Lee Co. 8 Powell Co. 0

I don’t find It that surprising........Josh Drake Beat Powell twice last year and Lee Co didn’t pitch him against Powell any during the regular season this year just for this purpose. Lee Co has a great young team and they have had their ups and downs but all in all this is a pretty good team and people shouldn’t take it as a surprise. Congratulations Lee Co. and good luck the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t find It that surprising........Josh Drake Beat Powell twice last year and Lee Co didn’t pitch him against Powell any during the regular season this year just for this purpose. Lee Co has a great young team and they have had their ups and downs but all in all this is a pretty good team and people shouldn’t take it as a surprise. Congratulations Lee Co. and good luck the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should be a surprise with the way the Pirates handled Lee in the regular season, however, Drake is a tough pitcher, and Lee is a team that is plenty capable of competing with the Pirates, just wasn't expecting a Bobcat victory of 8 runs.

Drake is very crafty and Powell just wasn't ready to play! Second year in a row Powell doesn't make it to the regional tourney. How long has it been since that happened?

Yeah, but in the past Estill hasnt been in the district either. Bringing them in the mix makes it tough.

Yeah, but in the past Estill hasnt been in the district either. Bringing them in the mix makes it tough.

Who was in Powell's district before Estill moved to the 56th? I'm assuming Lee and Owsley, but was there someone else?

Who was in Powell's district before Estill moved to the 56th? I'm assuming Lee and Owsley, but was there someone else?

It was

Lee

Wolfe

Powell

Owsley

Lee, Powell, and Owsley got a bad deal.......getting rid of Wolfe and getting Estill

It was

Lee

Wolfe

Powell

Owsley

Lee, Powell, and Owsley got a bad deal.......getting rid of Wolfe and getting Estill

Agreed, Owsley and Lee gets two of the largest schools in the region. (both should be in bluegrass regions) and Wolfe County gets put in a district with Breathitt County and traditional powers Jackson City and Riverside.:D

Agreed, Owsley and Lee gets two of the largest schools in the region. (both should be in bluegrass regions) and Wolfe County gets put in a district with Breathitt County and traditional powers Jackson City and Riverside.:D

Anyone know the sizes of the schools mentioned for comparison purposes?