Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood field

Featured Replies

That school building has bigger issue than just a gym. They've got crumbling walls and teachers in closets.

 

If you are talking about the elementary school, a new building is planned/scheduled. The Baseball/Locker Complex must be completed first because the new Elementary will take the existing football locker room and weight room. The High School Building opened in 1987 or '88(I think) and an addition was completed in '04. So if those walls are crumbling and teachers are in closets there is a real problem. It just seems to me that you (nees1212) always to put your negative spin on anything BEECHWOOD.:irked:

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I couldn't disagree more. There's been numerous threads over the past few concerning schools who added/upgraded new facilities and one of the common issues discussed is how they were able to accomplish/afford what they did.

 

There is a big difference between wondering how a school got something like this accomplished and begrudging that school for getting such a facility. I certainly don't begrudge BHS, or any other school, for getting whatever they can. Heck, my son will likely get to play a couple of games on BHS's new field, so I hope it's the nicest field this side of GABP.

 

I guess my point is there are those on here that know exactly where the money came from and instead of stating it outright they want to beat around the bush and start drama that doesn't need to be started. Why can't those that are beating around the bush just state that there was a fundraiser and if I remember correctly it was a fundraising dinner that obviously brought in some big time people that have some big time money.

 

Like I said before there would be no "Where the money came from" conversation if this happened to a few certain high schools in NKY but because there have been posts on here regarding some problems with the sports medicine (I think it was on the football forum) personnel no longer being at Beechwood this has become a big deal (I think the NovaCare comment just shows that this rubs some people the wrong way). This is just my opinion. If I were Beechwood people I would just be happy that they are going to have a great baseball facility on their campus. I for one can't wait to see what the new million dollar renovations will look like.

If you are talking about the elementary school, a new building is planned/scheduled. The Baseball/Locker Complex must be completed first because the new Elementary will take the existing football locker room and weight room. The High School Building opened in 1987 or '88(I think) and an addition was completed in '04. So if those walls are crumbling and teachers are in closets there is a real problem. It just seems to me that you (nees1212) always to put your negative spin on anything BEECHWOOD.:irked:

 

How do I put negative spins on everything Beechwood? In another thread, I was simply asking about a player I saw on the football field and got bashed. In this thread, I simply stated they needed to put some attention to the school buildings before athletic facilities. I know teachers that work there, and I have heard their complaints. And yes, maybe I do have some negative feelings about Beechwood, but they deal with the superintendent and former principal, but not the students and athletic programs.

  • Author
How do I put negative spins on everything Beechwood? In another thread, I was simply asking about a player I saw on the football field and got bashed. In this thread, I simply stated they needed to put some attention to the school buildings before athletic facilities. I know teachers that work there, and I have heard their complaints. And yes, maybe I do have some negative feelings about Beechwood, but they deal with the superintendent and former principal, but not the students and athletic programs.

 

 

Man could we have a great conversation.

 

To put the who paid for question to rest, if you all think they raised this money at the Foundation Banquet, your'e nuts. If you think the good Dr/Novacare put up the money, your'e nuts times 10. They are suppose to be trying to raise the money. This is why I asked if they had started grading the field yet. If they have began work then I would assume they raised the money somehow.

 

As for the elem bldg, yes, it is falling apart according to a newsletter. It recieved the lowest grade a bldg can recieve by state officials. The school was to be recieving money from the state but that money has been frozen until '09, so I guess the bldg will fall down but they will have one of the nicest baseball fields and football fields to play on.

Man could we have a great conversation.

 

To put the who paid for question to rest, if you all think they raised this money at the Foundation Banquet, your'e nuts. If you think the good Dr/Novacare put up the money, your'e nuts times 10. They are suppose to be trying to raise the money. This is why I asked if they had started grading the field yet. If they have began work then I would assume they raised the money somehow.

 

As for the elem bldg, yes, it is falling apart according to a newsletter. It recieved the lowest grade a bldg can recieve by state officials. The school was to be recieving money from the state but that money has been frozen until '09, so I guess the bldg will fall down but they will have one of the nicest baseball fields and football fields to play on.

 

I thought alot of the money was raised from the Banquet. If that is incorrect than I was misinformed.

As for the elem bldg, yes, it is falling apart according to a newsletter. It recieved the lowest grade a bldg can recieve by state officials. The school was to be recieving money from the state but that money has been frozen until '09, so I guess the bldg will fall down but they will have one of the nicest baseball fields and football fields to play on.

 

My understanding is when it gets this grade, something about the state won't fund the fixes and therefore, a new school is usually built.

  • Author
I thought alot of the money was raised from the Banquet. If that is incorrect than I was misinformed.

 

 

$70,000 is a far cry from $1.3 million last time I checked.

$70,000 is a far cry from $1.3 million last time I checked.

 

;)I'm sure the good Doctor and NovaCare will close the gap quickly don't you think UNC-5? :lol:

The last I heard the school system was going to come up with the money for the building and field .Where did 1 million come from ? Last I heard it was about $600,000 .School board came up with a bond or something .Al the paper work is at Frankfort for approval ,which will take ?????? As soon as they get approval from the state it will begin .It has passed the first stage .I hear there is a Beechwood alum on the board in Frankfort so hopefully it will go quick .

