Greenup Co./Estill Co. Predictions

Greenup Co. will face Estill Co. in the best of three sectional starting on Wednesday, June 4th. What are everyones thoughts on this series?

I will pick Greenup Co. in two games. The Musketeers have breezed through their Distict and Regionals with all 5 inning (10 run rule) wins.

Good luck to both teams. :thumb:

Greenup will win this one in 5 inn. Take it to the bank.

If Estill County's Freeman is healthy, I wouldn't be so sure of that. I think you may not be giving the Engineers enough credit. They have a solid team. And I don't think Greenup will take any of the games with them as an easy win. If they do, then the sectional may be as far as they get.

GC in 2, Estill only has 2 loses but hasnt played the competition GC has.

Estill County, because of their location in the 14th region, plays a lot of Bluegrass area competition. I wouldn't say that Madison Central, George Rogers Clark, Montgomery County, Henry Clay, Harrison County, etc, are not "competition". The two games they lost this season were from this list, Harrison County and Henry Clay. And even though they lost those games, they still played them and gained the experience of playing two very good teams. That's competition IMO.

I picked GCHS in two games as well.

However, I must say I'll bet that Estill Co. hopes that the GC players go into this series with the same over confidence and looking past them as some of the post/comments on here. :sssh::D

Even though I think GC's district isnt up to par like in the past, with wins over Wheelersburg and Boyd twice I think Greenup will win in 2 games but the scores will be closer than some think. Either way a win is a win. Good Luck GC.

Estill County is funamentally sound, has solid pitching, and a good defense. If they can get some timely hits, I think they could win a game in the series.

Greenup County has been on a mission all year though after making it to Applebees last year. Could be a great match up with Lawrence County in the elite 8 if both do what they are expected to do in the semi-state.

Game one GC throws Heineman should be a win. #2,#3, & #4 pitcher for GC I hope are up for the challenge. I have not been impressed with Greenslate (they were wins though) the last two outings, maybe due not having enough mound in between games. The last outing he gave up 6 or 7 hits to Russell, couple of them being doubles. I am sure GC pitching coaches will have the pitchers in the position to do thier best. GC should be back to Applebees regardless who they throw.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Greenup Co. will face Estill Co. in the best of three sectional starting on Wednesday, June 4th. What are everyones thoughts on this series?

I will pick Greenup Co. in two games. The Musketeers have breezed through their Distict and Regionals with all 5 inning (10 run rule) wins.

Good luck to both teams. :thumb:

Just a slight correction: Boyd Co. was a 4-0 win, not a ten run game. Logan Helms pitched a super game against the Muskies. Were it not for an errant throw to first that hit Billy Logan in the back after he struck out in the first inning and the catcher dropped the ball, the score would have been 0-0 going into the 6th.

I'm not sure if it'll be 2 or 3 games, but I think GC will win this because of pitching. Not only do they have Heineman, who is one of the best in the state, but they also have Greenslate and Martin. Those are three quality pitchers. They also have Hardin and Scaggs, both of whom have thrown very well this year. GC pitching has allowed an average of 1.35 runs per game in the last 20 games. Not earned runs, that's runs PERIOD! Great pitching and great defense, along with the way GC can hit from top to bottom in their lineup, with plenty more quality players on the bench, will make GC hard to handle. GC has a great shot at making it to Applebees. :thumb:

One final thought to ALL of the teams that are left: I'm tired of seeing kids who love this game not having fun playing it because of the adults, coaches and parents alike. Remember, it's a GAME. Have fun and enjoy the ride. It'll be over all too soon, especially for the seniors. Good luck to both teams, although my heart is with GC. :ylsuper:

Just a slight correction: Boyd Co. was a 4-0 win, not a ten run game. Logan Helms pitched a super game against the Muskies. Were it not for an errant throw to first that hit Billy Logan in the back after he struck out in the first inning and the catcher dropped the ball, the score would have been 0-0 going into the 6th.

I'm not sure if it'll be 2 or 3 games, but I think GC will win this because of pitching. Not only do they have Heineman, who is one of the best in the state, but they also have Greenslate and Martin. Those are three quality pitchers. They also have Hardin and Scaggs, both of whom have thrown very well this year. GC pitching has allowed an average of 1.35 runs per game in the last 20 games. Not earned runs, that's runs PERIOD! Great pitching and great defense, along with the way GC can hit from top to bottom in their lineup, with plenty more quality players on the bench, will make GC hard to handle. GC has a great shot at making it to Applebees. :thumb:

One final thought to ALL of the teams that are left: I'm tired of seeing kids who love this game not having fun playing it because of the adults, coaches and parents alike. Remember, it's a GAME. Have fun and enjoy the ride. It'll be over all too soon, especially for the seniors. Good luck to both teams, although my heart is with GC. :ylsuper:

Thanks for the correction, I had forgotten about the Boyd Co. game.

As for the bolded part I agree 100%, I started this thread and am not a GC or EC fan. I a pulling for GCHS in that they are representing the 63rd District and 16th Region.

I agree with you and hope that the fans and parents will do their job and that job is to...............Let the Players play the game, the Coaches coach and the Umpires call the game. The fans and parents job is to support their team and kids with class.

Good luck to both teams and may both stay injury free. :thumb: