Cory Farris selected 43rd round

Mississipi St.http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/426693.html

Thank you. I figured he would go back to his Alma Mater. He had been inching that way by staying in the SEC IMO. He went from being a head coach at a smaller Division I school and being successful there to an Assistant Coach at Florida then onto Kentucky. Good luck to him, he is a great coach and a great person. He has been successful wherever he has been.

Also, congrats to Cory. May he be successful in whatever he chooses.

Great kid. And very good player. I hope like heck he becomes the biggest star in MLB history. But the reality is that the number of players drafted in the 43rd round (or thereabouts) who went on to have successful pro careers are few and far between. IMO he'd be better served getting a quality education and honing his fine baseball skills at Lexington and hopefully get drafted much earlier next time.

Great decision. I'm sure it wasn't too hard of a decision for him.

I agree. Most of the late round picks in the MLB draft are done as a favor & seen as an honor. Very few HS players sign when they're drafted this late.

It's no different than when Tim Grogan got drafted in '02 or Stephen Muck in '04. A cool story, but not logical.

Nonetheless, congrats to Cory and I look forward to following him at Kentucky.