 

The buliding will go in first then the field ,along with AC for the gym.Weight room -football locker room on first floor.Second floor is coaches offices ,baseball locker room with tunnel leading to dugout (yes first base ).Third floor press box for both fields .

 

The money being raised from the Athletic foundation will go to the purchase of weights and field equiptment ,FROM WHAT I HEAR .

  • Author
The last I heard the school system was going to come up with the money for the building and field .Where did 1 million come from ? Last I heard it was about $600,000 .School board came up with a bond or something .Al the paper work is at Frankfort for approval ,which will take ?????? As soon as they get approval from the state it will begin .It has passed the first stage .I hear there is a Beechwood alum on the board in Frankfort so hopefully it will go quick .

 

The buliding will go in first then the field ,along with AC for the gym.Weight room -football locker room on first floor.Second floor is coaches offices ,baseball locker room with tunnel leading to dugout (yes first base ).Third floor press box for both fields .

 

The money being raised from the Athletic foundation will go to the purchase of weights and field equiptment ,FROM WHAT I HEAR .

 

Let me try to shed some light on this w/out giving a dissertation, maybe.

 

Last mtg I heard about, the baseball/softball field complex would cost $1.3 million the way the original design was. This included 2 fields w/inground dugout(baseball only maybe) and a new bldg which would house maint. equip/restrooms and the concessions.

 

The bond you mention was a $2 million dollar bond from somewhere.

 

The bldg you talk about is suppose to be built on the existing tennis courts w/Athletic Foundation donated money. Believe me, nothing is going to be completed for football before anything else is completed. Main priority in regards to athletics is the baseball/softball fields and then the AC in the gym.

 

The tunnel you speak of will come out at the end of the bleachers of the FOOTBALL FIELD leading to the track/football field not the dugouts of the baseball field. I say all this not knowing if anything has changed in the last 3 weeks.:thumb:

Let me try to shed some light on this w/out giving a dissertation, maybe.

 

Last mtg I heard about, the baseball/softball field complex would cost $1.3 million the way the original design was. This included 2 fields w/inground dugout(baseball only maybe) and a new bldg which would house maint. equip/restrooms and the concessions.

 

The bond you mention was a $2 million dollar bond from somewhere.

 

The bldg you talk about is suppose to be built on the existing tennis courts w/Athletic Foundation donated money. Believe me, nothing is going to be completed for football before anything else is completed. Main priority in regards to athletics is the baseball/softball fields and then the AC in the gym.

 

The tunnel you speak of will come out at the end of the bleachers of the FOOTBALL FIELD leading to the track/football field not the dugouts of the baseball field. I say all this not knowing if anything has changed in the last 3 weeks.:thumb:

 

This all sounds impressive (seriously). I hope it happens for Beechwood. But given that it sounds like they have yet to even receive state approval, much less bid this work out for contract and begin and complete the construction, does it seem highly unlikely this field renovation could be accomplished in time for the 2009 season?

  • Author
This all sounds impressive (seriously). I hope it happens for Beechwood. But given that it sounds like they have yet to even receive state approval, much less bid this work out for contract and begin and complete the construction, does it seem highly unlikely this field renovation could be accomplished in time for the 2009 season?

 

The diagrams are absolutely beautiful but what you say is very true. Nothing has been approved yet and w/the recent evaluation of the elem bldg, why would the state approve such a plan for an athletic facility before the building of an educational facility especially if they will be using Bond money as someone stated earlier?

 

As coachg stated and I have been corrected, this new athletic facility is suppose to be built behind the home bench of the football field now. I did not hear anything about this but I stand corrected.

 

How ironic if this does not get approved and yet they lose a life long member of the Beechwood family, shame on them!

I am pretty sure that the 'where is the money coming from" question was just asking is it being funded by tax payer money or not, Am I correct Cooperstown? As this is a question always asked when huge amounts of money are being put into athletic complexes these days.

 

The last I heard there are a few tiers of improvements to the entire Beechwood campus. I think that the old high school, the current elementary building, will become the new administration offices/board of education building after renovations after the new elementary building is complete. That part of the school was built I believe in the late 20s or early 30s, it has a great look from the outside, but the inside has many issues.

 

I haven't seen any plans but I am not sure where the new elementary school will go. An additional gym is being planned, on top of the other athletic improvements such as the baseball and softball fields. Hopefully a more comfortable football bleachers as well, more room ;)

 

A community center or something is also planned.

I am pretty sure that the 'where is the money coming from" question was just asking is it being funded by tax payer money or not, Am I correct Cooperstown? As this is a question always asked when huge amounts of money are being put into athletic complexes these days.

 

Yes and no, I guess. Honestly, just curious how a million dollar project was being funded and if there were any special private donations - similar to the donation by the Borland family to help fund Ryle's new turf football field - or whether it was indeed a taxpayer funded project. To be clear, though, even if it was solely taxpayer funded, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

  • Author

I was told today that the proposal sent to Frankfort was turned down. Anyone know for sure if this is true or not?

 

Looks like alot of promises keep getting broken or put on the back burner!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.