Joel Osteen tells Homosexual group, No, there action is a sin.

So, by disagreeing with them and telling them homosexuality is a sin, he is bashing them.

I think some of you have an erroneous view of Christianity. A Christian is not commanded to be politically correct. I don't think it requires any stretch to believe that God would prefer us to tell the truth rather than lie, sugarcoat, or dance around the issue to keep from "hurting someone's feelings".

As for this particular issue, it was a group of professing Christians that came to Osteen. Don't be mad because the answer wasn't what you wanted.

So, by disagreeing with them and telling them homosexuality is a sin, he is bashing them.

I think some of you have an erroneous view of Christianity. A Christian is not commanded to be politically correct. I don't think it requires any stretch to believe that God would prefer us to tell the truth rather than lie, sugarcoat, or dance around the issue to keep from "hurting someone's feelings".

As for this particular issue, it was a group of professing Christians that came to Osteen. Don't be mad because the answer wasn't what you wanted.

:thumb:

I watch Joel from time to time and he does make me feel better. Never has it entered my mind he could be gay. As I said in a previous post I give one of his sermons credit for me having the job I now have.

I like Olsteen he does a good job of lifting you up. I just wished he used more scripture in his pep talks.

Osteen is a very good and very successful motivational speaker. I just watched an interview he did with CBS and he said he didn't feel like people needed to be hit over the head and told what they are doing wrong. He is unapologetic about the lack of scripture in his message. Osteen has been accused by many Christians of diluting and "dumbing-down" God's message. His "Prosperity Gospel" is working just fine for him. Why should he change ? His message is very "New Age."

That too is true, religion is not to be politcally correct. God is not respector of people.

Right is right and wrong is wrong... No gray...

I watch Joel from time to time and he does make me feel better. Never has it entered my mind he could be gay. As I said in a previous post I give one of his sermons credit for me having the job I now have.

I don't know him nor have listened to him... Didn't know that much about him until now.:lol:

Osteen is a very good and very successful motivational speaker. I just watched an interview he did with CBS and he said he didn't feel like people needed to be hit over the head and told what they are doing wrong. He is unapologetic about the lack of scripture in his message. Osteen has been accused by many Christians of diluting and "dumbing-down" God's message. His "Prosperity Gospel" is working just fine for him. Why should he change ? His message is very "New Age."

I understand why he doesn't I just think if he would reference some more scripture it would be help to us who are trying too understand and apply it to life.

Ezekiel3

Warning to Israel

16 At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me: 17 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18 When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for [a] his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.

Some of you hold that Christians should not teach on sin. I think this Scripture speaks differently.

His sermons for national television are that way.

His sermon that I went to at Cincinnati was FILLED with Scripture.

His church's website and what appears they do on Wednesday night and in small groups is different approach than what he does in his sermon.

And it probably is a good recipe. His sermon is set to entice people into a good Bible-based church (That his what he encourages people to do at the end of each of his church's shows) and then give them the meat of the message.

His tv sermons are just the appetizers and you wouldn't want to live on potato skins, cheese sticks and nachos.

His church's messages in small groups seem to be different.