Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Braves (Week 6)

Featured Replies

The Braves have won one since the Reds last Title.

 

 

Thanks for the news flash, but that's not what my post says.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A true fan would pay for a MLB subscription and watch every game instead of making weak excuses. At any rate, I'll take World Series Championships in my lifetime. ;):D

First: You're clearly older than me. You see, in my lifetime, the two teams are dead even at one. (1990 for the Reds, 1995 for the Braves). Another thing, the Braves may have lost in all those other World Series, but at least I can remember them playing for a championship. I was seven the last time the Reds were there, and so have never seen them even a breath away.

 

Second: It sure is easy to say a true fan would pay for the subscription when Fox Sport Ohio, which is free to most cable and satellite subscribers in the state, broadcasts every Reds game. Even at the height of their time on TBS the Braves did not enjoy that sort of coverage. I personally do not want to pay to watch baseball on the internet, and even if I did, I have other areas that I would spend my money before spending it on something that. So I guess I'm not a "true fan". Silly me.

First: You're clearly older than me. You see, in my lifetime, the two teams are dead even at one. (1990 for the Reds, 1995 for the Braves). Another thing, the Braves may have lost in all those other World Series, but at least I can remember them playing for a championship. I was seven the last time the Reds were there, and so have never seen them even a breath away.

 

Second: It sure is easy to say a true fan would pay for the subscription when Fox Sport Ohio, which is free to most cable and satellite subscribers in the state, broadcasts every Reds game. Even at the height of their time on TBS the Braves did not enjoy that sort of coverage. I personally do not want to pay to watch baseball on the internet, and even if I did, I have other areas that I would spend my money before spending it on something that. So I guess I'm not a "true fan". Silly me.

 

 

 

First: I can't help it that you're a young pup. I remember many, many years of the Braves stinking up the NL West, while the Reds and Dodgers were dominating.

 

 

Second: Even the I get to see the Reds on Fox Sports Ohio I still pay for a MLB subscription so I can watch my 2nd favorite team the Arizona D-Backs, and most importantly watch Brandon Webb pitch.

 

Third: It's good to see you admit that you're not a true fan. :p

First: I can't help it that you're a young pup. I remember many, many years of the Braves stinking up the NL West, while the Reds and Dodgers were dominating.

 

 

Second: Even the I get to see the Reds on Fox Sports Ohio I still pay for a MLB subscription so I can watch my 2nd favorite team the Arizona D-Backs, and most importantly watch Brandon Webb pitch.

 

Third: It's good to see you admit that you're not a true fan. :p

Not a true fan by your lofty standards. I'm not going to criticize your decision to spend money on MLB.TV (or another subscription - that's the only one available to me), but I quite frankly have other things I need and would rather spend the money on, and for that matter, my time.

Not a true fan by your lofty standards. I'm not going to criticize your decision to spend money on MLB.TV (or another subscription - that's the only one available to me), but I quite frankly have other things I need and would rather spend the money on, and for that matter, my time.

 

 

And there's nothing wrong with that.

  • Author

19 posts in less than a day.:dancingpa

19 posts in less than a day.:dancingpa

 

 

Thanks to me. :lol:

We should set a goal of 50 posts for all Braves weekly threads. I think we could do that.

The Braves and Cubs are my 2 favorite national league teams, so I guess I'll have to get in on these weekly discussion :thumb:

  • Author

I'm surprised more teams don't try and trade with the Braves. I mean they seem to have a knack for developing talent in their minor league system. Their latest stud is Yunel Escobar. He seems like he's going to develop into a great short stop.

  • Author
^ Maybe the fact that they won't trade them. :lol:

 

I think they trade a lot of their prospects, look at the Teixeira deal and the JD Drew deal. I mean they have traded alot of their prospects recently. I know the ones people probably want are untouchable, but I never see anything about teams wanting to try and trade with the Braves. I would say Jason Heyward is probably one of the Braves up and coming players. He will be really good if he continues to develop.

The Braves are winning right now over the Padres. 5-3 in the 8th inning.

Top of the ninth, Braves still up two. Padres have two on with 1 out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.