Lee Co. 8 Powell Co. 0

Powell has close to 800 kids and it doesn't matter rather Estill is in the District or not! Powell hasn't went 2 years in a row and it has had nothing to do with Estill. If they beat Lee last year in the regular season then they don't play Estill until the finals and make the regional tourney. Powell outnumbers Lee better than 2 to 1. Powell should make the regional tourney every year in every sport.

Powell has close to 800 kids and it doesn't matter rather Estill is in the District or not! Powell hasn't went 2 years in a row and it has had nothing to do with Estill. If they beat Lee last year in the regular season then they don't play Estill until the finals and make the regional tourney. Powell outnumbers Lee better than 2 to 1. Powell should make the regional tourney every year in every sport.

Oh I love your style!!! I agree 100%. I don't know about football or even how it operates it's playoff system. Baseball, Basketball (B/G) and softball, volleyball, cornhole, chess, monopoly whatever the sport is they should be in the regional tourney. JMO some would call me crazy but when you have twice the number of students to choose from, and are in a district that seeds theres no excuse for not going atleast 3 out of every 4 years.

I see what you're saying, but Estill does have something to do with it. Forgetting what has happened on the field the last two years, compare Estill's chances of taking up a spot in the region to Wolfe's. Estill moving to the district gives Powell a little less breathing room, in the past even on a down year Powell still had a good chance of getting in, but now on Estill and Lee's better years, Powell has a smaller chance of reaching regional play. Should they have been in the last two years, definately, but after seeing what Varney and his Pirates have done in the regular season, in the next few years they should get their post season issues lined out.

Anyone know the sizes of the schools mentioned for comparison purposes?

According to the 2007 report submitted to the KHSAA, enrollments for the four 56th districts schools are:

Estill County 732

Powell County 730

Lee County 379

Owsley County 238

According to the 2007 report submitted to the KHSAA, enrollments for the four 56th districts schools are:

Estill County 732

Powell County 730

Lee County 379

Owsley County 238

Lee must be doing something right they have made it out of the District ever since Estill has moved into the district..............even though the numbers are stacked against them :thumb:

Powell had 776 kids enrolled the first day of school in 2007. I agree that Lee is doing something right over the past several years but can or will it continue? Also, I did not mean to take anything from Estill Co. They have quality kids, coaches and administrators that will always keep their programs competitive. Kudos to Estill, they make the 14th even better!

Powell had 776 kids enrolled the first day of school in 2007. I agree that Lee is doing something right over the past several years but can or will it continue? Also, I did not mean to take anything from Estill Co. They have quality kids, coaches and administrators that will always keep their programs competitive. Kudos to Estill, they make the 14th even better!

I don't think it was taken that way, it's great to see the 56th be compete year to year.

Lee must be doing something right they have made it out of the District ever since Estill has moved into the district..............even though the numbers are stacked against them :thumb:

Agreed. And I think Lee County's coach has to be commended. He's got it done two consecutive years. Small enrollment numbers, but big results.