What should the Reds do with Adam Dunn?

What should the Reds do with Dunn?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Reds do with Dunn?

• Sign him to a long term contract. Griffey will be gone, and they need his production
    • Trade him, and get some prospects
    • Let him walk at the end of the year, and get basically nothing for him.

Do you think it's all Dunn's fault the reds havent won while he's been here? Do you think he likes losing? In order to win at the Major League level you need quality pitching. The reds are finally getting some quality pitching at the Major League level but it is still young. You have to give it time to develop in order to see results. Beginning next year you can judge based on win's and losses. Then Volquez and Cueto will both have a years experience to go along with Harang and Arroyo as quality pitchers. The hitting will be fine, pitching wins championships.

Yeah just forget about the last 8 years. I am so tired of the wait till next year mentality.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just forget about the last 8 years. I am so tired of the wait till next year mentality.

Its hard to win when you don't develop home grown pitching. The GM's before Krivsky apparently didn't know that because they didn't have an eye for talent. The Farm System was awful before Krivsky came and now it's considered one of the best in baseball. Just take a look at Tampa Bay. They were awful for so long, now their home grown players are finally coming through the system and look at the success.

If the Reds put 13-15 million into Dunn over 4-6 years they will go nowhere. They wont even be able to resign Votto, Volquez, Cueto, or Bruce. Is and always will be a smaller market team.

The new ownership wants to win. They have said many times that the payroll will increase. It increased from last year to this year and I expect more of the same next season.

The new ownership wants to win. They have said many times that the payroll will increase. It increased from last year to this year and I expect more of the same next season.

Please. The Reds can't play hardball with the big boys when it comes to payroll. The number 1 dynamic that needs to be talked about here is economics.

Please. The Reds can't play hardball with the big boys when it comes to payroll. The number 1 dynamic that needs to be talked about here is economics.

Just because they can't have a 200 Million dollar payroll doesn't mean they can't compete. Even if they don't increase payroll next year at all, they could still resign Dunn because Griffey's contract will be gone. I'm confident that the payroll will increase to 80-90 million and that's plenty for the reds to compete.

I will give you Cordero, Mr. Castallini made a statement signing which I really appreciate. However, I don't see our payroll ever going up to a Chicago, Philly, which is what would we would need to keep Dunn and the other young studs that we have. Most of our young guys right now are making less than a Mill. They are gonna wanna be paid.

You should vote:thumb:

I want to, but there needs to be a little side note next to one, it needs to say that if we can get him about 3 or 4 million cheaper, sign him. Reluctantly, right now my vote goes for let him walk or a possible trade, a good trade.

Its hard to win when you don't develop home grown pitching. The GM's before Krivsky apparently didn't know that because they didn't have an eye for talent. The Farm System was awful before Krivsky came and now it's considered one of the best in baseball. Just take a look at Tampa Bay. They were awful for so long, now their home grown players are finally coming through the system and look at the success.

Tampa Bay. Good example. Some how they are winning without a guy that will go 40/100/100. Can't be.:sssh:

I will give you Cordero, Mr. Castallini made a statement signing which I really appreciate. However, I don't see our payroll ever going up to a Chicago, Philly, which is what would we would need to keep Dunn and the other young studs that we have. Most of our young guys right now are making less than a Mill. They are gonna wanna be paid.

You have to remember that the reds have control of all these young players for quite some time. By that time some of the larger contracts on the team will be gone. You can't expect Patterson's 3 million to be around long. Arroyo makes a good chunk of change and will likely be gone when his contract is up because of the talent in the organization. Same thing with David Ross and Alex Gonzalez, and even Ryan Freel. All those little contracts that really shouldn't have been signed add up. If you take that into account as well the possibility of a payroll increase, the reds have the ability to sign the young players if they are smart about it.