Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK basketball 09 recruiting class

Featured Replies

We seem to be filling up every class, but this one through 2012. :lol:

 

Right now we have Vilarino, but there is a lot of rumors out there that he maybe decommitting. Ive also heard it said that he is not very good.

 

With the way its looking right now we will probably have 2 or 3 scholarships available. Id imagine a dream class to be:

 

John Wall

Jon Hood

Derrick Favors or Renardo Sidney

 

We don't have many scholarships in this class, I do believe its important to make the ones UK has count.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky is recruiting 16 of the top 100 players in this class. Billy G. will sign a very good class for 09.

Vilarino will be fine. Amazing how when he committed he was a stud, and now he may not be that good...

I don't know that he was all that highly regarded when he committed.

How many scholarships are there going to be to offer? Will Carter be a Senior or did they use a redshirt on him?

I think that could be the big question is how many scholarships will be available. Carter will be the only senior. If Jasper transfers I would have to imagine UK will not fill that scholarship this year. That will leave two to give for next year and one is going to Vilarino at this point. Who really knows about anybody else that could transfer after next year. It's tough to say. Possibly Patterson would go pro, but that is not a given.

How many scholarships are there going to be to offer? Will Carter be a Senior or did they use a redshirt on him?

 

I believe (not 100%) that we will only have 1 scholly that year unless Jasper leaves or Patterson turns pro.

I believe (not 100%) that we will only have 1 scholly that year unless Jasper leaves or Patterson turns pro.

 

Pretty sure I just said that. Oh well...

  • Author
Vilarino will be fine. Amazing how when he committed he was a stud, and now he may not be that good...

 

Not what I am hearing. I hate to set here and knock a UK recruit, but I have heard he simply is not that good and not big D-1 calibur.

Not what I am hearing. I hate to set here and knock a UK recruit, but I have heard he simply is not that good and not big D-1 calibur.

 

I , too, have heard that he is nothing more than a Tubby Smith-type of recruit HAHA

Not what I am hearing. I hate to set here and knock a UK recruit, but I have heard he simply is not that good and not big D-1 calibur.

 

It may appear that way, but he'll be a four-star caliber recruit that brings some stability to a potential championship team. Don't worry about his ability.

 

After all, he was the only junior to make the Texas All-State team.

Jon Hood was just added to the 09 class.

I believe we're also making strides with a 5 star big man,Deshawn Painter.

  • Author

One down 2 more to go for my dream class. For the record Id like to have Hood, Wall, and any 5* big man that will be a big impact or us.

Not what I am hearing. I hate to set here and knock a UK recruit, but I have heard he simply is not that good and not big D-1 calibur.

 

I've heard he is a tireless worker, who has been working non-stop to meet Coach G's expectations. He may not be the greatest player, or a guy that is going to start, but every team needs solid role players off the bench especially at the PG position, and Vilarino will do just that IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.