What should the Reds do with Adam Dunn?

What should the Reds do with Dunn?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Reds do with Dunn?

• Sign him to a long term contract. Griffey will be gone, and they need his production
    • Trade him, and get some prospects
    • Let him walk at the end of the year, and get basically nothing for him.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not make any difference if they score 13 runs, they still lose the game because of sorry pitching.

Fact is they have scored 3 or less runs in 39 games and only have won 5 of those, when will people realize that the O is equally if not more to blame for their poor record.

OK we are exactly at the halfway point in the season. If Dunn stays on the torrid pace he has been on for the 2nd half, these will be his numbers.

HR-36

RBI-88

R--80

BB- 126

SO- 168

40/100/100??

Now does he improve in the 2nd half to approach those magical numbers? Or does he continue his latest trend, and he comes in even worse than the projection? I really hope we don't get to find out:irked:

I think you have to keep him. With the young prospects being up and producing (Bruce, Kepp, Votto, Janish), the Reds will be able to let a lot of the older guys go who are in the last year of their contract, including Griffey, which will free up a lot of money. The Reds can afford to give Dunn a big contract and go get some pitching considering none of the younger guys contracts will be that much.

Also having Dunn's bat in the lineup is more important than some think. It forces pitchers to pitch to Bruce and Phillips.

When Griffey is gone, I look for the lineup to look like this:

Freel CF

Bruce RF

Phillips 2nd

Dunn LF

Votto 1b

Encanacion 3rd

Keppinger SS

Ross C

Oh yeah, I've really noticed recently how intimidated these pitchers are of done while they're throwing their breaking balls down and in and he's whiffing. I'm sure they're really feeling like they better give Bruce and Phillips something to hit, because they sure won't be able to get past Dunn.