Best in 2011

You all will have to excuse me, but I thought Euton, Jackson and Guyn were all going to be juniors in the class of 2010. Fantastic talents to be sure, but a year ahead of the boys in this thread.

As far as the class of 2011 it would be hard to go wrong with Ryan Fucci, Marcellus Barksdale, Robbie Barber, Robbie Stenzel, Scott Schuette, Neal Pawsatt, Jake Geisler, Timmy Knipp, Jordan Gilbert, Treg Setty, Tony Kimbro, Kyle and Luke King.

I don’t doubt that other names will bubble to the top over the next couple of seasons, but I honestly believe that every one of the boys listed above have the potential to play beyond high school.

I am going to show my N Ky bias and add Trevan Brown and Travis Montgomery from Boone, Jake Thelen from CovCath, Kellen Smith from Scott and Matt Trammel from Dixie.

I think these players are deserve to be mentioned with the players named above.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Fucci & Marcellus Barksdale (Tates Creek). Neal Pawsett (Mason County). Vinny Zollo and Robbie Stenzel (GRC). Brandon Wilder (Henry Clay). Tony Kimbro (Manual) - but not sure if he is still in KY. Scott Schuette (LexCath). The twins from Deming. Robbie Barber (not sure if 2011 or 2012). Many others I am sure.

Jaylen Daniel (Clark Co.)

I'm not too familiar with Guyn and Pittman has a nice stroke. It would be great if Pittman could improve his ball handling.

I have seen Pittman play for the players and he has improved immensely and will be another great force for Holmes next year.

You all will have to excuse me, but I thought Euton, Jackson and Guyn were all going to be juniors in the class of 2010. Fantastic talents to be sure, but a year ahead of the boys in this thread.

As far as the class of 2011 it would be hard to go wrong with Ryan Fucci, Marcellus Barksdale, Robbie Barber, Robbie Stenzel, Scott Schuette, Neal Pawsatt, Jake Geisler, Timmy Knipp, Jordan Gilbert, Treg Setty, Tony Kimbro, Kyle and Luke King.

I don’t doubt that other names will bubble to the top over the next couple of seasons, but I honestly believe that every one of the boys listed above have the potential to play beyond high school.

Great list, all these players have such great versatility. IMO this is what makes them the top of 2011. :thumb:

Ryan Fucci & Marcellus Barksdale (Tates Creek). Neal Pawsett (Mason County). Vinny Zollo and Robbie Stenzel (GRC). Brandon Wilder (Henry Clay). Tony Kimbro (Manual) - but not sure if he is still in KY. Scott Schuette (LexCath). The twins from Deming. Robbie Barber (not sure if 2011 or 2012). Many others I am sure.

Last I hear Zollo has not moved any where yet? Or are you just wishing he goes to GRC!

I know we've all heard it before but Michael Jordan got cut his sophomore season in high school. I realize kids are maturing faster (so people think) and everything else but these guys are just 15 or 16 years old. It's fun to speculate but I have a pretty good feeling that there will be 5-10 new players that we're talking about in 2-3 years and 5-10 of these guys will just be marginal. They all have plenty of growth and maturing ahead not to mention the stress of playing up to so many people's crazy expectations.

I know we've all heard it before but Michael Jordan got cut his sophomore season in high school. I realize kids are maturing faster (so people think) and everything else but these guys are just 15 or 16 years old. It's fun to speculate but I have a pretty good feeling that there will be 5-10 new players that we're talking about in 2-3 years and 5-10 of these guys will just be marginal. They all have plenty of growth and maturing ahead not to mention the stress of playing up to so many people's crazy expectations.

All I can say is that Jordan's high school must have had tremendous athletes! :D