April 24, 200818 yr How funny! He's not a UK basketball fan, so he must be a UL basketball fan! :lol: What a hoot! :lol: :lol: Yeah, thats exactly what I said... How long do you think I've been around this website? RP roots for UL in football, do you feel like he has no affection for the basketball team through this. We all know he is a Duke fan and that he really dislikes UK. You'd think the guy who lives in Louisville with an avatar of Louisville player could defend himself here, but he's saying nothing. Not to mention I never quoted anybody in the post I made, and how many UL fans believe that Pitino always tells the truth. Glad you can fight his battles for him though. But you are right, I'm sure he doesn't like UL basketball at all either. What a hoot!
April 24, 200818 yr I see this as more of a motivation/challenge thing for DC. If he does make it back, you better believe he earned his spot.
April 24, 200818 yr Author Yeah, thats exactly what I said... How long do you think I've been around this website? RP roots for UL in football, do you feel like he has no affection for the basketball team through this. We all know he is a Duke fan and that he really dislikes UK. You'd think the guy who lives in Louisville with an avatar of Louisville player could defend himself here, but he's saying nothing. Not to mention I never quoted anybody in the post I made, and how many UL fans believe that Pitino always tells the truth. Glad you can fight his battles for him though. But you are right, I'm sure he doesn't like UL basketball at all either. What a hoot! He really doesn't... in fact, he really, really doesn't like Pitino. He thought they were talented and fun to watch this season, but that's the extent of it.
April 24, 200818 yr Pitino is opening up a scholarship by showing DC the door. He has to get rid of him because that was part of the deal with Samuels,no Character at U of L.That can be taken more than one way I guess but either way might be right.:lol:
April 24, 200818 yr This isn't done yet... just letting you guys know. Pintino was quoted in todays paper as saying he is not in the cards plans now.It's not in his best interest or our best interest.Too much has happened for him to turn around now.
April 24, 200818 yr Author Here are Rick's quotes on DC: "I doubt it. We're in the same place that we were. He wants to come back, but that's not in his best interest. His best interest right now is to proceed forward with his plan of trying to become a second round draft pick, and try and make it at the next level. The most important thing for him is to get in those camps, find out where he is as a basketball player, and get a good measuring stick as to his abilities vs. other players who are all very hungry to make it." When asked if Caracter had come to him and asked to return for another year: "Yeah, he has, but that's not in the cards for him right now. It's not in his best interest or our best interest. Our best interest and his best interest right now is for him to try to become a second round draft pick. Too much has happened for him to turn around now." Pitino is making him go to Orlando so he can see just how low he is on the draft board, and how much more work he needs to compete with the elite prospects in the post. Along solid but not official stuff that I hear, his language from these quotes and others tells me that he wants DC humbled by an experience in Orlando and won't make the decision on letting him back until that happens. Pitino, throughout the press conference, refused to give a yes-or-no without condition response on Caracter, because that final decision hasn't been made yet.
April 24, 200818 yr I believe DC will be back, whether or not that is good for the 2008-2009 Cards' psyche....who knows?
April 24, 200818 yr DC is on his own dime. He doesn't have an agent. You said Pitino was making him go,I didn't figure he had that much cash laying around to go on his own.
April 24, 200818 yr Author You said Pitino was making him go,I didn't figure he had that much cash laying around to go on his own. Financially, it isn't that spectacular. Even ram2003 and I can afford a road trip to Miami. With tickets (in the third row of the lower level) the Orange Bowl cost us less than 250 a piece.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.