Ron Reed named Russell Girl Coach

Don't you think that would be kind of tough for Cassity considering he wanted the head coaching position?

I have heard that Cassidy and Reed have remained good friends over the years and also Reeds daughter and Cassidy are friends. Shouldn't be a problem and it may be instrumental in getting new girls out to the team. Cassidy is well known and liked by the girls at Russell as a lot of them have played for him in one sport or another over the years. Reeds daughter is also well liked by the girls. Hopefully , between the three they will get something positive going for the girls program. But what about the assistants that Kidwell had ? Did they go with him?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Kidwell IMO did not get out, he simply applied for a job and got it. I believe if not he would have stayed on girls coach and done a great job!

Didn't mean anything bad by that comment about Kidwell, he advanced himself. I think Kidwell will do fine with the boys but he knew when to leave. I will say the same for the Kittens, if they don't go to Diddle this year then Bradley will probably step down. He is a very good coach but that is my prediction.

Didn't mean anything bad by that comment about Kidwell, he advanced himself. I think Kidwell will do fine with the boys but he knew when to leave. I will say the same for the Kittens, if they don't go to Diddle this year then Bradley will probably step down. He is a very good coach but that is my prediction.

Madeleine , after I have read several threads on here, I'm really curious. Are you the self-appointed Swammy of BGP ? Or just the Allakhzam of guess ?:lol:

Why do you say this. Unless something unforeseen happens I see Bradley coaching til retirement. From what I've seen, Bradley truly loves the game of basketball and the girls at Ashland. Also Bradley has done a good job of building the Ashland program from the the Ashland elementary schools and Verity up throught the high school. With the young talent in the pipeline, the Kittens should be contenders for the next 4 or 5 years. Why would he leave?

I have never said that Bradley didn't love Basketball and the Ashland girls. I have my reasons for stating this and I believe that I am justified by my statements.

I am not always right on my predictions. I am just about 90%.

Bradley is a great person. When he first took this group of girls they steadily progressed into a good team. This was a five year process for this current group of girls. Trust me, he will not spend another five years nor will he be there for the current crop of 7th and 8th graders by the time they are High Schoolers. Good Luck to Russell and Reed and Ashland and Bradley.

My comments are not degrading in nature and I hope that they are not taken that way but I stand by my posts. :thumb:

I have never said that Bradley didn't love Basketball and the Ashland girls. I have my reasons for stating this and I believe that I am justified by my statements.

I am not always right on my predictions. I am just about 90%.

Bradley is a great person. When he first took this group of girls they steadily progressed into a good team. This was a five year process for this current group of girls. Trust me, he will not spend another five years nor will he be there for the current crop of 7th and 8th graders by the time they are High Schoolers. Good Luck to Russell and Reed and Ashland and Bradley.

My comments are not degrading in nature and I hope that they are not taken that way but I stand by my posts. :thumb:

I read nothing degrading about your posts. But Bradley will be the Ashland coach for the next 5 to 7 years, (if it is up to him - remember no coaching job is secure). You are entitled to your opinion, but in this case my sources are better than yours - GUARANTEED!:p

I read nothing degrading about your posts. But Bradley will be the Ashland coach for the next 5 to 7 years, (if it is up to him - remember no coaching job is secure). You are entitled to your opinion, but in this case my sources are better than yours - GUARANTEED!:p

I never claimed that I had any sources.

Heard Kayla Parsley and two girls from Ironton have won the Gus Macker tourney in Ironton and Zanesville. Will she be at Russell next year or will these three stay together at Ironton. She has also been seen at Irontons open gyms.

Edited by spindoc
rule #13 violation