likely get to play a couple of games on BHS's new field, so I hope it's the nicest field this side of GABP.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.