Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Keppinger

Featured Replies

I think I spelled it right. What happens when Gonzalaz comes back? Obviously he is the SS but it's hard to keep Kepps bat out of the lineup. Any chance they try to get him at bats and trade him while he's hot if he goes on a run?

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i heard them talking about this during last nights game, can't remember what their answer was though.

I'd rather see them trade Gonzo. Keppy has done everything you could possibly ask of him and simply looks to be the real deal, both in the field and at the plate. Cheaper and younger than Gonzo.

The way Keppinger is hitting, no way you can sit him down when Gonzo comes back.

 

Will be very, very interesting to see how the Reds handle it when the time comes.

I say package Gonzo and Freel in a package with an A ball prospect maybe for someone like Jonathon Broxton of the Dodgers.

Keppy has been tearing it up ever since he was called to play SS last year. He is a real big time hitter.

I say package Gonzo and Freel in a package with an A ball prospect maybe for someone like Jonathon Broxton of the Dodgers.
The Dodgers would laugh at that one ...

Kepp is playing well. I have been impressed with Cueto and Volquez. I hope they keep this up.

I say package Gonzo and Freel in a package with an A ball prospect maybe for someone like Jonathon Broxton of the Dodgers.

 

Interesting. Do you Broxton is up for grabs? They were grooming him to be the closer but Saito has played very well. I hope that that scenario would be possible, because Broxton is better than anything we have.

Kep to 3B and bench EE

 

I agree, only I would like to see E-5 traded instead of benched. I'd keep Freel as a utility player.

Interesting. Do you Broxton is up for grabs?.
He isn't ...
Kep to 3B and bench EE
Encarnacion, like him or not, is one of the guys the Reds are building around.

 

Why can't Keppinger be a supersub, with one or two starts a week at short and third and an occasional fill-in at second or in the outfield? No one knows if Keppinger is a guy that can sustain it for 500-plus ABs, but he looks like a nice part-time player at least.

Encarnacion, like him or not, is one of the guys the Reds are building around.

 

Why can't Keppinger be a supersub, with one or two starts a week at short and third and an occasional fill-in at second or in the outfield? No one knows if Keppinger is a guy that can sustain it for 500-plus ABs, but he looks like a nice part-time player at least.

 

Why can't you just jump the gun like the rest of us and crown him as the future? :p:thumb: I agree, we need to ease him in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.