Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best in 2011

Featured Replies

Timmy Knipp, Elliott County. May end up being the biggest recruit from the state out of this class.

 

Needs to get in the hustle mode!

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too familiar with the 2011 class outside of Northern Kentucky, but personally I think the 2010 class is a little stronger. With players like Euton, Jackson, the Johnson brothers, Sewell. It's tough to amount to that.

 

Some of these players haven't proven anything yet but still get a lot of hype. Why?

Some of these players haven't proven anything yet but still get a lot of hype. Why?

 

 

 

Jackson and Euton have both proven theirselves in the AAU circuit, and the Johnson brothers took their team to state along with Arrez Henderson. Sewell really hasn's proven himself, I think going to a big school like Trinity, he will prove himself nixt year

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Jackson and Euton have both proven theirselves in the AAU circuit, and the Johnson brothers took their team to state along with Arrez Henderson. Sewell really hasn's proven himself, i think going to a big school like Trinity, he will prove himself nixt year

 

I'm sorry , I guess the regular high school ball season doesn't count anymore. AAU is our only source of evaluation of a high school ball player. As I mentioned before ,AAU is a very expensive form of street ball where in most cases , first come first serve.

Some of these players haven't proven anything yet but still get a lot of hype. Why?

 

I think you need to look at the players mentioned and re-evaluate this statement. The Johnson Brothers and Pittman of Holmes led them to the state championship along side Arrez Henderson and all 3 started in the state championship game. Johnson and Pittman both averaged double figures in the state tournament and Pittman did it while coming off the bench.

 

Guyn, Euton, and Jackson have all 3 proved themselves against tough competition both in high school and AAU.

 

What school does Guyn go to? I also think Pittman has a bit of an attitude which usually doesn't come out of one of Henley's players. I think it really hurts him when he lets his emotions get in the way of the game.

 

Guyn goes to Scott Co. 6'3 guard who is already getting D1 looks. I wouldn't say Pittman has an attitude problem, but is a very "confident/cocky" player who plays with a lot of emotion which isn't a bad thing some times. He is still somewhat immature so it will get better with age.

 

The Johnson brothers both handle themselves very well both on the court and off. Very respectable and show class at all times. They seem very mature for only being 15/16 yr old kids.

I think you need to look at the players mentioned and re-evaluate this statement. The Johnson Brothers and Pittman of Holmes led them to the state championship along side Arrez Henderson and all 3 started in the state championship game. Johnson and Pittman both averaged double figures in the state tournament and Pittman did it while coming off the bench.

 

Guyn, Euton, and Jackson have all 3 proved themselves against tough competition both in high school and AAU.

 

 

 

Guyn goes to Scott Co. 6'3 guard who is already getting D1 looks. I wouldn't say Pittman has an attitude problem, but is a very "confident/cocky" player who plays with a lot of emotion which isn't a bad thing some times. He is still somewhat immature so it will get better with age.

 

The Johnson brothers both handle themselves very well both on the court and off. Very respectable and show class at all times. They seem very mature for only being 15/16 yr old kids.

 

The Johnson brothers are role models at Holmes. I Garuntee plenty of peolpe look up to them on and of the court.

The Johnson brothers are role models at Holmes. I Garuntee plenty of peolpe look up to them on and of the court.

 

Very true. I hear nothing but great things about those young men whenever I speak to anyone on the coaching staff down there.

Very true. I hear nothing but great things about those young men whenever I speak to anyone on the coaching staff down there.

 

Rico especially seems to be a nice young man.

I think you need to look at the players mentioned and re-evaluate this statement. The Johnson Brothers and Pittman of Holmes led them to the state championship along side Arrez Henderson and all 3 started in the state championship game. Johnson and Pittman both averaged double figures in the state tournament and Pittman did it while coming off the bench.

 

Guyn, Euton, and Jackson have all 3 proved themselves against tough competition both in high school and AAU.

 

 

 

Guyn goes to Scott Co. 6'3 guard who is already getting D1 looks. I wouldn't say Pittman has an attitude problem, but is a very "confident/cocky" player who plays with a lot of emotion which isn't a bad thing some times. He is still somewhat immature so it will get better with age.

 

The Johnson brothers both handle themselves very well both on the court and off. Very respectable and show class at all times. They seem very mature for only being 15/16 yr old kids.

 

I don't think Guyn is 6'3"

I don't think Guyn is 6'3"

 

Guyn is 6'3". What size do you think he is? Coach Hicks has said he fully expects Gelawn to play major division 1 basketball.

Guyn is 6'3". What size do you think he is? Coach Hicks has said he fully expects Gelawn to play major division 1 basketball.

 

Saw him two weekends ago, and he just didn't look as tall as other 6'3" kids I know. I would have guessed about 6'2" at the tallest. So is he only an inch shorter than Chad Jackson?

You all will have to excuse me, but I thought Euton, Jackson and Guyn were all going to be juniors in the class of 2010. Fantastic talents to be sure, but a year ahead of the boys in this thread.

 

As far as the class of 2011 it would be hard to go wrong with Ryan Fucci, Marcellus Barksdale, Robbie Barber, Robbie Stenzel, Scott Schuette, Neal Pawsatt, Jake Geisler, Timmy Knipp, Jordan Gilbert, Treg Setty, Tony Kimbro, Kyle and Luke King.

 

I don’t doubt that other names will bubble to the top over the next couple of seasons, but I honestly believe that every one of the boys listed above have the potential to play beyond high school.

You all will have to excuse me, but I thought Euton, Jackson and Guyn were all going to be juniors in the class of 2010. Fantastic talents to be sure, but a year ahead of the boys in this thread.

 

As far as the class of 2011 it would be hard to go wrong with Ryan Fucci, Marcellus Barksdale, Robbie Barber, Robbie Stenzel, Scott Schuette, Neal Pawsatt, Jake Geisler, Timmy Knipp, Jordan Gilbert, Treg Setty, Tony Kimbro, Kyle and Luke King.

 

I don’t doubt that other names will bubble to the top over the next couple of seasons, but I honestly believe that every one of the boys listed above have the potential to play beyond high school.

 

A very good selection!!!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper:

Thanks Dawg, and my apologies to the next dozen kids I didn’t list. These are just the top baker’s dozen I’ve seen in action over the past couple of seasons. Nine of them earned significant varsity minutes as freshmen for their school teams, and I believe that over half on my list are grade exceptions. It shows in their mental maturity on the court. The best part is that only about six of them are showing real signs of physical maturity, so there should be plenty of room for growth and development as these kids mature. This will be a fun class to watch for sure.

You all will have to excuse me, but I thought Euton, Jackson and Guyn were all going to be juniors in the class of 2010. Fantastic talents to be sure, but a year ahead of the boys in this thread.

 

As far as the class of 2011 it would be hard to go wrong with Ryan Fucci, Marcellus Barksdale, Robbie Barber, Robbie Stenzel, Scott Schuette, Neal Pawsatt, Jake Geisler, Timmy Knipp, Jordan Gilbert, Treg Setty, Tony Kimbro, Kyle and Luke King.

 

I don’t doubt that other names will bubble to the top over the next couple of seasons, but I honestly believe that every one of the boys listed above have the potential to play beyond high school.

 

I would add Travis Montgomery and Trevan Brown of Boone County High School.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.